PDA

View Full Version : Competition Car audio equip. for sale or trade

Bigg Pimpin
10-04-2004, 02:16 AM
I am getting out of the car audio stuff so I figured I might try to sell off my system to help fund the new quad project. Here's what I have I'll make you a deal on everything if you want it all. The system hit 142db in my liberty at the last comp. I went to. Everything is in good working order and perfect condition except for a couple small places on the cap that the plastic cover came off from the box rubbing against it. The box is the only thing I won't ship it is just to big. I am looking for 400ex parts so if you have something and want to trade let me know. I am mostly looking for +2 a-arms and shocks at the moment.

2 MMATS Pro-Cast 12's(700WattsRMS each)- Retail $700 sell- $400 OBO

MC-1000D Memphis amp- 1100watts RMS- Retail $700+ sell $400OBO

PBC-4400 Memphis 4 channel amp 55w RMSx4- Retail $450 sell $200OBO

4.2 cu.ft. Ported box tuned to 35hz- needs carpet $50

Boss 1 Farad Digital capacitor- Retail $120 sell- $50

Older model Boss 2-ch crossover- $20

All the wiring I will let go for $100 which includes 20' 4ga. Power, 6' 4ga. ground, 2 20ft. Boss RCA's(not the cheapo's), All Tsunami gold and Titanium connections including the + batt. terminal and whatever else is under the carpet lol. I know I spent a good $300 on wiring alone.

Box
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393407_206.jpg
MC-1000D, Boss cap and crossover
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393407_204_full.jpg
PBC-4400
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393407_29.jpg
Pic of the subs
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393407_205.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/393000-393999/393407_207.jpg

cheeseburger35
10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
is that a one ohm stable amp???

Bigg Pimpin
10-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by cheeseburger35
is that a one ohm stable amp???

Yep will run at 1ohm all day long and never ever get hot. Can be pushed to 1/2 if need be but it will warm up a little then. :D

cheeseburger35
10-05-2004, 01:07 PM
i looked it up and nowhere does it say it's stable at 1/2 ohm and if you hooked it up there that's not good. lol i'd like to buy it but not if it's been abused ! plus we've gotta talk about the price can you come down some i've been looking on ebay and stuff and the price seems high for a used amp?

SixthFloorFreak
10-05-2004, 04:47 PM
i looked it up and nowhere does it say it's stable at 1/2 ohm and if you hooked it up there that's not good. lol i'd like to buy it but not if it's been abused ! plus we've gotta talk about the price can you come down some i've been looking on ebay and stuff and the price seems high for a used amp?

while i am with you on the price issue, i gotta disagree on the abuse part.

truth be told, that amp will see nowhere near .5 ohm when wired that way due to in box impedence rise...it would probably even be lucky to see even 1 ohm at the amp when wired at .5

Memphis amps have adequate protection circuitry, that if the amp didn't like an impedence it was presented with, it would shut down.

sorry to hijack this thread, but i would hate to see the original poster's equipment not be bought because it was viewed as abused.

cheeseburger35
10-05-2004, 08:10 PM
i have no clue what you are talking about dude about box inpendence? the box has nothing to do with what ohm the amp sees guy the way you wire your sub's voice coils does
i do know what i'm talking about when you run an amp down below its recommended load ie impendence you run the risk of screwing up the power supply no matter what brand mephis is a good amp yes but i guarantee you run it at 1/2 ohm and you'll mess something up it's just not designed to handle that
it would try to push out wayyyy too many watts!!

Bigg Pimpin
10-05-2004, 11:26 PM
No the amp has not been abused! It has been hooked up at 1 ohm 99% of it's life in my truck. I've only had it about 6 months so it's like brand new. I have hooked it up at .5 ohm temporarily just to see what it would do and it holds up just fine at that. All I was trying to say was that Memphis amps are underrated and it would go to .5 ohm for competition purposes. If it overloaded the protection would shut it down long before it fried anything. I might work on the price a little thus the OBO by the price. PM me an offer and we'll go from there. I've been running Memphis amps for the last 5yrs. and very well know what they will and won't do and I have yet to fry one.

