PDA

View Full Version : Warning Ticket!

balla250ex
10-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Ok guys, need some advice here. Last night I got a "warning ticket" for doing 70 in a 55. The Trooper and I agreed that my speedometer was off and needed to be calibrated since I have slightly bigger tires on my car then what comes stock.

Anyways, I'm trying to decide whether or not to tell my parents about the ticket, b/c Dad has said numerous time if I got a ticket he would take the car. I know this is a warning ticket but I'm still not too fond of the thought of having my car taken away.

Do warning tickets show up on insurance or is there anyway they could find out if I don't tell them? I fear telling them but I also fear not telling them and it showing up a little ways down the road.

Thanks for your help fellas!

LTandRaptorider
10-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by balla250ex
Ok guys, need some advice here. Last night I got a "warning ticket" for doing 70 in a 55. The Trooper and I agreed that my speedometer was off and needed to be calibrated since I have slightly bigger tires on my car then what comes stock.

Anyways, I'm trying to decide whether or not to tell my parents about the ticket, b/c Dad has said numerous time if I got a ticket he would take the car. I know this is a warning ticket but I'm still not too fond of the thought of having my car taken away.

Do warning tickets show up on insurance or is there anyway they could find out if I don't tell them? I fear telling them but I also fear not telling them and it showing up a little ways down the road.

Thanks for your help fellas!

A warning is just that... a warning. Not a ticket, no points or fine. And best of all, nothing will come in the mail for your parents to find!

Rdhanded2
10-02-2004, 08:40 AM
I don't know about where you are from, but we have no warning tickets here. You either get a warning or a ticket. Warnings do not show up. Just don't speed and you won't have to worry about your parents.

balla250ex
10-02-2004, 08:45 AM
ok... I did'nt think so but I just needed to check and be sure before I hid the truth.

wheeltrax
10-02-2004, 08:55 AM
i think he means its like a written warning. We have those here. Its not a ticket, but its on a paper that has all the BS to fill out.

Quad18star
10-02-2004, 11:08 AM
I got a ticket 2 days after I got my driver's license when I 16 . Ticket for speeding in a hospital zone and running a red light ( yeah great first ticket ) . ANyways the cop gave me the option of taking the fine which was about $300 and lose 4 points or go down to the police station and write a test which costs $70 and I don't lose points nor does it affect my insurance . I asked him for directions to the police station . LOL :blah: I never told my dad about the ticket ..... that was 5 years ago . I did tell my mom and she never told him because she told me that she got a ticket and never told my dad ..... infact my mom lost her license and never told him . :p I now have black mail on my mom :devil:

bulkdriverlp
10-02-2004, 11:47 AM
never heard of a warning ticket but i say dont tell ur parents, especially if itl cost ya ur car.

SHOCKER
10-02-2004, 12:42 PM
dont have those down here :rolleyes: wish we did

theres good and bad ways to go about htis, either way if ya tell your parents you are at risk of getting your truck whatever ya have taken away, but if ya dont tell and it shows up down the road then ya are in deep sh1t,

i really have no clue what to do, dont tell anyone who cant keep secrets, and i guess if everyone is saying that it wont show up then dont tell them

jay's 300
10-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
A warning is just that... a warning. Not a ticket, no points or fine. And best of all, nothing will come in the mail for your parents to find!

Exactly, just thank your lucky stars he was nice about it. Be careful from now on. :D

10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
tell him...either way, you will be thankful you did later on down the road. he may ***** at you now...but you'll get the plus of him knowing your honest with him

Chino
10-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
tell him...either way, you will be thankful you did later on down the road. he may ***** at you now...but you'll get the plus of him knowing your honest with him

I totally agree, be honest with them just tell them you want to talk about something with them. Explain to them it is a warning and what not, even if they do take your car away for a little while they will know you've been honest with them, and will trust you more, than if you hide it behind there back!

2001-400ex'er
10-02-2004, 05:03 PM
I would just tell them and blame it on the bigger tires. Word usually gets around quick and they would probably find out anyways then you would be in bigger $hit

10-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
I would just tell them and blame it on the bigger tires. Word usually gets around quick and they would probably find out anyways then you would be in bigger $hit on my dodge dakota i put new tires on it..they are a tad bigger, but i tried keeping it close to stock...i know my speedo is off...i was also pulled over on the e-way doing 95 in a 65. the cop asked me if my tires were original..i said no. but we both knew that was no excuse to be doing 30 over at 4am. he wrote me a ticket for 80..so i wouldnt lose my license...i told my folks the next morning, they werent mad at all. and in his case...i doubt his bigger tires would make him do 70 thinking hes going 55. he as speeding, and he most liekly knew it...tell your folks..and get it over with. beleive me, its the long term effects you want to have here...telling them now they will know your more trustworthy, becuase you didnt have to tellk them..but you did, wich means they can trust you to tell the truth. not telling them, and them finding out a few months later on...they'll know they cant trust you, and they wont for quite some time.

