PDA

View Full Version : Best Shocks for 250ex

xxSiko
09-30-2004, 12:02 PM
I recently just bought a '04 250ex. I have noticed that the suspension is really stiff. I need a decent priced shock system. Or is there any way I can adjust the shocks I have on them.

400ex men
10-01-2004, 10:53 AM
if i sill had my 250ex what i wood do is put 300ex shocks on it i think it wood be a vere good set up:)

PhilMoore
10-01-2004, 11:09 AM
My wife has a 250EX and I put the softest works dual rate shocks I could get on the front. They cost about $350 I think. It helped a lot. For the rear, I put one of my spare Banshee front shocks. It sags about 2", and is really plush. She weighs about 105 and is not very aggressive, so it works great for her. I am about 200 and I have jumped small jumps with it and had no problem with bottoming. I think replacing the stock 250EX rear shock with the stock Banshee front shock is a good, cheap alternative for a lighter weight rider who does not take big jumps. I checked out numerous other adjustable rear shocks (400EX, Banshee, 250R, 350X, Blaster) and none would fit without modifications. The Banshee front shock bolts right up, I think I had to add a washer or something for a spacer though I can't remember. Installing the Banshee shock requires no cutting welding, etc.