PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Cottage Today

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Well , It was one of those boring days today , so we decided to go for a ride and look at cottages / houses on lakes . Anyways , we found a really nice one on a lake in the same area that we have our camp . Started taking a look at it and the neighbour came over and said he ahd a key , so we took a look at the inside . Anyways , it's log on 2 sides , has cathedral ceilings with a nice loft up top , nice large bedrooms ( 2 of them) fair size kitchen and living room with huge picture window . The best thing about it , is the view of the lake . With a little bit of work , the property will be amazing . So anyways , we got home , talked about it ..... called up the guy , and just dropped a few bucks . :devil: Can't wait to start doing some work to it and fixing up the property . I took a bunch of pictures of it , so I'll try and upload them in a little bit . I'm happy today :devil: :devil:

theTman
09-29-2004, 03:40 PM
awsome! how many acres?

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 03:42 PM
1.5 acres with about 100 feet + of lake frontage . It's deep and rocky enough to do walleye fishing right from shore .

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 03:43 PM
sweet at lesat you got suttin to do now with your leg,i got a nice narly lakehouse view is awesome,works for me,ncie size fish,narly riding area:D

don;t mind me,dat the lake in the back

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 04:15 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p5d39c7d3f7a08e5d23b76f710ef8766c/f6d46a8e.jpg The Front

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p1783281e8dd385a385cad4a31c6c7529/f6d46a67.jpg Another of the front which faces the lake .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p623615a5140fcf199afd99207645889d/f6d46a51.jpg The Back

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p72b67810c4d76fe6ef6173b0694fe8ca/f6d468ca.jpg The shore Line

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p7103f11bd55c869bebc071b445461667/f6d468c0.jpg

I-7
09-29-2004, 04:16 PM
It looks great. Lake houses are great because theres always something to do... ;)

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 04:18 PM
trust me man,you will want to get rid of those stones in the front,that looks like a pain in the *** to get up and down into the water....but otherwise sweet

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Mom down by the lake

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p0e6104cf4bbfea5bd85ce965d72de03c/f6d468b9.jpg

Looking up the lake

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p8f3a14872a523c934013c4f2d9f73606/f6d468b6.jpg

Small shed
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p5214aa1277c3aa89d7b8aa6f3913536d/f6d46a88.jpg

The view from up top looking at the lake ... its hard to see in the picture cuz the camera isnt strong , but theres a lake down there .... lotta shrubs and trees need to be cut also .
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/pd575617b3a8111aaccff5488d7c56a69/f6d468c3.jpg

gyt-r450
09-29-2004, 04:22 PM
nice find:blah:

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
trust me man,you will want to get rid of those stones in the front,that looks like a pain in the *** to get up and down into the water....but otherwise sweet No can do .... thats what the whole bottom of the lake is . It's about 20 feet deep only a few feet out . We're gunna build a nice big dock for our boats.

LazeR
09-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Nice find. Looks like some fun can be had there.

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Stairs going up t the loft .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/pa46ad0531b1b576153e36ec71c284015/f6d46a96.jpg

The Kitchen

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p47cea12142a48e944aa24d63c363a512/f6d46a81.jpg

Living room with woodstove

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/pa19c1b96b3b61369b5687fefcf945f37/f6d46a62.jpg

Bed up in the loft .... the inside needs some finishing work but it all comes with time .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p7d924a17f43f7c985e6661cd968ef16a/f6d46a57.jpg

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 05:01 PM
It's somethign we've been looking for , for a while . It's a piece of property with a ton of potential and the inside needs some finishing work , but as of right now it's going to be used as a cottage to get away from the city life . It's only 2 hours away from home ... we can drive right to the door , has electricity and a telephone :p but no running water . The lake that it's situated on , is about 15 miles long and has northern pike , walleye , perch, whitefish , large and small mouth bass and god knows what else . Can't wait till I'm all healed up and can start doing some work to it . Gunna be doing lots of fishing next sumemr thats for sure :D

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Nice cottage!

the little tv on top of the big one... is that the Canadian version of 'picture in picture'? :confused: :blah:

Big400EX
09-29-2004, 05:39 PM
We have a little more then a cottage. This is our house in Lake Wallenpaupack, Poconos, Pennsylvania.