jonc623
10-02-2004, 07:10 PM
i had a 97 f150 and went up one size on tires and had it checked with a cop buddy of mines radar and it was off 15 miles per hour so if i was running 55 on the speedo it was really 70

p@iNn3ck
10-02-2004, 09:43 PM
at 2500rpm
with 30" tires and 3.54:1 ring and pinion
gear ratio mph
4th 1.00 63
5th .75 84

with 35" tires and 3.54:1 ring and pinion
gear ratio mph
4th 1.00 73
5th .75 98

btw, id tell em.

balla250ex
10-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 2001-400ex'er
I would just tell them and blame it on the bigger tires. Word usually gets around quick and they would probably find out anyways then you would be in bigger $hit

I wish it was that simple. My dad works at a GM dealership, so when they put the new tires on, they calibrated the speedometer or w/e. He knows better than it's "just the tires"

I've made my decision. I'm not going to tell them.

Quad18star
10-02-2004, 10:32 PM
I wish it was that simple. My dad works at a GM dealership, so when they put the new tires on, they calibrated the speedometer or w/e. He knows better than it's "just the tires"

I've made my decision. I'm not going to tell them.

You better hope nothing comes in the mail . LOL .

LazeR
10-02-2004, 11:02 PM
I'd seriously tell them. I'm 18....and on my parents insurance....i pay it but its cheaper since im on their policy! BUT if i get a ticket then im off the policy. I technically got pulled over once in my driveway....Cop took info looked at insurance and registration, and ID of course. Told me to slow it down....NOTHING written..I didn't tell my parents....If it was written i would tell them, that and they never asked lol

My cousin was behind me, i was totally in my driveway before the cop had his lights on. So technically it wasn't me that got pulled over..... He took both of our info though :rolleyes:

Anyways, i know it kind of sounds like im contradicting myself, BUT i would tell them, or if you don't tell and they ever ask, then tell them, because at least your being honest, by not telling them your not lying unless they ask and say no! I have always been 98% honest with my parents and it has probably saved my *** from them finding out later several times which was better for me, and i think they respect me for it, and have allowed me to do more things.

10-02-2004, 11:38 PM

I've made my decision. I'm not going to tell them. you, are a damn fool if you dont. im gonna do nothing but laugh my *** off in 6 months you make a post saying "omg my parents wont let me go to a party tonite becuase they cant trust me enough and think im lien to them"

TGW_400ex
10-03-2004, 06:57 PM
I got two tickets this weekend:eek2: Im such a dummazz:grr: I dont have to pay the second one tho because it was in tresure lake and they dont report it to n e thing but there so i just can't drive there n e more i think ill live:devil:

balla250ex
10-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
I have always been 98% honest with my parents and it has probably saved my *** from them finding out later several times which was better for me, and i think they respect me for it, and have allowed me to do more things.

I'm alway honest with my parents also... WELL at least most of the time unless it's a situation like this. So hey, I can have my 2% of being dishonest too, right?

Ralph
10-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I got two tickets this weekend:eek2: Im such a dummazz:grr: I dont have to pay the second one tho because it was in tresure lake and they dont report it to n e thing but there so i just can't drive there n e more i think ill live:devil:

i know a kid who was banned for driving in the state of PA for 6 months after a high speed carchase in the snow....:blah:

10-03-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm alway honest with my parents also... WELL at least most of the time unless it's a situation like this. So hey, I can have my 2% of being dishonest too, right? only thing is..that 2% will cost you a lot.

I-7
10-03-2004, 07:37 PM
My advise is to tell them. I dont understand how angry they can get if you just got a warning for doing 70 in a 55. As some other people have already said... being honest will usually help you out in the long run ;) .

LazeR
10-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by I-7
My advise is to tell them. I dont understand how angry they can get if you just got a warning for doing 70 in a 55. As some other people have already said... being honest will usually help you out in the long run ;) .

I couldn't agree more.

