PDA

View Full Version : Ice racing coverage?

iceracer65
10-01-2004, 10:01 AM
wondering if anyone would be interested in this. we start racing in jan. CWIRA has been an iceracing body for 25 years, has 27 classes of bikes and atvs from little kids all the way to open pro and vet classes. did I mention three wheelers? if I get a good response i will do a weekly update with pics and captions.

Quad18star
10-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Do it .... it would be great to see a different type of racing ....I wish we had an ice racing circuit in my area .... I need to travel a good 8+ hours for any type of real good ice racing . Quebec has a VERY strong circuit . In my area they only hold one or two a year.

stiffy
10-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Ice racing sounds like soo much fun I wish they had it around SLC

hondarider2006
10-01-2004, 05:41 PM
This year I will be doing it...if I remember I will take some pics. Nothing crazy, just a couple of guys coming out and racing around a huge lake with a plowed track, but still fun;)

p@iNn3ck
10-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Definitely do it! Where at in WI do yall race?

fastmofo
10-01-2004, 07:31 PM
im ice racing this year as well, were in wisconsin are you? im in cloquet minnesota, right by duluth. you racing Barkers Island this year?

dirtmomma
10-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Heck YEAH!!!! That would be cool if you got some pics/placings ect. :) Especially the womens class ;)

2001-400ex'er
10-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Sounds awesome. What lakes/rivers do you race on? I would definetly wanna come and watch some time.

iceracer65
10-01-2004, 10:41 PM
We do a whole schedule, grand national points and everything. It's usually 8 or 9 races through out the state, but mostly central and north central wisconsin. The big daddy is the state championships in dextorville, which is about the center of the state. We used to race in winona mn right on the mississippi river for the winter carnival over there. Also we may race on a 1/2 mile banked oval stockcar track that they flood...that usually produces the big top end numbers...bikes approching 90mph, quads 80 to 85, and the open nonstudded three wheelers were clocked at over 70!!

Glad I got a good respose, and I'll keep you posted

Knips178
12-23-2004, 01:56 PM
i'm just trying ice racing for the first time this year. I'm racing on Lake wisconsin in the "swira" series. i think it stands for southern wisconsin ice racing association. The only problem is my quad is 1)setup for mx and 2)in pieces right now for the winter rebuild. I should have it back together in about 3 weeks.

I'm going to run the unstudded class first and see if i can score some studded tires cheap while i'm out at the race. But, I run a 330R so i have to run with the big boys the first time out. :devil:

i'm still looking for cheap easy ways to transform my mx quad into an ice quad without doing anything to outlandish so I can change it back easily in the spring.

I plan on removing the spacers in my axle to shorten it. plus i have LT Elkas, so i'm going to use the zps to drop the quad to the ground and up the compression to offset the fact i don't have a sway bar. any other help would be greatly appreciated.