PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Snowmobile Trailers

Quadworks
10-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Give me your opinions guys. I am looking into getting an 8X16 enclosed snowmobile trailer for hauling the quads around. This would be the type that looks like a normal enclosed car trailer only the floor is made up over the wheels so there would be no wheelwells inside. Also would have the V front with the drive out door on 1 side. Most that I have looked at are about 68-74" interior height, so tall enough to stand in. Being an 8X16 in would haul 4 quads easily. Does anyone else use 1 of these? I just don't like the normal trailers as putting 2 quads side by side they must sit on the wheelwells. Let me know what you all think. Thanks.

K_Banger125
10-03-2004, 08:29 PM
my one friend i ride with uses a snowmobile trailer to haul his quads in im not sure what model but its pretty sweet...its tall enough to stand in...it has a fold up door in the rear and a look in window in the front..it sounds like your trailer is goin to be pretty pimp..good luck with it

Quad18star
10-03-2004, 09:21 PM
I know a lot of guys that use sled trailers for ATVs . Half the people I know own both snowmobile and ATVs ... and they usually opt for the sled trailer .... more versitile ... plus you gotta love the drive out feature in the front .

86350x
10-03-2004, 09:52 PM
As long as you have at least a full size truck go for it. I'm getting another 2 place triton. I usually just use that. Can't even feel it behind my fullsize. My cousin has one like you described, but more delux, with a work area too.

He can feel it behind his f350.

Quadworks
10-04-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
As long as you have at least a full size truck go for it.

He can feel it behind his f350.

Must be a real big trailer to feel it behind an f350. What does everyone else use to pull theres? Also what size?

allmixedup047
10-04-2004, 12:38 PM
my uncle has a 33ft toy hauler, its around 11,000 pounds and he pulls it with his f-250, he has a 150hp chip and exhuast with trany cooler and a wicked wheel to help with the turbo flutter. he just put new shocks on it and f-450 spring on it. you can feel it behind the truck for about the first 75 miles, then after that i guess you get use to it being there and dont relize it.