BlazingYamahaYz
10-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I got a ticket 2 days after I got my driver's license when I 16 . Ticket for speeding in a hospital zone and running a red light ( yeah great first ticket ) . ANyways the cop gave me the option of taking the fine which was about $300 and lose 4 points or go down to the police station and write a test which costs $70 and I don't lose points nor does it affect my insurance . I asked him for directions to the police station . LOL :blah: I never told my dad about the ticket ..... that was 5 years ago . I did tell my mom and she never told him because she told me that she got a ticket and never told my dad ..... infact my mom lost her license and never told him . :p I now have black mail on my mom :devil:

dont think it tops yours but, less than 3 weeks after getting my license, got hit with an 84.55 in a 55...and he claims that i cut him off too....cop didnt explain anything and i think im getting court supervision...never said anything about traffic school...and i came home, told my parents my mom said "IM GLAD YOU GOT A TICKET!!!":huh and my dad just laughed and said enjoy paying the fine...

Quad18star
10-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
dont think it tops yours but, less than 3 weeks after getting my license, got hit with an 84.55 in a 55...and he claims that i cut him off too....cop didnt explain anything and i think im getting court supervision...never said anything about traffic school...and i came home, told my parents my mom said "IM GLAD YOU GOT A TICKET!!!":huh and my dad just laughed and said enjoy paying the fine... I argued with the cop , that the light was yellow and that even the 3 cars behind me went through . My first mistake was looking at the cop as soon as I went through the light ... I looked at him straight in the face , and I knew i was busted . He did have grounds to give me the ticket on the speeding in a hospital zone though .

I've been lucky enough with cops though . Last summer , I was comming back from the cottage with my now ex-girlfriend , and I seen a car off in the distance comming towards me . I didn't think anythign about it and I was doing 120 KM/H in an 80 KM/H stretch of highway . As the car started getting closer I realized it was a cop and tried slowing down a bit .... as he passed me , he threw his lights on ... and me being the dummy that I am , pulled over right away , before he had even turned around . If i'd have kept going he probably would have turned his lights off and kept going straight . Anyways , he walked up to my window and asked why the rush , and took my papers . He said thanks for pulling over right away and went back to his car . Oh he also asked if i had ever been arrested or had warrants :confused: . So I figured I was off the hook with a warning because I pulled over and never gave him a hard time .... WRONG . He came back and gave me a $130 fine but he dropped the speeds to 95KM/H so I wouldn't lose points . It's the LAST time I ever pull over when the cop is going the opposite direction ... I'll pull over only when he's behind me from now on . Didn't affect my insuarnce this time either ... so I was lucky . :blah: I told my dad about this ticket though and he just laughed and told me I'd have to work an extra shift at work to pay for it . It was a long ride home following the speed limit the rest of the way.

MY450R
10-04-2004, 07:52 AM
IVE LOST MY LIcense 5 times for speeding and let me tell you...
it gets to be very expensive to insure myself

PHAT400
10-04-2004, 11:52 AM
If you have'nt been lying or hiding thing's from your parent's thus far, why start now.. I hate it when people lie to me... Would you like it if someone lied to you...

Your parent's are trying to keep you alive bro-ham...

Slow it down a bit unless your on the track...

Wait until you have kid's and one of them lies to you, I bet it'll burn your ***..

balla250ex
10-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
If you have'nt been lying or hiding thing's from your parent's thus far, why start now.. I hate it when people lie to me... Would you like it if someone lied to you...

Your parent's are trying to keep you alive bro-ham...

Slow it down a bit unless your on the track...

Wait until you have kid's and one of them lies to you, I bet it'll burn your ***..

I bet. BUT, I'm expecting my kids to lie to me. Now when I say I've been honest... I have'nt been COMPLETELY honest. However I do tell them most things.

You do have a point though.

PHAT400
10-05-2004, 05:34 PM
I bet. BUT, I'm expecting my kids to lie to me. Now when I say I've been honest... I have'nt been COMPLETELY honest. However I do tell them most things.

You do have a point though.

I think you know what to do... You'll make the decision that is right for you..

FourFiftyFour
10-05-2004, 06:31 PM
i got a warning ticket for my system being too loud in my truck, i never told my parents and they never found out, i didnt lie to them or anything and i wasnt really doing anything wrong....i dont see any reason to tell them bc they dont have to worry about the insurance or anything........ i wouldnt dig myself my own grave.......just get your speedo adjusted and then u shouldnt have to worry about anything

oh yeah i have those parents that are so strict that they wanted to send me to military school when i was little just bc i didnt want to play basketball in 8th grade, i hid a lot of things from my parents bc they wouldnt let me have a life at all unless i was in church every single time the doors opened :rolleyes: i didnt turn out to be a bad person, i dont smoke or do drugs or anything, and im goin to college, ive never been in jail, never in big trouble.... so i dont think hiding things is necessarily a bad thing, i havent become an awful person from it