PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to get over someone

kawasaki_ridah
10-01-2004, 11:50 PM
me and my gf just broke up and i loved her alot, whats the best ways to forget about her?

Dan_Guetter
10-01-2004, 11:59 PM
The first 3 months are very hard.......start talkin to other chicks, party......something to get your mind away from her then eventually you'll forget about her

Also

Ride man, that took my head away from all the BS

440exnacsracer
10-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Ride man,

well said....go to new riding areas too, anything but the same old stuff

hot450girl
10-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Well this may sound girly, but it helps to write things down! Seriously, you don't have to tell anyone and go ahead and make fun of me...hehe.....also go out and meet new people. Talking with new people and being able to relate to someone that is in the same situation helps! Just don't think about it....haha..I am still single and I am doing just fine! Everyone has a soul mate, maybe you just haven't found yours yet! You will though :)

allmixedup047
10-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by hot450girl
Well this may sound girly, but it helps to write things down! Seriously, you don't have to tell anyone and go ahead and make fun of me...hehe.....also go out and meet new people. Talking with new people and being able to relate to someone that is in the same situation helps! Just don't think about it....haha..I am still single and I am doing just fine! Everyone has a soul mate, maybe you just haven't found yours yet! You will though :)

it may sound girly but its true, i did it after a heavy 9 month relationship. it does help, and just hang out with your best friends, they are the best way to help you out.

sickmojave
10-02-2004, 04:57 AM
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/6121/drink1.gifhttp://img37.exs.cx/img37/4885/gulp.gif:devil:

DEAL
10-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/6121/drink1.gifhttp://img37.exs.cx/img37/4885/gulp.gif:devil:

What he said.

sam the brave
10-02-2004, 07:29 AM
ride all u can it frees ure mind

Hondadudeehhhh
10-02-2004, 07:46 AM
ride... ride.... and talk to other chicks a lot. It makes you realize what a ***** she was. Thats how i felt

bulkdriverlp
10-02-2004, 08:18 AM
go to party talk to other chicks tell em ur story maybe youll get a sympthy bang out of it.lol

LTandRaptorider
10-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Yep, moving on to another can help... sympathy bang is always good... but never, I mean NEVER, write stuff down! It could be found and used against you later for many hours of ball-breaking fun for your buddies! :p Keep your innermost thoughts trapped in your head, where they can be erased from time to time with a few beers... ;)

exrider360
10-02-2004, 08:39 AM
ty not to think about her thats a big thing if you do you will drive your self nuts like everyone said kepe yoru slef busy party ride your quad all sorts of stuff

01TRX300EX
10-02-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm in the same boat, we went out for a year and a half , and she up and decided it wasn't working anymore (of course 2 weeks later she's got 5 hickies on her neck from another guy). Its definately hard, still hard now, it's only been about a month. Like they said, ride, hang out with friends, start talking to more girls, the best solutions I've found so far, mostly riding, just don't ride when your pissed off, not good for you or the quad in the end, :p
Oh and, all that money you may have spent on her, now you can put it to better use (i.e. my truck is loving this time right now)

balla250ex
10-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Well, if it's that serious of a relationship I believe "trying not to think about her" is out of the question, b/c that's all you can and all you will do. Riding is a good idea.... but my favorite is just to listen to music and think about it as much as possible by myself. The more you DON'T think about it the longer it's going to hurt you, where as if you think about it all the time it will soon get out of your head. Not thinking about it is procrastinating.

Also, I would drink a little bit just to lighten you up a bit. Go to a few party's, but I would'nt necessarily try to hook up with anyone b/c you'll be rambling on about your ex and not showing her any attention and I believe that will go nowhere.

but Hey, what do I know?

