PDA

View Full Version : My good frined is thinking of trying to trade his 450r for a YFZ!! Get the ropes boys

kazpr
09-30-2004, 06:37 AM
Says he does not want to spend the xtra money needed to get the honda to the MX
specs as the yamaha!! I tell him he is crazy and if he does this I will spend whatever $$ it takes to be faster than him :)

450 Racer R
09-30-2004, 06:47 AM
The YFZ costs 2,000 +-500 more than the R out the door anyway?? I haven't spent nearly that much on mods

WhiteZee
09-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
Says he does not want to spend the xtra money needed to get the honda to the MX
your friend is a god dam idiot. a yfz is no more MX ready then a 450r. put some mx tires on both of them and theres not any difference.

Flynbryan19
09-30-2004, 01:52 PM
The only thing I see that you'd want to do(Don't even HAVE to) is buy an extended swinger for the rear of the Honda. Other than that. Both are gonna have to have extended a-arms. Both are gonna have to have an aftermarket axle, and both are gonna have to have aftermarket shocks all around. If hes really concerned about the limited shock length on the Honda, just have tell him to buy an aftermarket linkage. ;) Won't be a "perfect" fix, but it should certainly help.

stiffy
10-01-2004, 09:59 AM
I wish I still had my yfz I would trade for a 450R in a heartbeat.

PEPwalshZ440
10-01-2004, 10:05 AM
You're gonna have to get a swinger for the yfz neway cuz the crack soo much and break. But, you'd have to get a linkage for the R...but the elka one is what $200???

BOONE450R
10-01-2004, 10:08 AM
all you can do is take him to the watering hole you cant make him drink, let him get the fyz then bust his @$$:p

Kennethyfz450
10-01-2004, 02:44 PM
In my opinion the yfz is better... less money to spend on hop ups..

but since ur friend already has a 450r its gonna be hard to get any yfz owner to trade you even.. he will have to find someone with battery trouble and is very fustrated... before they would trade even..

like a few months ago i was so fustrated at my yami dealer i wish i would have bought the honda just in case something did go wrong with it i wouldnt have to pay for anything.. but since my yamaha dealer is a jerk i didnt buy a warranty and i bought 600 dollars worth of goodies... and so far its never failed to start, take off, roll.. so i am extremely happy with my yfz.