View Full Version : Rear Brake Line

Smoker
04-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if a stock length rear brake line will work with a +1.25 extended swingarm? I ordered an extended rear brake line and got a stock length one instead. I called and asked about it and was told "it should work" but I'm not buying the brake line twice. Is this the right size or do I need to send it back and demand the right size. Thanks :mad:

QuadRacer041
04-11-2002, 04:36 PM
im pretty sure it will

Ex'r Marlin
04-11-2002, 05:03 PM
I received a Fastline stock length brake line for the rear, and it definetly has enough length for a plus 1.25" swingarm. I thought I received the wrong length, but it works fine for me..... But then again, I don't have an extended swing arm on my 400.

Can you measure your stock length break line and measure your aftermarket breakline, or put them side by side, to see if the aftermarket is longer?

Good luck!

Smoker
04-11-2002, 06:26 PM
They are the same length, I measured 27 inches. That would be why I said stock length. The stocker has some play but I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before. Since I can't seem to get a straight answer other than "yeah, it should fit". I'm just trying to find out before I install it since I'm waiting for my swingarm from Houser. :mad:

04-12-2002, 09:00 AM
A stock line will work with an extended houser +1 /14 swingarm,,positive on it,,seen it work with my own eye's...:D

Smoker
04-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks Rico, the answer I've been looking for. It looked like it could but I don't have my swingarm yet and wanted to be positive before I drop the issue.:p