10-02-2004, 09:35 AM
the girl im talking to now wont shut up about her last b/f that she dated for 9 months...her first love or whatever..anyways, what I would do after a break up like that is get into a sport & play....sports get my mind off EVERYTHING when im on the field or ice & its a really good feeling

MOFO
10-02-2004, 09:37 AM
the best way to get over someone?

go hit the bottle and find yourself a nice "friend" for the night... :devil:

Pappy
10-02-2004, 10:43 AM
lil advice....

realize you werent compatible and be glad it ended before you got so involved you ended up hating her over the break up.

remember all the good times you had with her and forget the bad. life is way to short to let the bad memories of the past affect your future!

Quad18star
10-02-2004, 10:55 AM
I was in your shoes over a year ago . Me and my ex were together for a few years . The best way I found to get over her , was to just go out and have fun . Enjoy being single . Hang out with your buddies , you'll most likely realize you didn't hang out with them as much when you were dating . Go to parties , meet new people . I can HONESTLY say , this past year that I've been single , has been the best time I've had in the last 10 years . Flings and one night stands might help also ... just remember , there's girls out there that are going through the same thing . Like others have said , riding may help take your mind off things . I know when I go riding , it takes my mind of everything from women to work and any other kind of things that might be going on .

TCracin440ex
10-02-2004, 11:04 AM
the memories only start to f- with you when your alone...like i kno when your in a croud of people and doing your thing, she will be the last thing on your mind...but when you come home that night is when the memories will start pouring on...best advice i can give is ride it off...

i really dont like to ride when im upset like that because i give the poor quad hell for hours...going thru trails 5th gear pinned, climbing hills, ripping it up...

partying aint the answer tho...ull never find your answers in a bottom of a bottle or at the lit end of a joint...

LTandRaptorider
10-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
partying aint the answer tho...ull never find your answers in a bottom of a bottle or at the lit end of a joint...

dammit, you're right... :(

yet I keep looking... :rolleyes:

UglyMotha™
10-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex

what makes you think you have to drink to party, i partying it up all the time with a mountian dew in hand, i never drink but i hit alot of partys, and yes partying is one of the best things do to, because you get to meet people and socialize

quad18star hit it on the nail, i dated a chick for bout 3 years and marriage was right around the corner but all went south bout a year ago, but i have to admit this past summer i have had more fun than i have had in a long time, all i do is have fun with my buds, ride virtually everyday always doing somthing, not to mention you got more money in your pocket, i'm diggin the single life at the moment, but i'll admit i do get teary eyed everynow and then when i think about how it used to be, but it's the past now, and i'm living for now, not then

86350x
10-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Nudy bar, and go have sex with someone else.

kawasaki_ridah
10-02-2004, 07:24 PM
i cant stand it when i see her, last night i went to a party and she was there, she stayed around me most of the time but she did dance with some other guys and it pissed me off so bad. i didnt let it show tho, then i see her get on the internet and she dont send a messege or anything. i talked to her about all this shi* and she said she wants to be friends now lol im sitting here like wtf she came on to me now she is leaving. this dont make sense haha what do you guys do when you see your exs??

theTman
10-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
what do you guys do when you see your exs??

i wish i never dumped em....haha

Quad18star
10-02-2004, 07:40 PM
i cant stand it when i see her, last night i went to a party and she was there, she stayed around me most of the time but she did dance with some other guys and it pissed me off so bad. i didnt let it show tho, then i see her get on the internet and she dont send a messege or anything. i talked to her about all this shi* and she said she wants to be friends now lol im sitting here like wtf she came on to me now she is leaving. this dont make sense haha what do you guys do when you see your exs??

My ex told me the same thing over a year ago .... she needed her space and just wanted to be friends .... a week later I found out she was out banging some other dude . I was pissed , but what can you do right. Just go out and have fun man ......party it up .... meet new girls ... just go and have fun . I didn't speak with my Ex for about 4 months cuz everytime we'd talk , it would end up in a fight and I told myself I didn't need that kind of crap . After those 4 months , things started to settle down for me , and me and her finally started talking . Now we are still really good friends and she talks to me about problems shes having with guys and I'll talk to her about girls and crap . It's hard to break a relationship , but trust me , you don't want to lose a friendship either .

