PDA

View Full Version : florida how bad is it?

Mxjunkie
10-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Im just wondering, how bad did you guys in florida get hit? from what the news says and newspapers it sounds really bad :( i have a few friends from florida and they havent been online lately, sounds kinda bad :eek2: all of the rain we have had in our area (pa) has been from tropical storm systems :grr:

theTman
10-02-2004, 07:59 PM
well my moms boyfreind was down there with his parents for francis...he said they were scared ****LESS....crazy winds...flooding...then going out after the storm passed. knocked down trees,poles,roofs,houses, he said it was HORRIBLE, then they booked it up here to mass...lol

10-02-2004, 08:16 PM
WE normally get 61" of rain all year in West Palm Beach. We got 30" in the month of Sept this year. It is a mess. Traffic light missing everywere. Telephone polls snapped off and lieing on the ground. Roofs, signs and sheds blown everywere. BUT we are getting our lives back to normal slowly. We are cleaning up and rebuilding. It will probably be 12 to 18 months before this are the we they used to be. All we can do is plug along and take it one day at a time. My roof was destroyed from Frances. Jeanne didn't do as much damage as Frances, at least to my house. Other people North of me weren't as lucky as I was. Both storms made landfall in the same spot. About 50 miles North of were I live. I consider myself blessed compared to a lot of other people. We still have a lot of poeople without power. Luckily I have a BIG generator that can power my whole house. I have power now so don't need it at the moment. I wish everyone a speedy recovery from their losses. After I fix up my house it will be for sale. I am headed your way MXjunkie. To PA.

Mxjunkie
10-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
WE normally get 61" of rain all year in West Palm Beach. We got 30" in the month of Sept this year. It is a mess. Traffic light missing everywere. Telephone polls snapped off and lieing on the ground. Roofs, signs and sheds blown everywere. BUT we are getting our lives back to normal slowly. We are cleaning up and rebuilding. It will probably be 12 to 18 months before this are the we they used to be. All we can do is plug along and take it one day at a time. My roof was destroyed from Frances. Jeanne didn't do as much damage as Frances, at least to my house. Other people North of me weren't as lucky as I was. Both storms made landfall in the same spot. About 50 miles North of were I live. I consider myself blessed compared to a lot of other people. We still have a lot of poeople without power. Luckily I have a BIG generator that can power my whole house. I have power now so don't need it at the moment. I wish everyone a speedy recovery from their losses. After I fix up my house it will be for sale. I am headed your way MXjunkie. To PA.

let me know where u decide to move too, might be close to me :macho

Florida400EX
10-02-2004, 09:47 PM

hmmmm weird, everything in my area is completely normal, except for your missing tree every here and there, were in West Palm are you?

Giz400ex
10-03-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
hmmmm weird, everything in my area is completely normal, except for your missing tree every here and there, were in West Palm are you? That is weird:huh

10-03-2004, 07:13 AM
I live at Coconut & Northlake. If you didn't see what I saw you don't get out much or travel too far from home.

10-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
let me know where u decide to move too, might be close to me :macho

What county is West Grove in?

Mxjunkie
10-03-2004, 07:29 AM
What county is West Grove in?

Chester County, 45 or so miles from philadelphia, its mainly farms all around here, 1 hour or so drive to rausch and other tracks, jobs are doin good here so far

400ex28
10-03-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm glad I don't live in florida :eek: