PDA

View Full Version : what should i do

Rootar
10-02-2004, 08:34 PM
i know i going with new suspension next summer i plan for +1 houser arms and a houser swinger both standard i going to have my rear rebuilt by santo Deresi (the he can do) but for the fronts i was wondering wether i should get new works shocks triples w/ rezy or should i look for used shocks maybe under $200 and have those redone really good by santo along with my rear???? if i should get the used ones and do them i need to start lookin for a good deal on some and i was wondering should i go stock length swinger or plus 1 1/4 ?????????????? any help would be nice

exboy400
10-02-2004, 09:22 PM
the length swinger you go with depends on the type of riding you do and how much power you have....if you are constantly pulling power wheelies go a bit longer but if not and you ride tracks or trails with tight turns stay with stock length for tighter turning ....and as for shocks....i have works triples with rezzy's and if i were you i would definitely send them to derisi

Rootar
10-04-2004, 07:31 AM
im wanting to know would it be worth the extra $150- 200$ to get used works or tcs and send them to derisi in total that would be around $700 for the used shocks and the best rebuild i know that would be a good setup but would it be worth it to do it sraight off or get a set of new works triples with rezys for $530 and ride them till they need a rebuild...... and the swinger thing i have a 416, pipe, and some other stuff im pretty set ther for awhile because i like the power i can come out of sharp turns in 3rd gear and wheelie along ways just featering the clutch i had heard that a slightly longer swinger helps to take big jumps with steep landing or somthin i dunno any of yall have +1 1/4 swingers and how do yall like them and would you pick it over the stock length????????????????????/

EDIT: oh yea i ride just about every thing rocky trails in the moutains, mud, mx, alot of trails, gonna start xc, alot of dorking around on jumps i build, and just about all the trails even the track are hella rough take a pretty good beating when ya ride real fast so im hopeing to smooth these trails out alot........