PDA

View Full Version : Arens CRF Frame

Atreyu
10-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Anybody ever use arens 400ex/crf frame? How does everything line up? Good/bad experiences? What does it come with? Thanks.

Cody_300ex
10-03-2004, 11:34 AM
If i was you I would stay away from ANY arens product.

Atreyu
10-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Why do you say this?

theTman
10-03-2004, 06:11 PM
ask Tommy 17

Dave400ex
10-03-2004, 06:19 PM
We had some problems with the LT a-arms, but John got us the parts and now they are working fine. I know some of the first frames had some errors, but now the later frames are much better then the older ones.

Tommy 17
10-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
We had some problems with the LT a-arms, but John got us the parts and now they are working fine. I know some of the first frames had some errors, but now the later frames are much better then the older ones.

yeah he got us the parts alright... only took 6 months for the a-arms to come originally after repeated lies on when they would come... then after the a-arms came they came apart on 3 of 4 quads i know of... it then took over another month for the new studs that were supposed to be here weeks ago... don't trust a word he says bc its all lies... after my experience with the company i will never deal with him again... my favorite was o they are in heat treat... 3 weeks later they still never came and when they did come the tie rod i needed wasn't in there... we'll see how long this tie rod takes to come... its been since last saturday already...

Atreyu
10-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
yeah he got us the parts alright... only took 6 months for the a-arms to come originally after repeated lies on when they would come... then after the a-arms came they came apart on 3 of 4 quads i know of... it then took over another month for the new studs that were supposed to be here weeks ago... don't trust a word he says bc its all lies... after my experience with the company i will never deal with him again... my favorite was o they are in heat treat... 3 weeks later they still never came and when they did come the tie rod i needed wasn't in there... we'll see how long this tie rod takes to come... its been since last saturday already...

You're talking about John himself? Anyone else have any experience with them?

400ex28
10-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

:eek: .... im not gettin arens

Lethalhonda2
10-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Tommy17 and I had about the same expieriences with Aren's. I bought a complete bike.(Frame,A-arms,swingarm ect) The wait was alot longer than we were told and most came at seperate times.So in my case I had to sit around and wait until the rest of it showed up. As far as everything bolting up? Wow! I have talked about it before on these forums and once again it was a bad experience. I did talk to John many times about the problems and he did make it right.I received a new frame with the problems solved. I havent had time to work on the new frame because of time.So as far as things bolting up now ---I dont know.I dont think I will ever do one of these projects again, it was definitly a learning experience. I spent alot of time at a local machine shop because without them I never would have finished it. Well I'm still working on it now, just to make it better

roostin_dale
10-03-2004, 06:58 PM
talk to 416exmx...he had an arens frame on his crf...

Atreyu
10-03-2004, 07:01 PM
I think I've been inspired to go with LSR frame..:eek2:

lonestar 426
10-04-2004, 07:35 AM
i have e lonestar frame whit 426 engine all the stuff was install on the bike whit no probleme only the air box whit lt suspension hit the galiper little modif and its ok:blah: this bike is great

10-09-2004, 09:09 PM
I am running a Houser CRF frame and absolutely love it. There customer service is second to none!

Atreyu
10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
How much did that run you? I didnt know houser made frames..maybe I'll go with them cause I love they're LT a-arms.

roostin_dale
10-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Yea, houser makes a great crf450 frame. I've seen andy's bike and it is a VERY sweet quad....(ab****)

10-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Hey Thanks, I may be a Houser dealer by next week so I can give you a quote on everything if you want? You will need to buy the No-Link Swingarm and Custom Axis No-Link shock too. The Houser frame uses 250R plastics, tank, and rear brake caliper, 400ex A-arms and steering stem, CRF450R rear brake pedal and master cylinder. I'm very happy I went with the Houser frame

Atreyu
10-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ab****
Hey Thanks, I may be a Houser dealer by next week so I can give you a quote on everything if you want? You will need to buy the No-Link Swingarm and Custom Axis No-Link shock too. The Houser frame uses 250R plastics, tank, and rear brake caliper, 400ex A-arms and steering stem, CRF450R rear brake pedal and master cylinder. I'm very happy I went with the Houser frame

Yeah, that'd be cool..thanks.