PDA

View Full Version : New scoop II from Quadtech, Help.

sharkinthepool
10-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Changed plastics from Honda red to yellow to save the jack on the headlights. took my old hood off to install the new one and there is NO HOPE!

The new scoop II from Quadtech does not even come close to fitting correctely! I checked all the packing material even checked the instructions ((its a first) hope I do not get banned for that one))!
The sides do not even come close to fitting! I guess I am a perfectionist. Brother, dad, and riding buddies says it looks O.K.! I am like O.k. does not cut it when you pay that kind of coin!!!

Put it up to the R and it looks better on it than it does the 400. Kind of lost on this one. Someone on here told me before to go with feather carbon and I did not listen!

flyingbyfast400
10-01-2004, 08:39 AM
My quad tech II hood scoop should be in my hands firday.. Ill let ya know how mine mounts up...
Vic

beak7707
10-01-2004, 09:30 AM
I'll buy it off of you if you cant get it to work.

sharkinthepool
10-01-2004, 11:26 AM
beak I will let you know Monday after quadtech and I have a talk! Come to find out it is not the right hood after all!

Good luck Flying!

balls2da-wall
10-02-2004, 08:23 PM
hey you should post some pics of that new scoop!!!:D

flyingbyfast400
10-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Ya Ill post sum pics of my quad and the new scoop... Ill just have to get sumone to show me how.. That or Ill have to send them to some body who is willing to post the pics for me.. I wont have the scoop on till next weeked..
Vic

balls2da-wall
10-03-2004, 09:16 PM
if you send them to misdirection_05@hotmail.com I will post them for you and then send you an email back on how to post pictures...

sharkinthepool
10-04-2004, 06:10 AM
Well QT and I had a little talk. New scoop is on the way. They had me mount the one they sent me and use it for the race. I will get some pics of it tonight and get them sent to you "balls".
As a recommendation of a fellow rider. I removed the red plastics and installed it on the yellows. I got to admit the scoop looks a heck of a lot better on the yellows. Unfortunately it still had to be forced to fit.

flyingbyfast400
10-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Alright thanks balls2dawalls.. Ill take some pics once the hood is on and send them to u... Im also learing to polish.. Im getting good now so I think Ill do my side cases and aton of onther stuff.. :) bling bling lol Ive done motor mounts, oil cover,brake cover, starter cover and sum onther odds and ends.. :devil:

YZ400EX
10-08-2004, 02:19 AM
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/4955/ex5.jpg
Mine doesnt fit worth a crap either..it fits great on the sides, but is too freakin long..it doesnt evem come close to fitting it in length..I couldnt even use the front 2 pre-drilled mounting holes..I put it on anyways and made new mounting holes..you can tell from the pics..nevermind the ugly red seat..it is changed now to black..

sharkinthepool
10-08-2004, 05:31 AM
I do not know what the deal is! I talked to Bill Pointer (from Quadtech) via email and he said that he wanted me to mount it and run it for the race last weekend and he was going to make "it right" and I have heard nothing from him since. If you do not mind I would like to send him your last post as well. Let me know. Obviously their manufacturing is not what it used to be. Unless they are making the 400 hood and the 250R hood the same and packaging them different. Mine fit great on my 250R but like sheeee on the 400!

YZ400EX
10-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Yea Thats fine if you send him my post..I think they would want to know whats going with the way their hoods are fitting. Too bad I had waited about a month and a half before I mounted my hood or would have complained, but since it had been so long I just figured heck with it. Bill Pointer is a great guy to deal with though..He sent me my hood before I even paid for it and trusted me enough to think I would send him the money for it..(good thing I am honest). Yea I think they should know whats up about their hoods though!! Thats grip of money to have to pay for something that would better fit another model (250R) that it does what it was made for..And they dont make the 250R and the 400EX hood the same and package different..I had a Blue quadtech 250R hood on this before and I didnt want blue anymore so I sold it and bought the black for the 400..honestly the 250R hood fit 10 times better than this one all around. it was even shorter than this one, but more squared at the end so you could tell it was for an R and it bolted up from the bottom and the EX ones have the pre-drilled holes that the plastic push screws go into.

sharkinthepool
10-08-2004, 09:44 AM
I am sending it in a few minutes. I do not think it will matter that it has been that long. You can tell it is a QT product and if they are a good company they will make it right.

flyingbyfast400
10-08-2004, 09:47 AM
hey Guys My hood just came in today. But I havnt had a chance to even take it out of the box yet. Ill have it on sumtime later tonight once im outta school. Ill try to get sum pics of it posted also and let everyone know how it fits...
Vic

sharkinthepool
10-08-2004, 10:01 AM
You do that, Bill Pointer, really wants to know what is going on with these! The more feedback the better!

