PDA

View Full Version : is riding a quad excerise

JR3
10-02-2004, 08:56 AM
my said today that riding a quad is not exercise i was like :huh but shes convinced that it is not and im sure it is so what do u think is riding a quad excercise

dirtmomma
10-02-2004, 09:01 AM
I HATE when people say that :( I consider it exercise maybe thats why I'm soooo out of shape :confused: you figure your out ther bouncing around using muscles all over so I agree w/ you :)

Rico
10-02-2004, 09:24 AM
tell her to Go run a 2 hour XC race nonstop and then ask her if she's wore out and if it felt like exercise...;)

Woodsrider
10-02-2004, 09:34 AM
I have a bunch of muscles that would argue that point with your mom, if they werent so sore from riding:o

Saying that riding isnt exercise, is like saying Palastinians dont throw rocks;)

remlapr
10-02-2004, 10:16 AM
My Doc asked me a couple of months ago if I get any regular exercise and I said I ride my quad and he started laughing. I told him to come riding with me sometime and see if still doesn't think it's exercise :macho

TheFontMaster
10-02-2004, 10:23 AM
riding is deffinatley exercise. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be salped.

SRH
10-02-2004, 11:21 AM
riding eh i dunno, racing definetly is tho

Hondadudeehhhh
10-02-2004, 11:33 AM
i play football and i consider myself to be in good shape. But let me tell you, my riding pants are nasty after a 3 hour ride. It's like i was riding in a hurricane or soemthing lol. Riding will def kick your *** muscle wise. Riding quads and dirt bikes are both excersises but i must say riding a quad will work up more of a sweat then a bike. BUt bikes can make you pretty strong too

roostin_dale
10-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by SRH
riding eh i dunno, racing definetly is tho

I agree...kind of...

When your riding you can just take a break when your tired, but you are still getting a work-out. Motocross you have to go balls all out for 2 motos + practice. Cross Counrty you have to ride hard and consistent for 2 hours...

Syrus
10-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
i play football and i consider myself to be in good shape. But let me tell you, my riding pants are nasty after a 3 hour ride. It's like i was riding in a hurricane or soemthing lol. Riding will def kick your *** muscle wise. Riding quads and dirt bikes are both excersises but i must say riding a quad will work up more of a sweat then a bike. BUt bikes can make you pretty strong too

Gotta disagree on that with ya, bikes are much for of a workout then quads, you move around a lot more. But dont get me wrong, u also get a hard excercise from quads, just dirtbike require more effort. I ride em both, i notice the difference easily

SRH
10-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Gotta disagree on that with ya, bikes are much for of a workout then quads, you move around a lot more. But dont get me wrong, u also get a hard excercise from quads, just dirtbike require more effort. I ride em both, i notice the difference easily

i ride both and a quad is a better work out.... i mean no offense but you had a 250ex... and a ytx125...you cant be talking abotu the same riding we are take my yfz around a sx track for 7 laps and tell me you dont mov around more

quads weigh 2 times as much almost and there just as powerful and you feel twice the bumps as long as your smooth on a bike you can reserve alot of energy plus they have better suspension and there light as hell

bikes are kinda like running or jogging quads are like lifting weights for a really long time its alot of upper body strength where as bikes is more cardio....or something like that

DangerousDean
10-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i ride both and a quad is a better work out.... i mean no offense but you had a 250ex... and a ytx125...you cant be talking abotu the same riding we are take my yfz around a sx track for 7 laps and tell me you dont mov around more

quads weigh 2 times as much almost and there just as powerful and you feel twice the bumps as long as your smooth on a bike you can reserve alot of energy plus they have better suspension and there light as hell

bikes are kinda like running or jogging quads are like lifting weights for a really long time its alot of upper body strength where as bikes is more cardio....or something like that

Meh, imo Bikes are more of a workout.
but by no means is riding a quad easy (racing i mean) when my budy first got his pred. I took him to the track and we play raced alll day... and he was surprised at how tired he was :lol: and complained about sore muscles :P

then theres mountianbiking too :)

SRH
10-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
Meh, imo Bikes are more of a workout.
but by no means is riding a quad easy (racing i mean) when my budy first got his pred. I took him to the track and we play raced alll day... and he was surprised at how tired he was :lol: and complained about sore muscles :P

then theres mountianbiking too :)

well i guess if your sloppy on a bike you do get more tired...i use to go out with a bike and just ride laps on are mx track til i was out of gas and not get tired, on the quad i can do like 5 or 10 hard laps and im beat:(

10-02-2004, 01:13 PM
to all you people who say racing a bike is harder than a quad. go to a track that races bikes and quads in the same night, without grooming it the entire night. race a quad being moto 10, after 2 practices for each class...9 motos before you..the breaking bumps are horrible an wear you out. then once your tired from that..try hitting a failry decent sized jump that has un-even dirtbike ruts...and wait till the quad throws you funny and land hard..tell me its easier than riding a bike then.

250xridamatt
10-02-2004, 01:27 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UglyMotha™
10-02-2004, 01:37 PM
anybody that says racing a bike is harder than a quad is on crack, i ride both, and my quad weights 3 times more than the bike and takes bout 3 times more the effort to throw around then the bike, yah you might have to move around more on the bike, but on a quad your constantly muscleing it where you want it to go, i usally get on the bike when i want to take a break from the quad, just cause it requires so much less effort, kinda feels like the bike isn't even there, specially getting off of the quad

Punk'd
10-02-2004, 01:42 PM
After a day of riding on my 450r I look and feel stronger so I think it is..

Tom TRX250R
10-02-2004, 01:44 PM
That is BS because whenever my buddy and I go to the track on our R's it is def. a workout. I get as much of a workout jumping and riding my R as the days I go to the gym and do squats/ bench etc. Dumb ****s on dirtbikes think that riding a quad is being lazy but I tell them to jump on my R and do the **** I do on the track. They will be worn out quick because we're throwing around more weight while jumping.

brian-250
10-02-2004, 01:47 PM
No, racin a 400ex is exercise, but not compared to racing a V-force is a pure workout.:o

Hondadudeehhhh
10-02-2004, 02:45 PM
i dont really care which one is more of a work out, quads or bike. They are both fun as hell and both require a lot of deoterant (sp), physical, and mental strength