You'll have learned things out of this relationship , that you'll be able to apply to another relationship . May seem like the end of the world , but it aint . Like Ive said before .... the last year that i've been single has been the best time of my life . I spent my whole teenage years wrapped up in relationships , while I watched my single friends go otu and have fun .... now it's my turn . I enjoy the fact that I can go out to a party or the bar or anywhere for that matter and if I see a chick I'm interested in , I can give it my best shot . Had my share of flings in the last year ... some better than others .

Here's a picture of 3 chicks I met while down at a party this past summer .... If I'd have been in a relationship , this couldn't have happened .... but I was single and these lovely ladies needed a place to sleep that night .... so be being the nice guy and having a whole bed to myself , graciously invited them to stay the night and sleep over . :blah: :devil: What a night it was . :devil: :devil:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pad48331d3b97729fc67b0b48f24fe9ea/f6ffb1c3.jpg

HONDA_RIDER250
10-02-2004, 08:58 PM
So, you get something from all 3 of those girls?

Kennethyfz450
10-02-2004, 09:17 PM
I don't know what the problem is. if you really love her, i wouldnt let her go very easy. prove it to her that you love her.

dont let stupid stuff get in your way.. dont you know those people just to marry someone just so they have someone ,and they are always takling about my first love was soos oos blah.... they regret every loosing each other and most of the time they still are in love .. ..

so if i was you and you truly love her figure out a way to keep each other happy .. and try to keep the anger down..

Quad18star
10-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by HONDA_RIDER250
So, you get something from all 3 of those girls?

Maybe :blah: :devil:

Rootar
10-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
My ex told me the same thing over a year ago .... she needed her space and just wanted to be friends .... a week later I found out she was out banging some other dude . I was pissed , but what can you do right. Just go out and have fun man ......party it up .... meet new girls ... just go and have fun . I didn't speak with my Ex for about 4 months cuz everytime we'd talk , it would end up in a fight and I told myself I didn't need that kind of crap . After those 4 months , things started to settle down for me , and me and her finally started talking . Now we are still really good friends and she talks to me about problems shes having with guys and I'll talk to her about girls and crap . It's hard to break a relationship , but trust me , you don't want to lose a friendship either .

You'll have learned things out of this relationship , that you'll be able to apply to another relationship . May seem like the end of the world , but it aint . Like Ive said before .... the last year that i've been single has been the best time of my life . I spent my whole teenage years wrapped up in relationships , while I watched my single friends go otu and have fun .... now it's my turn . I enjoy the fact that I can go out to a party or the bar or anywhere for that matter and if I see a chick I'm interested in , I can give it my best shot . Had my share of flings in the last year ... some better than others .

Here's a picture of 3 chicks I met while down at a party this past summer .... If I'd have been in a relationship , this couldn't have happened .... but I was single and these lovely ladies needed a place to sleep that night .... so be being the nice guy and having a whole bed to myself , graciously invited them to stay the night and sleep over . :blah: :devil: What a night it was . :devil: :devil:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pad48331d3b97729fc67b0b48f24fe9ea/f6ffb1c3.jpg

lucky and lucky and lucky :( i never got more than 2 to be with me

Quad18star
10-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
lucky and lucky and lucky :( i never got more than 2 to be with me Offer them a drink and play it smooth .... it all pays off in the end . Also you can't be shy . Those were the 3 girls that slept over that night .... hell during the day me and my buddy were standing in front of our cabin yelling at girls to come party .... this was during wakestock and there was about 5000 people just laying around on the beach in front of our cabin ....we got a lot of F You's , Lotta titty flashing and our fair share of ladies that came and partied with us during the day . 4 days of straight partying .... and I got maybe 5 hours of sleep those 4 days .... wasted at 9 am ... hell I never sobbered up for 4 days . At the end of the weekend my voice was shot from yelling .

