PDA

View Full Version : Ahh Memories !!!

Quad18star
09-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Well I was watching TV earlier tonight and there was a commercial where a kid goes and licks a metal pole in the middle of winter and his tongue gets stuck to it .... one of those really weird commercials . It got me thinking about some childhood memories ......

Growing up in my neck of the woods , winter is here like 6 months out of the year . I'm way up in Northern Ontario Canada . Anyways one thing I remember while growing up as a kid was my parents telling me ..... don't put your tongue on any metal during the winter cuz it'll stick .

Well you know .... just like a parent telling their kid don't touch the stove cuz it's hot .... you know you just have to touch right ?

I remember my parents telling me when I was about 6 or 7 ... "Greg don't put your tongue onto any type of metal cuz it'll stick " Yeah right what do they know .... well turns out they were right . Well one day while I was playing outside with some friends , I just couldn't resist . Nice frost on the metal fence . Instead of just touching it with the tip of my tongue .... the dummy that I was , I put my whole tongue on it . To my surprise , it was friggen stuck there . Natural reaction was to pull it off . As the tears started rolling down my face , I seen 2 layers of skin stuck to the fence . I couldn't drink or eat anything for half a week . Things you do when you're a kid , just because your parents said don't do it .

But I guess you're not a true northerner , unless you've stuck your tongue to a piece of metal atleast once in your life !!!:blah:

I-7
09-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Whatd I tell you about keeping your tounge out of public things :eek2:

LTandRaptorider
09-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
But I guess you're not a true northerner , unless you've stuck your tongue to a hard pole atleast once in your life !!!:blah:

Ummm... we ain't camping alone! :eek: ;)

HtFoxChick
09-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Hahahah yeah, I'm still tempted to try it!:rolleyes:

Good ole Minnesota winters!

I-7
09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Ummm... we ain't camping alone! :eek: ;)

Thats one of the funniest things I have ever seen :D

Quad18star
09-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Ummm... we ain't camping alone! :eek: ;) LMAO .... you goof . I re-read my post 4 times trying to figure out where I had said that , then realized you changed it around . Don't friggen scare me like that damnit . :cool:

LTandRaptorider
09-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
LMAO .... you goof . I re-read my post 4 times trying to figure out where I had said that , then realized you changed it around . Don't friggen scare me like that damnit . :cool:

who me?? I didn't change nuttin! :D

250x#93
09-30-2004, 09:46 PM
hahaha lmao i've actually tried that before 2 sumthin bout the curiousity of it gets ya....yes it does stick i was prepared though with sum warm water 2 get the hell off of theere