PDA

View Full Version : What A Race !!!!

Quad18star
10-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Anyone watch the Nascar race this afternoon??? It was some serious racing out there today .... nothing like a little bumping and grinding at 190 MPH . I have to give Earnhardt Jr soem credit ..... pitting with 9 laps to go , comming out of the pits in 10th place and then moving up to the lead ..... great racing . Pretty awesome watching the teams work together and bump draft eachother to get ahead of the other drivers . And talk about a wild last lap ... 2 crashes and Elliot Sadler crossing the finish line on 2 wheels after getting the car upside down a few hundred feet from the finish line .... that dude has bad luck with getting on his hood at Talladaga . Today showed that Jeff Gordon doesn't have any friends out there .... no one wanted to help him move up positions with the bump drafting .

Guy400
10-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey, Canadians don't watch NASCAR--wasn't there a toboggan race on TV up there? :D

I knew Junior had it won when about halfway through the race they played a snippet from Kurt Busch where he said he can't do anything with the 8. He just passes him at will. Busch was fast all day and if he felt Junior was that much better I knew he had the car to beat.

Good day for points for Junior as well. He's 13 up on Busch and 61 up on Gordon:macho

I-7
10-03-2004, 05:03 PM
I had a chance to watch the ending 50 or so laps and it was a great race. Talledega always has the best races :macho

BlasterRacer26
10-03-2004, 05:12 PM
that was a great race!!..has to suck for elliot sadler..i thought he was gonna take a wild ride like last year again

Quad18star
10-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey, Canadians don't watch NASCAR--wasn't there a toboggan race on TV up there?

Yeah there was , but it was postponed due to a severe snowstorm i think .... I was watching the channel and it was all fuzzy ... i don't know if it was bad reception or if it was real snow . :blah:

trick450r
10-03-2004, 05:47 PM
my dad and I are serious nascar fans...acually serious dale jr. fans he and his father have the two best records for talledega in the history of nascar....junior is gettin the championship this year...