Here's a pic of me and one of the girls ... we were both smashed and I don't remember taking this picture . Ah well good times :devil:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p663f22d32d6db9690909fe1e1b7e4fcd/f6ffb1c2.jpg

My buddy , one of the girls , me and another one of the girls ... the third one ( hottest) was laying down behind my buddy .... look at my friends face .... shows you how hammered we were ....Can't wait to do it again next year . :cool:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p033478a6e5a413d85bfc7de580ba1fc4/f6ffb1c1.jpg

LazeR
10-02-2004, 10:52 PM
The best way in my opinion is to RIDE! When i ride, i forget about everything. The only thing that matters to me is riding while im riding, where im going to next, what trail im gonna hit, what hill im gonna climb... I think the reason im like that is because i love it so much! If i had my choice i would eat drink and sleep on my quad! muhahaha

K_Fulk
10-02-2004, 10:58 PM
me and my gf just broke up and i loved her alot, whats the best ways to forget about her?

Do her best friend. :macho

Quad18star
10-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk

Now that's revenge . LOL I've seen many friendships end because of that happening . One of my friends was dating a girl for a few months , he dumped her and she went and screwed one of his friends .... she was on a revenge rampage . The two guys got broken nose and black eyes . I wouldn't suggest it , but I certainly wouldn't keep it out of concideration . Use it as a last resort when she REALLY pisses you off.

LazeR
10-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Use it as a last resort when she REALLY pisses you off.

That's just evil!

K_Fulk
10-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
That's just evil!

lmao
Hate the game not the player. :devil:

Honestly, don't listen to my advice. I just like chit getting stirred.
Even though it would help you forget about her.

LazeR
10-02-2004, 11:16 PM
lmao
Hate the game not the player. :devil:

Honestly, don't listen to my advice. I just like chit getting stirred.
Even though it would help you forget about her.

Haha, I don't hate, or get mad...I get even ;) It's the best way! Stirring chit up can be fun too :devil: and your prolly right it would help him get over her but meh, i don't think i could do it....I guess im weak, until it comes to riding :macho

kawasaki_ridah
10-03-2004, 01:21 AM
geeeeeeeeeeez she just got on the internet hammered and was cussing me and stuff just joking, and i was being smart as*ed back and she kept saying dumb stuff like she has sex with kebbler elfs and stuff i said stuff like okay. then she was like well later. so i dont know wtf is going on

Stevie-D
10-03-2004, 08:29 AM
around here there are a lot of girls that ride quads..farm girls (im a lucky mofo:devil: )
i've found that besides getting hammered for the night, riding with a bunch of ladies really cheers me up:D

Tommy 17
10-03-2004, 10:31 AM
after my last g.f. bud light bottles became my best friend:huh sad part was i dumped her haha:o

beak7707
10-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Drink, Ride, Find a new chick, but dont get into anything serious for awhile. Once the sting is gone youll learn to love the single life!!

quadchick3
10-03-2004, 12:26 PM
I just recently broke up with my boyfriend of like 6 1/2 months. We planned to be friends and all that afterwords because there was still 'some love' left over. but then he called me like 3 days later and said he screwed 6 girls since then (which i dont think is possible....) but since then i lost all my respect for him.

I tried to go out and 'ride it off' but that didnt solve anything for me. So now i'll just sit in my room, crank my stereo to something hard like hed pe and just think about it all. It's been workin so far.

Tommy 17
10-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
but then he called me like 3 days later and said he screwed 6 girls since then (which i dont think is possible....)

he probably screwed 1 girl that was the size of 6 girls and counted every 120lbs for 1 girl;)

roostin_dale
10-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
he probably screwed 1 girl that was the size of 6 girls and counted every 120lbs for 1 girl;)

lmfao, that was great:blah:

hondarider2006
10-03-2004, 01:24 PM
I am also in the same boat man...me and my gf were togeather for almost 2 years, and I ended it the other week...due to a couple of things. I am glad that I did, but than again I don't. I would suggest getting a job, and do lots of riding. Work on the quad or your truck, or whatever you have. Just do somthing you really enjoy and will keep your mind off of her. Its gonna be hard, but be strong bro, things will work out for the best.

