PDA

View Full Version : short sleves at gncc

bradley300
10-01-2004, 08:43 AM
is there a rule against racingwith short sleeves? i have had several friends stopped and told they wont be scored the next lap unless they put on long sleeves but then i noticed this pic, the guy on the blaster wheres short sleeves every race. not picking on him, just usuing him as an example. so whats the deal, are they allowed or not?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1265368#post1265368

Rico
10-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Yeah it's a big crock of chit I think. I've been stopped and told the same. Heck Jason Raines from the Bike class has done it too.

I guess a slip of $20 to the guys running the scanner lets them pass....:confused:

Shawn H
10-01-2004, 09:25 AM
I think everyone is going with that rule now!

Our series in Iowa is now long sleeve shirts too. They claim its for insurance issues.

As if a longer sleeve is going to save your ***.:rolleyes:

bradley300
10-01-2004, 09:47 AM
i just wonder why some people can get away with it and others cant. maybe jason weigant will have some insight

cletusEX
10-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah it really doesn't make any sense because I see people racing all the time with their sleeves pulled up. I usually pull my sleeves up and no one has said anything. A long sleeve shirt pulled up protects the same as a short sleeve shirt.

1rancher
10-03-2004, 07:55 PM
In the FL race they made me stop in and get a long sleeve shirt, on the first lap they told me and I blew them off and then on the second lap that wonderfull woman thats always YELLING at some one made me pull off to the side and she YELLED if I didnt have long sleeves on I WOULD NOT be scored and I was in 4th so I figured I better stop. So I went and pull the shirt on over my chest protector and went off, it was a pain in the @$$, so I went and cut a long sleeve T-shirt in to a 3 quarter lenght sleeve and went on my marry way, and I had not had anything said to me since then.

jesshamner
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I just pull my sleeves up. If you have a shirt that has no cuffs and is loose, it will ride up anyway.