PDA

View Full Version : help plz!!!!!!

tc300ex56
09-30-2004, 08:47 PM
i know i posted this before but know one answerd so i am posting it again thanks 4 at least looking

my friend just bought a nice mojave there was nothing wrong with it next thing we know there was oil coming out of the breather so we took the engine out of the bike and got it fixed(i am not shore what was wrong with it but i think it was the ring so the guy bored it) and now the engines got a knock in it

LazeR
09-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by tc300ex56
i know i posted this before but know one answerd so i am posting it again thanks 4 at least looking

my friend just bought a nice mojave there was nothing wrong with it next thing we know there was oil coming out of the breather so we took the engine out of the bike and got it fixed(i am not shore what was wrong with it but i think it was the ring so the guy bored it) and now the engines got a knock in it

a knock is kind of broad? Like a spark knock ? How loud is it ? DOes it sound like a metal slap? or is it just a ticking ? or neither ?

400exboy
10-01-2004, 11:34 AM
it sounds like to me that the valves arent set right and seem to be rattling a little bit which isnt a huge major deal for the time being but later down the road could be.
later

Josh

hondarider2006
10-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Have you guys adjusted the valves?

tc300ex56
10-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
a knock is kind of broad? Like a spark knock ? How loud is it ? DOes it sound like a metal slap? or is it just a ticking ? or neither ?

not a spark knock its loud sound like a metal slap could it be a timing chain

tc300ex56
10-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 400exboy
it sounds like to me that the valves arent set right and seem to be rattling a little bit which isnt a huge major deal for the time being but later down the road could be.
later

Josh
my friend said the valves are right b/c it starts real nice

sickmojave
10-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Timing chain or the adjuster. trust me I went thru a few of them.
;)

hondarider2006
10-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by tc300ex56
my friend said the valves are right b/c it starts real nice

How would the valves effect starting?? They will just make noise when the motor is running, thats all. Check the timing chain adjustment, probably needs to be replaced before the chain comes off itself;)

Aceman
10-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
How would the valves effect starting??

If there is no gap or too much gap in the rocker arm clearance it won't start or run for chit.

tc300ex56
10-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
How would the valves effect starting?? They will just make noise when the motor is running, thats all. Check the timing chain adjustment, probably needs to be replaced before the chain comes off itself;)

he said then it wouldnt have compresstion