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/3739/157072164fxCRKP_th.jpg

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/7806/157073532vqDGwk_ph.jpg

This is the pathway that extends out to my dock, it's made out of all aluminum. And so is my dock.

http://img20.exs.cx/img20/7048/157073140DPysPw_th.jpg

Our Boat...
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/2209/157073188IDqgUd_th.jpg

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Nice cottage!

the little tv on top of the big one... is that the Canadian version of 'picture in picture'? :confused: :blah: It sure is ..... the best way to watch 2 hockey games at the same time :D

I think it was Jeff Foxworthy that said .... if you have one tv that acts as a stand to hold your working tv .... you might be a redneck . I think the guy that owned this cottage was a real redneck ..... he's even got a sign in there that says " Keep On Truckin' " :p

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 08:45 PM
damn 20 feet deep,sounds sick....any trout in there? how big is the lake neway?yea that house will look sweet in a couple of years,like ours....it was a old raggy shag fixer upper,now it is one of the nicest houses on the lake,i would say in the top 10...just gotta stop riding on the lawn and then are yard will be nice too,lol

maybe you can build a nice *** deck over it,fill in the rocks with concrete so they won't move and build a deck or something over it....very sweet

and it is true about the hockey games,i watched the Devils beat the stars at my lakehouse :macho Stanely Cup # 2 suckas:macho

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
It sure is ..... the best way to watch 2 hockey games at the same time :D

No hockey this year though... :( I would imagine Mario will just hang up the skates for good this time... I still remember going to a game to see that new kid that was going to turn the Penguins around... :)

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 08:50 PM
mario is a wuss:o

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 08:56 PM
mario is a wuss:o

Yeah, uh huh... :rolleyes: I think it's past your bedtime too. ;)

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 09:00 PM
damn 20 feet deep,sounds sick....any trout in there? how big is the lake neway?yea that house will look sweet in a couple of years,like ours....it was a old raggy shag fixer upper,now it is one of the nicest houses on the lake,i would say in the top 10...just gotta stop riding on the lawn and then are yard will be nice too,lol

maybe you can build a nice *** deck over it,fill in the rocks with concrete so they won't move and build a deck or something over it....very sweet

and it is true about the hockey games,i watched the Devils beat the stars at my lakehouse :macho Stanely Cup # 2 suckas:macho The lake is about 15 miles long but there isn't any trout . Many of the lakes within the area have trout though . I went fishing for Aurora Trout a few years ago . This fish is very protected and there are only about 5 lakes in north america that have this type of fish ( natural not planted / stocked) . The lake we fished on was only open for fishing for 3 days , you were not allowed motorized vehicles and no live bait . If you caught a fish , no matter what size it was you had to keep it and you were only allowed one . Nicest looking fish I've ever seen .

As for building the deck and pouring concrete , there are big fines if you do that . Laws up here prohibite you for pouring anything like concrete into a lake .... same as using barels for a dock ..... it's soemthing like a $25 000 fine and a maximum of 5 years in prison . They're strict on keeping our lakes clean up here .

And as for the hockey issue .... I'm going into a depression because of it . The days are getting shorter .... it's dark at 7PM now , and that's when I used to cuddle up on the couch and watch the game ..... this season I can't do that . Damn NHL !!!!

I do believe Mario is gunan hang his skates this year ..... as will many of the older players . This strike is going to kill the sport .

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Yeah, uh huh... :rolleyes: I think it's past your bedtime too. ;)

looks like it getting pretty late too old man,and yes he is a wuss....haven't you heard all of that chit about it?o he hit me blah blah blah blah:rolleyes:

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 09:05 PM
I dunno ..... but any guy that can come back from a fight with cancer and go battle it out on the ice for 60 minutes is a tough guy in my books .

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 09:07 PM
I dunno ..... but any guy that can come back from a fight with cancer and go battle it out on the ice for 60 minutes is a tough guy in my books .

yes i do give him full credit for that,anyone who does that is very strong,but when you get hit,dun cry like a lil b!tch for crying out loud,damn

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 09:08 PM
looks like it getting pretty late too old man,and yes he is a wuss....haven't you heard all of that chit about it?o he hit me blah blah blah blah:rolleyes:

No, he never was a very physical player, but that's not where his skills lay. Look at his stats, watch him play, consider how he overcame cancer and came back to play hockey. Of course you'd have to get your head out of your *** to do those things. I don't think I saw anybody else play with an awareness of what's going on the ice like him.

and yes, it is getting late...

