PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Blocker

Ryan
09-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Im looking for a pop up blocker. I know there are some free ones out there.

I downloaded 2 and they only block pop ups on Internet explorer. And not very well, also.

Anyone know any free pop up blockers that work good and block all pop ups, not just the ones on Internet Explorer?

Thanks.

Big400EX
09-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Im using the Google pop up blocker and I think it works pretty well.

Ryan
09-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Im using the Google pop up blocker and I think it works pretty well.

Yeah, as far as I know, it only blocks pop ups in Internet Explorer. And I still have pop up problems with that.

acold7dusta
09-30-2004, 08:13 AM
i use yahoo toolbar and its got popup control but it dont work so good since i got spyware on my comp:rolleyes:

MrTrendy1
09-30-2004, 08:23 AM
I use Meaya Popup Ad Filter. It kicks arse too. Their website is www.meaya.com and I don't know if it works with anything else other than IE but it should.

Ryan
09-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by MrTrendy1
I use Meaya Popup Ad Filter. It kicks arse too. Their website is www.meaya.com and I don't know if it works with anything else other than IE but it should.

Im wondering if there is any free ones out there.

If not, i'll go out and buy one.

300exOH
09-30-2004, 08:41 AM
There are free versions of Adaware and Spybot-search and destroy available.

Ryan
09-30-2004, 08:58 AM
I just found this one- http://www.panicware.com/process_download.html?prdid=PSFREE

It seems to be working pretty good. Go to the site it you want a good free pop up blocker.

I-7
09-30-2004, 09:00 AM
I use firefox and I never had one popup...

MrTrendy1
09-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Im wondering if there is any free ones out there.

If not, i'll go out and buy one.

Yeah, I don't think that one I mentioned was expensive but I bet it is like every other piece of software out there, someone probably has it for download somewhere. Personally, I use IE and just use the pop-up blocker that came with XP service pack 2.

LazeR
09-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by I-7

same here

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by I-7

I will never use another browser other than Mozilla. I love this browser. Actually I considered earlier starting a thread referring people to Mozilla Firefox. Best browser I have ever seen and used and I am an IT Technician:D

www.mozilla.org

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I will never use another browser other than Mozilla. I love this browser. Actually I considered earlier starting a thread referring people to Mozilla Firefox. Best browser I have ever seen and used and I am an IT Technician:D

www.mozilla.org

leave it up to the computer nerd.:blah: j/k
hey preston maybe you should come up to my house and fix my damn computer, the thing is overrun with virus's. my mom opened the msblast virus through email. ever since that it has sucked.

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
leave it up to the computer nerd.:blah: j/k
hey preston maybe you should come up to my house and fix my damn computer, the thing is overrun with virus's. my mom opened the msblast virus through email. ever since that it has sucked.

Hey now, I'm not a computer nerd, I just make the internet work:D

Do you still have the blaster virus on your machine? If so, download fixblast.exe and scan your machine.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixBlast.exe
Then you MUST run Windows Update. Open Internet Explorer -> tools -> Windows Update

MrTrendy1
09-30-2004, 02:52 PM

www.mozilla.org

You're an IT Techie as well? I have not checked out Mozilla but I really don't browse that much and what I do browse, IE is good enough. I never get pop-ups anymore either. I actually still run Ad Filter and the SP2 blocker, double protection!

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by MrTrendy1
You're an IT Techie as well? I have not checked out Mozilla but I really don't browse that much and what I do browse, IE is good enough. I never get pop-ups anymore either. I actually still run Ad Filter and the SP2 blocker, double protection!

Screw IE and screw SP2!

There are MANY advantages to Firefox!!! I would start to list but I get off work in 8 minutes!:)

MrTrendy1
09-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Screw IE and screw SP2!

There are MANY advantages to Firefox!!! I would start to list but I get off work in 8 minutes!:)

I take it you are a MS hater?