SixthFloorFreak
10-05-2004, 11:45 PM
i have no clue what you are talking about dude about box inpendence? the box has nothing to do with what ohm the amp sees guy the way you wire your sub's voice coils does
i do know what i'm talking about when you run an amp down below its recommended load ie impendence you run the risk of screwing up the power supply no matter what brand mephis is a good amp yes but i guarantee you run it at 1/2 ohm and you'll mess something up it's just not designed to handle that
it would try to push out wayyyy too many watts!!

if you seriously think the box has nothing to do with the actual impedence the amp sees, then you have a lot to learn about car audio.

Bigg Pimpin, sorry to butt in on this thread...good luck selling your stuff.

:D

cheeseburger35
10-05-2004, 11:48 PM
it doesn't guy!! lol the only thing the box changes is the FREQUENCY ! not the same thing as IMPEDENCE

2 dual 4 ohm subs each wired parrallel and then the two bridged on one channel would mean 1 ohm no matter what the hell the box is

SixthFloorFreak
10-05-2004, 11:51 PM
it doesn't guy!! lol the only thing the box changes is the FREQUENCY ! not the same thing as IMPEDENCE

2 dual 4 ohm subs each wired parrallel and then the two bridged on one channel would mean 1 ohm no matter what the hell the box is

you end up with 1 ohm nominal, but nowhere near 1 ohm when the current starts flowing. tuning frequency and the material being reproduced have much to do with actual impedence whether you want to believe it or not

cheeseburger35
10-05-2004, 11:53 PM
i'm open minded but i'm not going to ask people if you haven't noticed especially in forums people lie if you have another nifty website that has some facts and stuff on it shoot it this way!!!

SixthFloorFreak
10-05-2004, 11:58 PM
i'm open minded but i'm not going to ask people if you haven't noticed especially in forums people lie if you have another nifty website that has some facts and stuff on it shoot it this way!!!

if you have access to testing equipment, you can see it yourself. burp your subs at a given frequency, while testing AC amperage and AC voltage on your speaker leads. you can then use Ohm's law to calculate your in-box impedence. try it with a few different frequencies on a bass disc, but keep the volume at the same level

:D

V=I*R where V=voltage, I=current in amperes, and R=resistance in ohms

cheeseburger35
10-06-2004, 12:00 AM
i don't have any access since i graduated tech school 2 years ago

Bigg Pimpin
10-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by SixthFloorFreak
Bigg Pimpin, sorry to butt in on this thread...good luck selling your stuff.

:D [/B] No problems dude. It's all good. BTW I have heard of what he is talking about with box impedence but never really got into it. To technical for me. :D

SixthFloorFreak
10-06-2004, 12:46 AM
i don't have any access since i graduated tech school 2 years ago

if you ever get a chance to check out what we've been discussing, by all means do it. you can see as much as a .5 ohm difference in two sequential frequencies.

gojk
10-06-2004, 03:44 AM
This guy is right. Actually, just place the ohm meter on the speaker leads and press the speaker in and out. It will vary the impedence.

cheeseburger35
10-08-2004, 01:09 PM
so anyways how much are we talking for the stuff ya got bottom dollar?

Bigg Pimpin
10-11-2004, 02:00 AM
pretty much everything sold over the weekend. I only have the PBC-4400 left. Make offers for it. Will trade for 400ex full system.

cheeseburger35
10-11-2004, 06:12 AM
i got a bunch of pipe laying out back and a muffler and cat from a 72 vega i'm a pretty good welder i should have your exhaust banged out by noon!! i'll give ya a hollar when i'm done
boy are you going to be pimpin with this!!!

cheeseburger35
10-11-2004, 06:14 AM
can i see some of the pics of that amp? how good are the cuttoffs on the crossover assuming it has one