PDA

View Full Version : B.E.T. races

Scott-300ex
10-03-2004, 11:30 AM
well, yesterday i go to the races in my town, flattrack, lots of 4-wheelers, i and so into it, im going to get a yamaha yfz450 and race it, and get them flat track tires, how much are they? and do you need to mod out the 450 to make it comparable. i don't know but lots of 250r's and quite a few 450's too, and it smelt so good with all the racing fuel. But i am pumped, i want to race flat track so bad, those guys were haulin to

LTandRaptorider
10-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Hoosiers and American Racing flat track tires are about $100 each...

Low and wide is the key to flat track... is it a clay track? If it's dirt and stone, sometimes knobbies, like turf tamers work better. You can get a sway bar, use a little less air pressure in your left tires.. As far as modding the YFZ, in stock form you'd do ok... probably want to get a pipe and jetting, maybe do the cam mod. Definitely want to get nerf bars on it, and of course a kill switch. For your stock suspension, try backing everything off to the softest setting... pre-load, rebound and compression. I assume you're talking about an oval track. With TT racing, you need some suspension travel. They do have lowering kits, but try what I suggested first and see how it goes. If you get into flat track racing seriously, there is all kinds of stuff you can do, with money being the only thing holding you back!

Scott-300ex
10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
yeah money.

how much does the pipe, the special one you buy with the bike, help?

thats true about widening and how much is a stabalizer and where should i get one?

a yfz450 is like 7000 bucks right, i live by st. louis since prices are different all over oh and how much more is one with the pipe?

I-7
10-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Do you mean the gytr pipe made by yamaha?? Or did I misread

Scott-300ex
10-05-2004, 10:06 PM
maybe

i heard you can buy it completely stock or you can buy it with a pipe on it, aftermarket thing or something and do they have it jetted for that

i hope?:confused:

I-7
10-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Yes go to http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/atv/media/byobintro.htm

It lets you build your own yfz and the pipes that yamaha offeres directly are gyt-r

250x#93
10-06-2004, 10:27 AM
I got a bunch of oval tracks around me that i go and watch the cars race at......Someday i'm gonna race latemodel but man it would be nice if they would get into flattrack atv'n but oh well doens't look like its gonna happen:o