PDA

View Full Version : clutch gear removal?

speedy400
10-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Hey, I'm replacing my stocker clutch with a hinson basket and barnett plates and hd springs, I got it all apart, I havnt even ordered the stuff yet, but on the clutch basket it looks like the gear assembly on the back is pressed on? I didnt really try to get it out just incase, but is this assembly suppose to just slide out? or does it come with the new basket or need to be pressed out(I'm used to the banshee where I think it was screwed on...thanks-darren

Bill Fuller
10-02-2004, 03:11 PM
I think I had to drill it out when I replaced mine.It's been awhile so maybe a bump will get more info.

terko440
10-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah speedy, it's not all that hard, just drill out those three pins and you there.

speedy400
10-02-2004, 06:49 PM
so how do I replace these? would a local napa or something have these dowels? and then I have someone re-press them in?thanks for the help-darren

terko440
10-02-2004, 07:12 PM
No Darren, Your new basket will have allen head bolts that you must red loctite in. I know it might seem crazy at first to drill something out like your destroying your bike or something but it's just part of the process you'll see once you get it apart. Keep all the parts in the same order as you take it apart. Use a punch if you have one to put a mark in the center of each pin so your drill doesnt walk all over the place. And you'll only have to drill so far so you destroy the head of each pin and then you will be able to press them out with something that will fit through the holes.(screwdriver) OUT!