PDA

View Full Version : I'm outta control!!

quadvirgin27
10-03-2004, 11:44 PM
OK.. I have just spent a ridiculous amount of money on CD's. And the bad thing is, I want more!!!! I just bought 7 cd's sheeeesh.... Yet I can name at least 3 others that I want.... I dunno if they're worth buying or not, cause I only know like one or two songs on each... I'll tell ya the ones I have just bought (don't have em yet, just ordered off of ebay)
I got

Thornley
Shinedown
Crossfade
Both Chevelle CD's older and newer
Hoobastank
Lost Prophets (I actually bought this one at Wal-Mart at 2am yesterday morning)

I WANT Story of the Year, Finger 11, Yellowcard, the new Good Charlotte, cause the song Predictable is kicking *** right now... Each of those Cd's I know two songs on, but is the rest of the CD worth it? I've already spent a ****load... lmao If anyone has any of these CD's help me out and tell me if they're worth it

I think I have a problem :confused: lmao

allmixedup047
10-03-2004, 11:56 PM
ok...you should have just bought crossfade or shinedown, one or the other because they sound the same. and dont get good charlotte!!! JMO. what i would do is go get some 311!!!:D and then get killswitch engage, unearth, poison the well, and maybe a thursday cd. those are good bands, the rest are just floater bands, they float by and then there gone. none of them have enough talent to stick around.

oh yeah, the story of the year cd is kickass. i have it and love it.

these are just my opinions and i thought i would share it with ya.;) :blah:

quadvirgin27
10-04-2004, 12:30 AM
I have 311... lmao I've always liked them thanks for the tip on that.... hehehe

As far as the other bands, whether or not they have staying power doesn't really matter, i guess..... I'll listen to them when they're not popular, it's the music that matters to me lol ... I have some CD's of bands I am sure you haven't heard, yet they kick***** and are worth checking out...

Greenwheel - is a band outta St. Louis They have a song on the first Spider Man soundtrack called Shelter, and Melissa Ethridge swiped a song from them, (Greeny does it better lol) awesome, awesome band.. Soma Holiday is their CD

and the other is

Accidental Superhero - don't ask me why I like em, I couldn't tell ya, they are definitely not like the other bands whose CD's I bought, lmao couldn't tell ya the name of their CD though

Thanks for the help... I'll def get the SOTY cd, I saw them in concert with Breaking Benjamin ( <--my fave) Godsmack, Smile Empty Soul, and Finger 11

allmixedup047
10-04-2004, 12:37 AM
i think ive heard of greenwheel, i only live 250miles away from st.louis.lol

IMO 311 is the best band ever if you really listen to them and understand what they are all about.
another god band out right now is non point. they have some good stuff! you should try to check them out if you get the chance. sorry im not helping the cause by suggesting to buy more cd's. but oh well.:blah:

quad
10-04-2004, 04:26 AM
S.O.T.Y. is awesome!!!!!!! I can pretty much listen to the whole CD without skipping songs.:D

Rootar
10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
get a NOFX cd you wont turn back
Flogging Molly rocks too

Rootar
10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
oh yea quit buying cds and get i mesh or the i pod thing i still got kazaa
:p

theTman
10-04-2004, 05:19 PM
shinedown rules
badcharlotte sucks

Punk'd
10-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
i think ive heard of greenwheel, i only live 250miles away from st.louis.lol

IMO 311 is the best band ever if you really listen to them and understand what they are all about.
another god band out right now is non point. they have some good stuff! you should try to check them out if you get the chance. sorry im not helping the cause by suggesting to buy more cd's. but oh well.:blah:

Well im in St.Louis:blah:

lil400exman
10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
get the original disclaimer by seether............it rocks!

Quad18star
10-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Lost prophets cd kicks ... I have the Yellowcard CD .... wasn't what I expected .... really wasn't worth the money I spent on it . I thought alot of the song would have been like Ocean Avenue , but they aren't I usually only listen to that song on the whole CD .

Guy400
10-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Next time you're out check out Midnight Oil and Culture Club:macho

I-7
10-04-2004, 05:45 PM
I just download my music for free :o . Who cares if its illegal?? :)

Quad18star
10-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by I-7
I just download my music for free :o . Who cares if its illegal?? :) I download a ton of songs , but my burner isn't working :( . I'm too cheap to go get a new one , so I just go out and buy CDs .... at $25 a CD , I guess I could have had my burner by now . :(

10-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
get the original disclaimer by seether............it rocks!

disclaimer 2 is the original disclaimer plus i think 9 bonus tracks... i think its the better one jmo

but seether is better then all those bands she mentioned neways, if u want a new cd get seether disclaimer 2

quadvirgin27
10-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Lost prophets cd kicks ... I have the Yellowcard CD .... wasn't what I expected .... really wasn't worth the money I spent on it . I thought alot of the song would have been like Ocean Avenue , but they aren't I usually only listen to that song on the whole CD .

