PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Frame?

Punk'd
09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Ok I have a stupid question..

First I have bent my stock bumper (bent so easy) and it being aluminum I kno the subframe is also. Im scared to do to big of a wheelie because I fear if I fall back it will bend just as easy as the bumper did.. Can anyone help me out with this? If this is true or not. Thanks alot

sntheticdeluson
09-29-2004, 07:51 PM
nahh ive went through 3 rear grab bars from over wheelin and dragin them mine hasnt bent i wouldnt worry to much about it i just wouldnt put a steel bar back there for a replacement

BSTURDIVANT
09-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Grab bar bends pretty easy -at least before subframe.
Subframes tend to crack at seat mount!

Punk'd
09-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Great so I have a pos subframe? lol
id rather have a strong one then a light weak 1:(

Scro
09-30-2004, 09:30 AM
i didnt bend my grab bar from wheeling, i did bend it though. I was at west point tenn. and got a little too throttle happy on high school. I went straight up in the air and never leveled out...landed on the grab and back tires...bent my grab bar up 90 degrees and broke my brake light..:mad:

Sportrax10
09-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Solution, dont fall back during wheelies...:macho

My friend rolled his 450r forward, and bent his subframe really bad... but then again I rolled my 450r down a giant hill, and it didnt do anything to it...

09-30-2004, 02:04 PM
do u not understand the grab bar & bumpers purpose...THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BEND!!! If they dont bend the frames will....

Wayne64SS
09-30-2004, 02:15 PM
nah man that subframe wont bend i bent my damn stock grab bar so many times that it finally broke off taking my tailight with it. I have isnce replaced with a PRM desert style wide grab bar and i have gone back on it quite a few times, alos been back on it a few tmes while riding wheelies with people on the back. It has not bent yet nor has my subframe, replace it once with PRM and be done with it. the reason the stock one bends so easily is because of where they weld it at.

twisted threads
09-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
do u not understand the grab bar & bumpers purpose...THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BEND!!! If they dont bend the frames will....

Yep, thats what they are made for... to make sure your frame don't get bent. And your subframe will be fine if you don't wipe out really bad. If you wreck hard and bend your subframe.....well thats just part of riding.