Has anyone ridin or purchase a new ATK? If so can you give me your opinon on:

1-Handling
2-Power
3-Suspension
4-Stong points
5-Weak points.

bradley300
10-02-2004, 02:44 AM
well, there just like the c-dales only faster and more reliable.

handleing- never heard anyone complain about how thay handle, heard lots of good stuff tho

power- fastest 450 out, the blaze / vr map is prolly the smoothest power of the 450's as well

suspension- rides like a caddy, the race models have the best shocks of the 450's

strong points-basicly everything, power, suspension, handleing is all geeat

weak points- not a bunch of dealers and comfort, not much middle ground here, either people love it, or the love the motor but say the never felt rite sitting on it.

overall, i think its the best 450 out and worth every penny

cdrookie
10-02-2004, 07:19 AM
they changed out the 5th gear, thus closing up the gear ratio's. they are about 5 mph slower than the original cannondales. i don't think there's enough of them out there to say anything about reliability yet and, like alot of ATK's, there is different options as far as suspension and aftermarket accessories.

roostin_dale
10-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by CJ400EX
Has anyone ridin or purchase a new ATK? If so can you give me your opinon on:

1-Handling
2-Power
3-Suspension
4-Stong points
5-Weak points.

Handling- Amazing. They handle GREAt, expecially with some aftermarket arms

Power- Power is just as good or better than any other 450's out.

Suspension- They have the best stock suspension on the market.

Strong Points- The low end pull from the fuel injection is awesome. Then all around power, it just keeps pulling. The handling is also a strong point.

Weak Points- The seat is hard is the worst thing, haha. Other than that the only thing is the motor is jammed in there tight and hard to get to, but thats really no big deal.

and like Bradley said, there arent many dealers/mechanics around for them...

cdrookie
10-02-2004, 07:32 AM
ATK is currently looking for dealers...Frank White said you'd recieve $2000 off the price or $1000 in parts credit if you can get a dealer to carry ATK's.

my03-400ex
10-02-2004, 10:40 AM
i like the sound of that :D :macho

CJ400EX
10-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the replies!!

I am keeping all my Honda's but looking for a new toy!
What kinda bothers me is that they are asking a lot of money for a quad that needs to reprove itself. I could be wrong but that is what it seems to me. Feel free to correct me! I am not a sensitive person.

I am 6' 2" and wondering if I would have to raise the handle bar up a little for comfort. Is there a company that make after market steering stem for them.

I am looking to get either the MX or the OR. I do a lot of dune riding, but like to spend time on the track. I do not race I just like playing ALLOT. I am just a little torn between the two. They both will work for what I like to do.

I Jeff from the quad shop tall?

This is what America is all about helping each other.
Again that for your input!

cdrookie
10-02-2004, 04:33 PM
i'm 6'2" also and my dale is fine for me, i use raptor bend tag x5's. houser makes +1 stems.

i race xc and the only thing that really bothers me is that i can't hang off the quad much for agressive cornering. i always end up sitting on the rear fenders, where as on a 400ex or 250r you can just about sit on the footpeg!

you might want to check out www.cannondaleriders.com

CJ400EX
10-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks cdrookie!
What year & model of dale do you have?

CJ400EX
10-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Does ATK still put on the American Flag sticker kit?

cdrookie
10-02-2004, 04:45 PM
i have an 03 cannibal, atk isn't doing the stars and stripes as far as i know, might ask jeff stoess if they are available. haydug cycles has a special on cannondales with atk modded engines over on cannondaleriders if the msrp on the atk's are out of reach.

roostin_dale
10-02-2004, 04:47 PM
As for your handlebar question. I am also 6'2, I had a standard length houser stem and Tag CR high bend bars, they felt perfect...

CJ400EX
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Your not kidding on the msrp.
I will get in touch with Jeff & see.
cdroolie do you know where I can get real pic of the new ATK's. I am on dale's forum right now looking for some.

cdrookie
10-02-2004, 06:25 PM
www.atkusa.com, there might be one or two on cannondaler or cannondaleriders but i can't think of any off hand. might try the quad shop also.

bradley300
10-04-2004, 02:05 AM
houser makes all the chassis parts for c-dales. i think jeff@tqs is about 6-1 or so and uses the stock stem and stock cr high bend bars

the atks are red plastic with red and black checker graphics, similar to the tqs race team graphics

kjquadracer
10-04-2004, 02:13 AM
heres one of mine for sale

CJ400EX
10-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks for all your input.

kjquadracer- where is the pic's & how much? Has there been any updates done on the dale?

kjquadracer
10-04-2004, 07:23 PM
send me an email and ill send u some pics. yes its updated. stoutt@charter.net