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 09:10 PM
my head is out of my ***,how else would you think i see him play like that,and awareness?how hard is it to stand in front of the net and wait for the puck,chit i can do that and say im frigin great at the game:o

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 09:14 PM
my head is out of my ***,how else would you think i see him play like that,and awareness?how hard is it to stand in front of the net and wait for the puck,chit i can do that and say im frigin great at the game:o

you make too many stupid statements to argue with you. I've watched him since 3 years before you were born... I hardly think he just stands in front of the net waiting for the puck. That giant sucking sound you hear is your head going back up your ***...

and now back to Quadstar's topic... his cottage. I don't wanna hear how my invite got lost in the mail! :blah:

JDiablo
09-29-2004, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes: *insider information* i got that from:cool: but since he has come back,what two,three years or w/e he is slow as ****,can't move the puck,and just waits for them to pass to him,he should have stayed owner and never came back.It was good for pittsburgh for a year but thats it.....anyway,like you said grumpy back to the subject....what is the name of the lake neway:)

Ryan
09-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Your arguing with a 15 year old. Don't even waste your time to reply :o :p .

Sweet cottage. I wish I had one of those.

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ryan

I know, sometimes I try to educate them a little, but forget they already have all the knowledge... :rolleyes:

Greg, have you ever drank Keystone beer? I'll bring that along, perfect cottage warming gift! :blah:

Quad18star
09-29-2004, 09:56 PM
I know, sometimes I try to educate them a little, but forget they already have all the knowledge... :rolleyes:

Greg, have you ever drank Keystone beer? I'll bring that along, perfect cottage warming gift! :blah: Can't say that I have .... but the fridge around cottage/camp is always stocked with a few brands and there's always a bottle of Crown Royal kickin' somewhere . Bart , once we get the palce all fixed up , you're more than welcomed to come try your luck at some of the best fishing ( if you like fishing) that you'll ever do in your life . Pops has a 20 lbs Northern Pike on the wall ..... mom has a nice Bass and well I got nothing yet . I did have a NICE walleye a few years back , but the damn thing got off the fish chain and swam away . Largest fish I've seen taken out of a nearby lake in the cottage area , was a 32lbs Northern Pike ....... caught by an older fisherman and he fought it for over an hour . Damn thing was wrapped around 3 times in the net he was so long.

The name os the lake that the cottage is on , is called Deschenes Lake .... french name .

As for the hockey subject , if you watched the World Cup of Hockey a few weeks ago , you seen mario set up and score some of the nicest goals . The man picked the puck out of the air .... the thing was a foot off the ice and he put it in the net . I think he lead the team with assists throughout the tourny . He really helped Team Canada make it onto the podium .

allmixedup047
09-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Can't say that I have .... but the fridge around cottage/camp is always stocked with a few brands and there's always a bottle of Crown Royal kickin' somewhere .

hmm, sounds like a good place to get a hot female up there in the winter to rub your leg(not the broken one). make things warm with a fire and some crown. i sure wish i had that place! just give me a PM when youve got to many ladies to handle up there in the love shack.:D very nice place though!

JDiablo
09-30-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Ryan

don't you start too:rolleyes: :o

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Greg, have you ever drank Keystone beer? I'll bring that along, perfect cottage warming gift! :blah:

Can't say that I have ....

:eek2: What?? You haven't drank Keystone?... wait, it's American beer:D Good stuff though!

Greg, that place kicks *** man! That is something I want to have in the mountains, possibly in Colorado but Canada would be she shiznit!

..."it's" legal there anyway:D :blah:

86350x
09-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Congradulations on the new place, sounds nice.:cool:

Quad18star
09-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys . We had an appointment with the bank to get the money this morning ...... now we have to find a lawyer to get all the paperwork done . The damn lawyers are charging in and around $1500 to do the paperwork , and search to make sure there isn't any leans on the property . When we called the owner of the property lastnight to tell him we were buying it , he sounded a little surprised . I guess he just put it up for sale ( didn't have any signs up yet just word of mouth) and we were the first persons to go look at it . If all works out well , we should be able to take over possession in about a months time once the legal part is all over and done with .

As for the beer issue , the only American beer that I really only drink is Budweiser . I have tried other kinds but I can't remember the names . I also don't mind Corona .... but at Camp its mostly Budweiser , Canadian , Coors Light , and Labatt Blue . Once in a while I'll sneak a case of Corona in there but it's so damn expensive . And when the beer runs out , thats when the Crown Royal , Smirnoff and Sauza Tequilla comes out :devil: Nothing like sitting around a fire near the lake , listening to the loons , watching the stars and getting totally smashed with your buddies . :blah: :devil:

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
:eek2: What?? You haven't drank Keystone?... wait, it's American beer:D Good stuff though!