I am really into the Lost Prophets CD.... great driving music for sure...now if only I could figure out how to wear my headphones & my helmet so I could ride to it, lmao!! As far as Yellowcard goes, I like "Only One" better than Ocean Avenue, lmao But I still have 5 free CD's coming from BMG Music Services, unfortunately, they don't have Seether, I checked... They do have Yellowcard though, so I guess it might be worth the $2.50 for shipping...
I'm sitting here listening to Sirius Sat. Radio trying to get more ideas, and checking them out on BMG's site to see if they have it, ol Hmmmmmm.... Sevendust's Denial..... this is a good song, I think I'll go check and see if they have this one :blah:

"
disclaimer 2 is the original disclaimer plus i think 9 bonus tracks...
Does that have "Broken" with Amy Lee, if so I'm there... I also heard the Punisher Soundtrack was good, I know that song is on there ......... don't laugh.....lol I might actually look for that one hehe

gyt-r450
10-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by theTman
shinedown rules
badcharlotte sucks

No no no its ga y charlotte check my icon out:eek2:

Quad18star
10-04-2004, 09:40 PM
I really gotta get one of those Sirius Satelite Radio thingies for in my car or truck . My buddy has one for his transport and his truck and it was SIC . Well worth the hundred and some odd dollars .

Also check out some songs from The Salads .... they sing Get Loose from the Eurotrip soundtrack , as well as an oldie ... The Roth Kung Fu .

Lustra is also another good band ... but very hard to find their CD or any kind of music on the net ... again they are off the Eurotrip soundtrack and sing Scotty Doesn't Know . :D

allmixedup047
10-04-2004, 09:43 PM
I really gotta get one of those Sirius Satelite Radio thingies for in my car or truck . My buddy has one for his transport and his truck and it was SIC . Well worth the hundred and some odd dollars .

Also check out some songs from The Salads .... they sing Get Loose from the Eurotrip soundtrack , as well as an oldie ... The Roth Kung Fu .

Lustra is also another good band ... but very hard to find their CD or any kind of music on the net ... again they are off the Eurotrip soundtrack and sing Scotty Doesn't Know . :D

eurotrip was one of the best movies i have ever seen. and all of my buddies think im stupid but i think the girl they went with was hotter than the german girl. i dont know why but she is hot as hell!!!:blah:

Bad Habit
10-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Melissa Ethridge

She can sing, she can play the guitar, and she likes girls..........now how can you go wrong with that :D

quadvirgin27
10-04-2004, 10:03 PM

It's actually on my satellite dish, lmao... I'm too poor to own Satellite radio, why do you think I am buying all these CD's :D There are NO good radio stations in my area, I have to go home to IN to hear the good stuff... Plus I watch alot of FUSE TV..... they seem to have the newest songs as far as alternative goes, MTV is more hip hop n all that.... I have a friend that sends me a bunch of songs, but he hasn't been doing much of that lately:( I need to get my fix somewhere else, lol That's why I've turned to you guys, lmao

quadvirgin27
10-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Melissa Ethridge

She can sing, she can play the guitar, and she likes girls..........now how can you go wrong with that :D

Well... for one thing, she took Greenwheels' song "Breathe" and redid it, but I tell ya, it's not nearly as good as the original by Greenwheel..... Seriously... those guys kick arse.... The lyrics are awesome...... and the tunes aren't bad either ;)

10-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by quadvirgin27

Does that have "Broken" with Amy Lee, if so I'm there... I also heard the Punisher Soundtrack was good, I know that song is on there ......... don't laugh.....lol I might actually look for that one hehe

yep thats the one, it also has the version where he sings by himself, wich imo is much better

lil400exman
10-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by member
yep thats the one, it also has the version where he sings by himself, wich imo is much better

exactly..........the way i feel is get the original memorize that then get the real thing.......i have my originial copy (if i really like the CD i buy the original) and i have 3 copies for everywhere i go.........disclaimer II does have the sweet song about daddys little girl:eek2: :devil: muahaha btw i saw seether,three days grace,breaking benjamin and evanessence live in august...great concert but dale stewart was out for emergency surgery.......shaun morgan kiks arse!:macho

quadvirgin27
10-06-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by lil400exman
exactly..........the way i feel is get the original memorize that then get the real thing.......i have my originial copy (if i really like the CD i buy the original) and i have 3 copies for everywhere i go.........disclaimer II does have the sweet song about daddys little girl:eek2: :devil: muahaha btw i saw seether,three days grace,breaking benjamin and evanessence live in august...great concert but dale stewart was out for emergency surgery.......shaun morgan kiks arse!:macho

August huh??? I love Breaking Benjamin... they are my absolute fave!!!!! I was supposed to have seen them in Indianapolis in August, but the person I was supposed to have gone with baled on me :( I can't wait to see them again... they have a kick***** show!

Out_Sider
10-06-2004, 07:38 AM
hoobastank was a waist of money, they suck

mephyst
10-06-2004, 08:41 AM
CD Burners are actually pretty cheap these days.... I haven't bought a CD in years.