YZ400EX
10-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Well I would send him mine back, but it was one of the last ones with the itegrated ignition switch and thats really why I wanted it..maybe I will contact him and see if he still has any left..if he does I will send him back this one and get a new one if they will take it back for exchange because I dont want my quad looking like crap. I just thought it was me..I am glad that you posted this so now I dont feel like the only one..what all did he say when you talked to him?? did you talk to him through email or over the phone?

sharkinthepool
10-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey man I posted because I thought I was the one that goofed this project up. Now I am starting to relize that this is the manufacturer problem not mine. Thanks for all the feedback.

I was going to say something earlier because yours looks just like the one I had on my 250R (front grill) My new one on the 400 has little octagon shapes in the grill. With no switch hole.

My emails to him do get answered I just do not have much to say about the emails. He says "he is getting a 400 in the shop to do some work and find out what is going on". He is supposed to get back to me next week. I will post on here when he does!

YZ400EX
10-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Yea I had talked to bill along time before I actually got the hood making sure I was going to get what I wanted..Everything that came with the hood says it is for a 400ex and he only had a few of the hoods left with the switch hole in it and gave me a killer deal on one because I didnt want one unless it had the switch hole. I cant complain about the price too much, but I can complain about the way it fits..I have had had it for maybe 3 months, but have only had it on my quad for a few weeks..maybe I will email him and see if I can exchange it..It doesnt matter either way..let us know what the outcome of it all is..

slosh13
10-08-2004, 01:38 PM
My hood scoop fits just fine. The maier race plastic doesnt fit the coutours of the quad tech 400ex II hood. You best solution here is to get Maier standard cut or stock plastic, cut the headlight mounts off, and mount your hood. thats all i did. Then i cut the fenders for a racier look.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid110/pe0c86e93bc34d1eadfd81e81d0b43001/f91926ff.jpg

http://www.vcatv.com/VCApictures/jakeschlosser9.jpg

http://www.vcatv.com/VCApictures/jakeschlosser8.jpg

YZ400EX
10-08-2004, 01:48 PM
your hood looks the same length as mine, but your fenders look longer..Mine are already the race cut so maybe that is why..Maybe the race cuts are shorter on the front than standard/stock fenders?? if thats the case then my hood would fit just fine, but how it is, it fits everywhere else fine, just too long..

sharkinthepool
10-09-2004, 09:05 AM
well slosh the hood looks pretty good for being the old style on aftermarket plastics. This is not the problem I am running into and after I spent the $$$ that I did it should fit on the 400 plastic just fine with no questions.

sharkinthepool
10-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 440EXGUY
your hood looks the same length as mine, but your fenders look longer..Mine are already the race cut so maybe that is why..Maybe the race cuts are shorter on the front than standard/stock fenders?? if thats the case then my hood would fit just fine, but how it is, it fits everywhere else fine, just too long..

It is the same as yours it is the early model!

flyingbyfast400
10-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Alright Guys sorry I havnt posted about my hood.. I put my hood on firday. Everything I asked for and needed came with the hood. It only took maybe 20 mins for me to put it in.. and it looks and lines up very very good.. Its not to long or to short by any means. But I have it on a set of stock style red 400ex plastic that I just shaved. Ill be at redbud today and My buddy is taking is dig. cam so Ill have pics Im going to have someone post for me so you guys can check it out. But if I had to rate it 1-10 with 10 being the highest I would give it a 10.. It gives my 400 some very nice and clean lines... Alirght Ill try to get pics up tonight or sumtime soon.. Goodluck with ur hoods guys
Vic

YZ400EX
10-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Like I was saying..I think it it fits the stock style plastics fine and that the aftermarket race cut is too short in the front..Well I thinks thats what it is anyways..I could be wrong..I took my stock plastics and it does look about 2 inches longer in the front than this maier race that I have..I maybe wrong, but thats what it looks like to me, so it may not be quadtech at all that is my problem..It may be Maier...dunno

redrider311
10-11-2004, 05:59 PM
i wanna buy black maier stock plastics (400EX) and put the quad tech hood on.. is it a good idea to buy maier stock replica plastic and just cut off the plastic that goes over the lights.. if i do this will the hood fit right? or what else do i need to do?

sharkinthepool
10-21-2004, 10:31 AM
I got to admit. Bill pointer is cool. He stayed calm through the whole deal. Told me to run it in the race and if it did not seet into place to send it back. I sent it back to him and he was putting a check in the mail. Unfortunetly the yellow plastics are cut now but at least I got my money back for an ill fitting hood!