Greg, that place kicks *** man! That is something I want to have in the mountains, possibly in Colorado but Canada would be she shiznit!

..."it's" legal there anyway:D :blah:

if your talking about what i think your talking about, than i dont think its legal, they just dont really control it to much or look down upon it and they have some of the best there is of "it".:D

bansheeguy77
09-30-2004, 12:48 PM
it = green smocks? :confused: :confused:

nice place ur getting there, any riding around it?

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
if your talking about what i think your talking about, than i dont think its legal, they just dont really control it to much or look down upon it and they have some of the best there is of "it".:D

well, uh....I've, uh...only...uh...(sh*t, forgot what I was going to say).....uh....heard about it:D

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Nothing like sitting around a fire near the lake , listening to the loons , watching the stars and getting totally smashed with your buddies . :blah: :devil:

best times of my life!!:blah:

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 01:03 PM
well, uh....I've, uh...only...uh...(sh*t, forgot what I was going to say).....uh....heard about it:D

um, yeah, me too.

Quad18star
09-30-2004, 01:06 PM
HAHAHAHA ..... I'll settle this .

Pot is still illegal depending on the situation . It is legal to have marijuana plants .... 3 of them and they can't be over 2 feet tall I believe .... no you can't grow fields of them .

You are allowed to have 30 grams in your possession as long as it is not wrapped for trafficing ( ie weighed , wrapped in tin foil or lil baggys ) .

You are allowed to smoke it as long as you do not share it with anyone .... then it becomes trafficing and that is a criminal offence .

Maximum fine an officer can give you , if he stops you and decides he's going to charge you with possession of weed , is $200 or $300 and they take it away from you , also it does NOT go onto your criminal record .

Medical marijuana is also available at the pharmacy if precribed by a doctor . My buddy has a grandmother that uses it for arthritis and for her eyes .... relieves the pain . I stopped by there one day with him and there she was smoking away .... :huh

I won't lie , when they "lagalized" it , everyone took advantage of the new regulations but now it's been over a year or so and it's like a new trend ... it wore off quickly . But it still pops up once in a while , while "relaxing" at the Ice Hut with my buddies or sitting around at someones camp relaxing . You just gotta play it smart and make sure you're with a good bunch of people .

When I was about 14 or 15 I was on some meds that I couldn't drink any alcohol while taking .... my doctor told me , he'd rather me smoke pot than drink and my dad said the same thing . Hell my dad grew up in the '60s he was in his late teens early 20s at the time . He knows what it's all about and he knows that I've done it . Act responsible and you wont get hurt .

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 01:13 PM
You are allowed to have 30 grams in your possession as long as it is not wrapped for trafficing ( ie weighed , wrapped in tin foil or lil baggys ) .

yeah, its the same way in amsterdam, so i guess you just put it loose in your pocket. or strap the plant to your back. god forbid its in a plastic baggy.:rolleyes:

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Greg, you know the laws very well, any particular reason? JP!

I knew it wasn't legal, just not criminalized like it is in the US.

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 01:29 PM

I knew it wasn't legal, just not criminalized like it is in the US.

wasnt your dad like the mayor and brandons dad the chief of police in your town, i bet you got away with a lot of stuff preston.:macho

Quad18star
09-30-2004, 01:46 PM

I knew it wasn't legal, just not criminalized like it is in the US. HAHHAHA ....... ummm ... welll ... ahhh damn . I've never been charged with possession , but I have been with people that did get fines . It's really a small fine .... $300 is the maximum .... most cops will give you a $100 fine and take your weed away ( so they can go have their fun :rolleyes: ) . I've also seen a lot of cops just say to be careful and not cause any trouble . If you are driving a vehicle though , you will receive fines just like drinking and driving .... take your license away for a few years .

As for the baggy issue .... i meant like the lttle baggys ..... they don't say anything about sandwich size baggys . I don't recommend putting loose stuff in your pocket ...... it's hard to pick the lint out afterwards. :blah:

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 01:54 PM
wasnt your dad like the mayor and brandons dad the chief of police in your town, i bet you got away with a lot of stuff preston.:macho

haha, we just never got caught:blah:

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 01:55 PM
I don't recommend putting loose stuff in your pocket ...... it's hard to pick the lint out afterwards. :blah:

LMAO!

