PDA

View Full Version : YFZ questions

400exmom
10-03-2004, 06:04 PM
what pipe will pass tech inspection at the GNCC'S?

is YZ timing a good idea for a stock motor?
having problems with cutting out on a buddies bike and when starting it sometimes it goes from cranking over to dead nothing then starts to crank again.. think it could be the yz timing??

i wanna race this quad this weekend but i already had one bad experience on it tryin to race it with the jetting:mad:

any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!

Florida400EX
10-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Try a HMF with a quiet core, I think theyre saying that they pass tech inspection.

captain mike
10-04-2004, 09:26 AM
hey kim, when i replaced the topend in chads yfz a couple weeks ago, he also had me retard the cam to the yz spec~guess what i did yesterday(sunday) i put it back to stock, he said he couldn't tell much difference, maybe a little more top end, but hardly noticable~the down side was it started harder, seemed like it had to roll over more before the engine come to life~bad starts mean more people to pass on the track, not good~he's been getting great starts all year~but at summersville he was about seventh off the line~as for the jetting, i can't remember what we're running, but i'll find out today~we also run a K&N filter with an outer wears cover, no lid on the air box(that make a difference), and a fatboy 4 exhaust~thanks for the e-mail, ur a contact again :D try to be on yahoo tonight about 10:30 ur time, and i'll have the jetting specs for u

400exmom
10-04-2004, 02:36 PM
thanks mike!! yer the best!!:)

dirtriderex
10-04-2004, 04:03 PM
You have to get your pipe tested?:huh If so that is gay. What difference will it make, there are already going to be tons of quads creating noises.

10-04-2004, 05:55 PM
its not close course racing inside a building here dirtride..its in forests, has to be forest legal..certain sound, and must have a spakr arrestoer (i think?)