PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex accelerator pump issue

bigcountry
10-01-2004, 07:19 PM
ok heres the prob. when i jab the gas at a kinda low rpm it feels like the accelrator pump is throwing to much fuel in and it just stumbles a little bit before it catches back up and takes off.

is there a way to adjust it or is it all in the jetting?

nosliw
10-01-2004, 07:28 PM
just a suggestion but mine does that when it's either too cold or ive left the choke on. :D

but if those arent the conditions than idk :confused:

bigcountry
10-01-2004, 08:09 PM
i think it might just be that the needle is in the wrong groove because it is just in the mid range that the power drops off

440exnacsracer
10-01-2004, 10:59 PM
did you add any mods, change jetting? or did it just start happening?

cals400ex
10-02-2004, 01:22 AM
what mods do you have done to the bike? what jetting? what temperature you ride in? what elevation you at? stock or aftermarket carb?

bigcountry
10-02-2004, 07:24 PM
i think i have the prob figured out. the guy that had it before me took the carb apart and cleaned it and when he put it back together he didnt put the pilot adjuster screw in right

its been happening the whole time but i just now decided to fix it because i was going to go riding with some friends on a track, and it gets on my nerves more every time i ride it, it is only in a small spot between the bottom to mid range
by the way it is 100% stock

by the way i saw a 416ex with everthing but an after market cam and carb hang right within 2 lengths of a stock yfz