Big400EX
09-30-2004, 04:17 PM
yeah, its the same way in amsterdam, so i guess you just put it loose in your pocket. or strap the plant to your back. god forbid its in a plastic baggy.:rolleyes:

How about you pre-make your blunts before you leave your house?:macho

Quad18star
09-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
How about you pre-make your blunts before you leave your house?:macho But that takes away half the fun of it all . :devil:

But to answers someones question .... yes there is a ton of places to ride . Everything from tight trails to fast.... i mean FAST fire roads. You do have to watch out for the unexpected Logging Truck comming around the corner , or the moose or bear standing in the center of the road . I'd never go riding out there by myself , cuz it's too easy to get off the road and end up hurt pretty badly and i GUARANTEE it would take a LONG time before anyone found you ....... roads and trails going all over the place . :D

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 09:09 PM
well.... after all was said on this thread the main point is that your lake house is pretty kickass looking. i like the water front that comes up to the yard.

Quad18star
09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
well.... after all was said on this thread the main point is that your lake house is pretty kickass looking. i like the water front that comes up to the yard. Thanks .... it will be nice once landscapping and a few renovations are done . But for now it's a great way to get away from the city life and the hustle and bustle of all the cars and crap . Now if only the bank , lawyers and appraisers would get their *** in gear with paperwork .

86350x
10-01-2004, 02:01 AM
Get yourself another snowmobile, Maybe you could show me these FAST area's:cool:

Quad18star
10-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Get yourself another snowmobile, Maybe you could show me these FAST area's:cool: You can take your pick as to which kind of fast areas you want to ride ..... blasting down the endless frozen lakes , breaking trail down one of the many old logging roads , or blazzing down a groomed trail thats as smooth as glass.

I am for sure going to have to buy a new sled ..... the old 89 Formula MX just won't cut it anymore . :devil: Another excuse to buy a newer toy . :D

86350x
10-01-2004, 10:51 AM
You can take your pick as to which kind of fast areas you want to ride ..... blasting down the endless frozen lakes , breaking trail down one of the many old logging roads , or blazzing down a groomed trail thats as smooth as glass.

I am for sure going to have to buy a new sled ..... the old 89 Formula MX just won't cut it anymore . :devil: Another excuse to buy a newer toy . :D

You are located right in sudbary??? If I get time to go that far on a weekend, I'll pm you ahead of time.

Sometimes I have to mogul mash in grand marais or st ignace just for time reasons. But Bilke rides in wawa all of the time. Doesn't even like the u.p. anymore.

Quad18star
10-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Ya I'm located in Sudbury .... the cottage is 2 hours north of here . I can actually ride right from my door here at home , right to the cottage . It takes less than 2 hours because it's mostly all lake running . I met a few guys a couple years back that made it from about 20 minutes outside of town here and got up to the cottage in about 45 minutes . They were all running 700 or 800 cc sleds and were wide open , but it can be done in about an hour and 20 minutes .

I'm about 3 hours away from the Sault Ste Marie border . And yes Wawa has some incredible trails . My parents used to be on the governing body for snowmobiling here in Ontario back in the early 90's when sledding was a BIG thing . My mom has done the Women On Snow run that happens each year , and shes made it down to Eagle River Wisconsin with about 12 other ladies . My parents ahve ridden everywhere , from Wisconsin to the trails in Quebec and all over Ontario and Michigan . They say the best trails are here in my area and in Quebec ..... Quebec has litterally a 4 lane highway for sledding . You dont have to worry about someone comming around a corner either , because the traisl go in one direction only and they have banked corners ... it's like riding on a slot car track .

But yeah let me know if you ever come up this way .

Quad18star
11-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Well we finally took possession of the new place on November 3rd and went up this past weekend to start moving our stuff from one cottage to the next ( they're about a 5 minute walk from eachother) . Well I couldn't really help with moving stuff but I took the camera along and snapped a few pictures .