hondarider2006
10-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by theTman
i wish i never dumped em....haha

yeah same here...its hard not to want them back. Be stong and stay single:macho

LTandRaptorider
10-03-2004, 02:45 PM
geeeeeeeeeeez she just got on the internet hammered and was cussing me and stuff just joking, and i was being smart as*ed back and she kept saying dumb stuff like she has sex with kebbler elfs and stuff i said stuff like okay. then she was like well later. so i dont know wtf is going on

:eek2: :eek2:

She had sex with Keebler's elves??? Are they real? :confused:

Wondered why they just came out with a cookie with a creamy filling! :eek: :p

quadvirgin27
10-03-2004, 02:45 PM
I feel for ya man...... I do believe me.... i am in your situation right now too, cept my guy doesn't even know how I feel....... it's hard caring for someone so much and not being able to show it. I'd do anything for this guy, including (and having done) driving 4 1/2 hours one way, to stay for 5-6 hours, then driving back home, staying up or getting up at 3-4 am just to talk on the net, while having to get up and go to work on 3 hours sleep. I listen to his girl problems, AND try to help him solve them, sure I could be a witch and totally screw things up, but I want him to be happy, soo.. I do what I can... :rolleyes: Call me a sucker.... The way I've been dealing with it all is to hang out with other guys, it takes the pain away a bit, sure, but it doesn't cure everything.... My advice, is do whatever it takes to feel better and lessen the pain.... to an extent, don't do anything, (or anyone) stupid:D

blondie69
10-03-2004, 02:52 PM

3 words

Lube....Porno....Hand

Lol jk.

Anyways, It's tough getting over people, especially if you really really cared for them. You just have to look @ it sometimes like it was for the best, and you never know what could happen again in the future. But if you don't wanna get back with her...ever, then just try n think of what a bytch she was or think of all the cons of her...then u'll never wanna see her again :p But if u don't want to do that....then just go hang out with some friends, meet new ppls (don't have to be gurls nescessilarly, just people). I find you always find the best people when you aren't even looking. Cuz that happened to me, I broke up w/ my bf, didn't want one, and then I started work n met this really kool guy (who is alot of things I like...) But in the end...I ended goin back with my bf again.

LTandRaptorider
10-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
3 words

Lube....Porno....Hand

Lol jk.

That gets a little old after awhile... or so I'm told! :o :p

blondie69
10-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
That gets a little old after awhile... or so I'm told! :o :p

Well that's when you start to liven things up a lil, call in a stripper or two. You can make anything that starts to get boring, interesting again by making slight adjustments:p

LTandRaptorider
10-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
Well that's when you start to liven things up a lil, call in a stripper or two. You can make anything that starts to get boring, interesting again by making slight adjustments:p

or, using the other hand... if your ambidextrious... :p

hondarider2006
10-03-2004, 05:46 PM

I wouldn't recommend doing that....I did that to my best friends gf, yeah things didn't end up to well. Good part is, he forgave me and we are still best friends. I will never do that again:o

kawasaki_ridah
10-03-2004, 08:14 PM
its funny you guys said something about doing her best friend cause today her best friend said if you stop thinking about her we can have sex and forget about it all. i said i couldnt stop thinking about and her best friend told me i should leave her a voice messege if i wanted to get her back and i did lol i wrote it down first tho lmao but here is what i said on her voice mail- I hate not being acknowledged by you like I used to be..not to sound cliche but it makes me feel worthless..The first thing that came to mind when I met you was that I may like you, it kind of scared me because i didn't know how you would react..now I know, you don't return the same feelings..and it's obvious I can't make you either.. I use to have a empty spot until, but when i was with you it was filled..I just wanted you to know i'll always be willing to take a chance with you and for you..

something around that more or less

I-7
10-03-2004, 08:19 PM
I hope it didnt sound like you were reading it from a piece of paper :blah: . Anyways good luck ;)

