PDA

View Full Version : Klaw or Knarly?

RedRider55
09-30-2004, 02:06 PM
what the better trail tire? kenda knarly or klaw? used for high speed trail riding and mild racing?

nemesis
09-30-2004, 02:19 PM
I hear the Knarley wear out quick. I would go with a 6ply tire for trails

cdalejef
09-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Actually, Knarlys last longer than Klaws! If the terrain you ride in is hard pack then go with the Klaws. If its loose, loam and or muddy then go with the Knarlys. Both come in 6ply versions.

300exOH
09-30-2004, 05:34 PM
I have a couple rides on my Knarly's along with riding on the road now and then and they show no signs of wear at all so far. They hook up great in the soft stuff too.

RedRider55
09-30-2004, 09:33 PM
How is the klaws compared to the razr 2's which i am runnin now? i ride at wayne national forest if anybody knows what thats like.

cdalejef
10-01-2004, 06:31 AM
The Klaws are a hard terrain tire and the Razor 2's are a soft terrain tire. They don't compare at all.

sparks400
10-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
The Klaws are a hard terrain tire and the Razor 2's are a soft terrain tire. They don't compare at all.

i would like to disagree on that, i have klaws, and there for soft and hard, if u loo at the side of the tire they was oposite directions for soft and hard, and razr2 my dad has and he just spinns and spinns and o ay did i mention he just spinns, they hook up but no as well has klaws, in my opinon

cdalejef
10-03-2004, 11:17 AM
I've been a test rider for Kenda for almost a year now. The Klaws are designed for hard terrain or some sand if you reverse them. The Knarly's are designed for medium to soft terrain.

300ex_rider1121
11-25-2004, 03:43 PM
do the klaws hold up well how long can i expect them to last ..i ride hard pack and trails and occasionally a lil mud;) but thats no big deal i get stuck all the time

peterock
11-26-2004, 02:03 AM
The Klaws hold up great! I've had a complete set on my MX quad for two years now and they still have a lot of life left to them. We also ran a set of Klaws for the 12 hours of atv america. After 12 straights hours they showed almost no visible wear. I switched to Kenda two years ago and I wouldn't think of buying anything else.

PunkA$$
11-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I've been a test rider for Kenda for almost a year now. The Klaws are designed for hard terrain or some sand if you reverse them. The Knarly's are designed for medium to soft terrain.

I've never tried knarys but I find my Klaws hook up very well in the soft stuff (never been stuck unless it bottoms out) but are a little slicker than I'd like on grass, especially wet grass. I ride in my Pa's orchard alot. Overall I love 'em!

wheeltrax
11-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I have the Klaws as well, i find they grip well in any situation that i have run into. That includes sand, some occasional mud, hard clay, and grass. I have yet to have a problem with lack of traction so far. The only problem i have ran into with them, is on my friends oval track, which is in a bean field, that the rear doesnt want to slide as well as my razrs did in the corners. other then that, the klaws have suited me well. I still love my razrs too however.

xsr_racing28c
11-27-2004, 04:51 PM
i have klaws and i love em'... they do well on all sorts of dirt, and on the side wall of the tire it says which way to turn the tread for either hard of soft conditions... the only thing that i have found that klaws don't hold up on was gravel...lol... i found that out when i was screwing around on the gravel at our business, and while i was up doin a wheelie, the back tires kicked out and i did a complete 360 while the front tires were off the ground... lol.. it was scary at first but i wish i coulda got it on tape

02Yellow400
11-27-2004, 05:00 PM
i run knarlys also and jeff is right there work amazing in soft or lose terrain. And they are incredibly tough. I use them on the track at rauch all the time and there are a really good tire to run if you are looking for an all around tire