Quad18star
11-08-2004, 12:47 PM
The ceiling is all finishing in pine , along with the stairway up to the loft .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p62c4dc9c597111b59a48788bbf995bdc/f6542bff.jpg

The living room .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pe6c035bbac4b633a0d0c5c19da97bb38/f6542bfa.jpg

Nice long driveway .... gunna be fun once we get a few feet of snow .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/pde4fdd73c90f2f9de4c900ae106a1185/f6542bf8.jpg

Quad18star
11-08-2004, 12:50 PM
A better view of the lake with less leaves on the trees.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p0a9aeeca6656eb67ab7675877d718787/f6542bf3.jpg

Again

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p3a09f6c3a505b2f4a406d151ec626f05/f6542bed.jpg

Good old woodstove .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p9421e8bd8f88dced308958c741f691ad/f6542bee.jpg

Heres the old place .... up for sale now .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p649ca5a79e8e48f5bdff2c57a8c535dd/f6542bf1.jpg

86350x
11-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Sweet, I wish the place I'm buying had a log cabin on it. They are so cool, just really expensive anymore.:(

Quad18star
11-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Heres my 99 Sunflower GT.... she's a little dirty from the gravel road on the way in . A few times I thought she was gunan get stuck ... it was a little muddy ... but old old girl made it through .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid146/p7ebdd2be6d205f3817a6d31b6c6f497c/f65426cc.jpg

Quad18star
11-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
Sweet, I wish the place I'm buying had a log cabin on it. They are so cool, just really expensive anymore.:(

Ya we had priced out building a log cabin before ..... way too much money . We were lucky when we found this one .... only 2 of the 4 walls are log though .... the front and rear are pressed board . All the logs came off the property that the cottage is built on . The previous owners spent 8 years building it to the condition it is in right now . Still lots of work to be done though .

We're drilling a well and putting in a field bed next summer so we'll have running water . Mom wants to put in a shower and a jacuzzi tub . The floors need to be finished ... right now, you keep your shoes or boots on . Then a few of the walls gotta be done . It'll take a few years , but she'll be nice once it's all finished . We're also getting rid of the wodstove and gunna go with a Oil burning stove ... less hassle .

MY450R
11-08-2004, 02:13 PM
god damn dude you have the longest posts of anyone on here
i cant even read a whole thread without seeing about 20 minutes worth.not that they are bad posts or whatever just that my attention span isnt that long!!
you do happen to have informative post though
not flamin or anything its just that i wanted to read this whole thread but i guess i cant before i get outta work

Quad18star
11-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
i cant even read a whole thread without seeing about 20 minutes worth.not that they are bad posts or whatever just that my attention span isnt that long!!
not flamin or anything its just that i wanted to read this whole thread but i guess i cant before i get outta work

HAHAHA ... Sorry . I just try and put enough information in the posts so that people don't have to ask questions . :devil:

SGA
11-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Hot tub parties, cabins by the lake. You guys suck!:blah:

LTandRaptorider
11-09-2004, 02:18 AM

Hey! shaddup and quit buggin my hot tub buddie! :D I suggest you start readiing Greg's posts earlier in the workday, so as not to cause overtime or leaving late. ;)

Now Greg... you mentioned a 4 person spa... aren't you planning on getting in? :confused: :eek: :p

86350x
11-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Are you going to move out there:confused: And just let your parents visit:confused:

Now you got me wanting a hot tub, thanks alot:ermm:

Quad18star
11-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey! shaddup and quit buggin my hot tub buddie! :D I suggest you start readiing Greg's posts earlier in the workday, so as not to cause overtime or leaving late. ;)

Now Greg... you mentioned a 4 person spa... aren't you planning on getting in? :confused: :eek: :p

You can fit atleast 6 people in a 4 man tub . Didn't you know that Bart?? Me with a girl on my lap , 2 other girls in their own seats , you with a girl on your lap . See it all works out . :devil: :blah:

Are you going to move out there. And just let your parents visit

Nah I'm not moving there .... too far for me to travel to work everyday . LOL 2 hours one direction is too far for me . In a year from now , my parents are moving out there ( once we get water put in ) . I'll be staying in town here , and renting a house .

MY450R
11-09-2004, 10:48 AM
i wasnt trying to be an azzhole ya know just read my post again
btw nice cottage and i need to get me a hottie tub

86350x
11-09-2004, 11:04 AM
How much does it cost to keep the hot tub going year round?:confused:

Quad18star
11-09-2004, 11:36 AM
i wasnt trying to be an azzhole ya know just read my post again
btw nice cottage and i need to get me a hottie tub

Hey man .... don't worry about chit like that ... I know you weren't . I can take constructive critisism well .... and I know I make make most of my replies pretty long .

As far as how much it costs ..... usually a few hundred dollars extra a year on the Hydro bill . It usually gets turned off when we don't use it during the summer ... but winter , we keep it a bit above freezing and when we decide to use it we crank the heat up on it . :D