SGA
10-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Not much you can do about it, only time will erase the hurt.
Dont feel alone man, we older guys have all been there.

allmixedup047
10-03-2004, 09:17 PM
its funny you guys said something about doing her best friend cause today her best friend said if you stop thinking about her we can have sex and forget about it all. i said i couldnt stop thinking about and her best friend told me i should leave her a voice messege if i wanted to get her back and i did lol i wrote it down first tho lmao but here is what i said on her voice mail- I hate not being acknowledged by you like I used to be..not to sound cliche but it makes me feel worthless..The first thing that came to mind when I met you was that I may like you, it kind of scared me because i didn't know how you would react..now I know, you don't return the same feelings..and it's obvious I can't make you either.. I use to have a empty spot until, but when i was with you it was filled..I just wanted you to know i'll always be willing to take a chance with you and for you..

something around that more or less

wow, you really do like this girl, but if it doesnt work out with her, is her friend hot?:blah:

86350x
10-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
:eek2: :eek2:

She had sex with Keebler's elves??? Are they real? :confused:

Wondered why they just came out with a cookie with a creamy filling! :eek: :p

If your ever in michigan, stop at shooters and do some stand up comedy.

lol!

BlazingYamahaYz
10-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lil advice....

realize you werent compatible and be glad it ended before you got so involved you ended up hating her over the break up.

remember all the good times you had with her and forget the bad. life is way to short to let the bad memories of the past affect your future!

good words man :) i dont know why people always focus on the bad, but you gotta remember the good and go have some fun...i always find cruising around listening to some good music in my car helps me to forget everything....even if it is for the short car ride....do whatever makes you feel better...

dunnonuttin
10-05-2004, 12:14 PM
hire a hitman?:confused: :huh
think of it this way. God would not have let you 2 break up if he knew you wouldnt have gotten over her

toby400ex
10-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Just ****ing hate them, every thing about them. Works quite well actually.:huh :o

dunnonuttin
10-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Just ****ing hate them, every thing about them. Works quite well actually.:huh :o i say jus hire a hitman:p

MXER017
10-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Ok here's my take on things i was with the same girl for almost seven years we split up then i started partying ALOT ended up with one of my best friends ex girls (they just broke up) that lasted about 3 weeks before things just got weird so i started partying ALOT again then i got my second dui and am now waiting for the local jail to empty alittle so i can do my 6 months sentence. So if youve gathered anything from this doing friends girls or girls bestfriends and partying are not the way to go but you have got to get out and meet new people also i would suggest the same as everyone RIDE I wish i would have done that instead of party thats for sure cause now im not even going to be around during the holidays to be with my family.

JUSTINcredible
10-05-2004, 04:47 PM
party all you want... just dont be dumb and drive if your drinking...

PHAT400
10-05-2004, 05:06 PM

This may help...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125966

kawasaki_ridah
10-05-2004, 08:18 PM
WOW!! lol thats nutz

Bretmd94
10-05-2004, 09:15 PM

mephyst
10-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Me and my gf just broke up too. We had a pretty good relationship, just about the week before we broke up or "she decided we needed time apart" she just started acting like a total *****. Everything she said was just.... mean? I found out she cheated on me the weekend before and I honestly took it pretty hard. Even though I didn't show it physically it ran through my head for about a week. It made me sick to my stomach, I couldn't eat for a few days and I wasn't even hungry. It's only been about a month now, but I was over it after that first hell week. Everytime I was alone... before bed at night, driving my car, hell even in the shower it's all I could think about. As long as I had anyone with me everything was cool, but once I was alone it hit me. I have moved on after that week and still think of it a few times a day, but don't take it too hard. I still see her around at school and I can just tell she feels like **** when I just hold my chin up high and stair in her eyes as she walks by. I can see the guilt in her eyes and can tell that she is unhappy. Don't worry, time will take care of it but just being with anyone sure helps.