PDA

View Full Version : Either this was poor sportmanship on a fan or just a crazy person

Foxyangel0425
09-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Indians Pitcher Kyle Denney Shot

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - A Cleveland Indians pitcher was shot in the right calf when a bullet pierced the team's bus and grazed another player late Wednesday night.

Team trainers were able to remove the bullet from the calf of Kyle Denney, who was expected to spend the night in the hospital but was not seriously hurt, club spokesman Bart Swain said.

The rest of the team was unharmed. The shooting occurred as the team rode to Kansas City International Airport after a game with the Kansas City Royals.

Swain said the shot was fired into the side of one of the Indians' two buses while it was on a ramp between Interstate 435 and I-70, grazing outfielder Ryan Ludwick.

``It went through his pants and then hit Denney,'' Swain said. ``At first, there was a little bit of panic. Once we realized Kyle was OK, fears were subsided.''

Police spokesman Darin Snapp said there were no suspects and it wasn't known if the team's bus was the intended target. Telephone messages left for the Royals were not immediately returned.

The Indians arrived safely at the airport and boarded a plane bound for Minneapolis early Thursday.

Denney, who started Wednesday night's 5-2 victory over the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, was expected to rejoin the Indians on Thursday in Minnesota, where Cleveland begins its final series of the season Friday.

After getting called up from Triple-A Buffalo on Sept. 14, the 27-year-old Denney is 1-2 with a 9.56 ERA in four starts with Cleveland. He beat Kansas City 8-3 on Sept. 19 for his first major league win.

gyt-r450
09-30-2004, 10:46 AM
that suck thats good ok

Bad Habit
09-30-2004, 01:13 PM
And now for the "Paul Harvey" rest of the story................

The doctor's said that the wound would have been much worse if it weren't for the fact that the bullet was partially stopped by the gogo boots that he was wearing.

Yes, he was wearing a pair of knee high boots, like the kind worn by the baton twirlers and majorettes. Apparently, as part of a Rookie requirement, he is forced to dress up like a cheerleader on the way to and from games.

Could you imagine how bad it would suck to be shot and killed while you were dressed up like a cheerleader? :huh

250exen
09-30-2004, 01:27 PM
yea i herd that too, i guess its a tridition for the rookies to dress like that the last away game...
the funny thing is that he was suppose to pitch!

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Could you imagine how bad it would suck to be shot and killed while you were dressed up like a cheerleader? :huh

Sounds too kinky for me...

Dan, about 2-3 years ago do you remember hearing about the lady who was shot while sitting in Kaufman stadium. Some driving on, I believe 435, shot into the stadium from the highway hitting a women in the chest? It was comforting to find out the about that the next day...while I was sitting in Kaufman stadiuim!:eek:

wilkin250r
09-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 250exen
yea i herd that too, i guess its a tridition for the rookies to dress like that the last away game...
the funny thing is that he was suppose to pitch!

If he's dressed like a cheerleader, it sounds more like he's playing catcher rather than pitcher :eek2:

Got Roost?
09-30-2004, 05:13 PM
i don't thing i had anything to do with the royals. they should be use to losing by now (over 100 games this season):rolleyes:

bulkdriverlp
09-30-2004, 07:43 PM
thats bunch o crap and uncalled for. damn idiots that mis-use guns.