PDA

View Full Version : makeing new a-arms help please

yfzracer101
09-29-2004, 09:38 PM
my buddy is a professonal welder and he looking into makeing some long travle a-arms any he really doesnt know much about them i know it will take a bunch of times to get them just right but and info about long travle a-arms like the lenght from the shcok mount from the frame to the one on the a-arm. any geometry need any blueprints or any thing would be a big help thinks o yea we plan on makeing +3 a-arms and they will go on my YFZ450 then we will make some for my other buddys 450r

R3Concepts
09-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Most LT arms for a yfz are +2 and run 18.25 inch shocks. As the owner of a professional fab shop, dont try to make arms if you know nothing about engineering or geometry. Just because someone can weld doesnt mean they can make arms. If you are going to try to to this the arms MUST be in a jig of some sorts. Also there are many variables you have to take into consideration: spindle inclination, ball joint or heim joint spindle mounts, preset caster or adjustable caster via heims on top, gullwing or spud style lower shock mounts. If none of this makes sense then dont try making arms, you will only get yourself hurt.