PDA

View Full Version : Trinity crank mod

velocityatv
09-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Have any of you guys heard any feedback on the crank mod that Trinity does? They take the crank and around the outer edge they cut it so that the fins act like a tubine.

I would think that it would cause unwanted positive pressure in the crank case. But on the other hand it may cause the port work to transfer more quickly.

Does anyone have any input on this? Or know anyone who's had it done.

wilkin250r
10-01-2004, 01:30 PM
I can't see it acting like a true turbine and increasing crankcase pressure. For one, the crank doesn't spin fast enough to have a turbine effect. You would need some REALLY big fins to get any useful pressure difference at the crank speeds.

However, it may increase the turbulence inside the crankcase, which would be a good thing to atomize the fuel. Depending on the shape of the groves in relation to the intake ports and path, it may direct the airflow through the intake better. Just theory, I don't know for sure. I'll check it out...

QuantumFluxTRX
10-01-2004, 02:45 PM
I had one, Not done by trinity, it did make a difference....Felt like it boosted the throttle response, But then apparently the groves were too deep in the shields.So when a piece broke off it took out my left side case half...Piston, crank, Cylinder etc...lol

It increases the atomization, and really boost's the crank case presure

So I just redid it all with the 89 style long rod with a Wiesco hot crank, straight out of the box with the spacer plate. The other setup definitly had more hit and the throttle response was definitly faster but the long rod seems to have a lot more torque & you can stay in a gear longer.

I perfer my new setup now to the old..But I think it's all preference...and I'd advise against it, a few people told me afterwards that because of the thinness of the honda 250R crank shields that having all those crank modifications are a bad idea...the tolerance is too tight.

..I had the crank turbo'd, and the whole things trued & welded with the 86' short rod, ported polished running with a 18cc dome on 113 klotz.