PDA

View Full Version : 400ex carb on 300ex need help .

ride300exred
04-11-2002, 07:52 PM
What jetting does evryone use for this i have a DG pipe and a Uni filter and holes in the airbox .
I had it on the first day my quad ran but crappy i checked the pilot jet its the same size thats in my 300ex carb so i put a main jet or 130 in there at first running crappy . So I tried to start my quad up with the 130 main , needle clip in the middle and a 38 pilot jet and it started up but couldnt get past 1/4 to 1/2 throttle .
it would bog and quit , I fouled my plug so i took apart my quad and moved the needle clip up one and put a 125 main jet , and a different plugh I wont start now , I also messed with the idle but dont even have a clue where it should go how many full turns should i go out on the idle ? what size pilot and main should I use ? Where should I move the needle clip ?
Thanks Kris .
Please help me out I wanna go riding .
Please tell me your setups .

ride300exred
04-11-2002, 07:53 PM
O yah and before you guys ask I am getting gas , and I do have a spark . Im ready to throw the old carb back in.
Thanks .
Kris

300EX-Man
04-11-2002, 08:36 PM
i no somebody will think i am stupid, but i hate carbs, at my local shops it is about $30-40 for them to jet your carb. it is a lot easier haven someone else make it right for you, they take your bike for a couple hours and then you go back and pick it up as good as new.

lot easier in my mind, plus you don't have to buy all the jets to experiment with

ride300exred
04-12-2002, 01:28 PM
I need help with this I dont want to waste my money and pay 45 dollars a hour for them to put jets in my carb when they will cost me under ten dollars to buy the jets .
anyone with a real answer please post .
Thanks
Kris