PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered New Elka Triple Rates

PoopOna400EX
04-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Well, after hearing everyone talk about their new shocks and how much they liked them, I did a little research and decided to order some new Elka Triple Rates and get the Pimp-Mac-Daddy Conversion on the rear.

Hopefully I will like them :)

Now the clock just starts ticking...anxiously awaiting the arrival of these puppies.

I'll let you know how they are once I get them installed.

~Jason.

Ex'r Marlin
04-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Glad to hear this Forum helped you out. It sure helps me!:)

How long is your expected wait?

I hope you enjoy your Elkas as much as I do!!!! Best wishes!

PoopOna400EX
04-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Marlin,

Yes, this site is definitely very helpful! Sounds like you already have the Elka's any problems or issues I should be aware of? Did you notice a big difference from the stockers?

I purchased them from the QuadShop, Jeff there was REALLY helpful and patient in explaining all the details to me.

They should be here in 2-3 weeks. They can do the rear rebuild in 1-3 days once I get it sent in. I just have to find the optimal time to send them in. Don't want to miss too much riding :)

~Jason

ESR250R
04-11-2002, 12:36 PM
dont listen to what they told u over the phone i ordered my triple rates with ssd fronts and dual rate with ssd rear for my 250r 2 1/2 weeks ago. a few days ago i called and asked how my order was doing and he told me that they have twice the order that they are use to and it would take at least another 2 weeks. i told him that i have a race on the 28th and would like to get some practice on them and he (the owner of elka) said he would try to get them out sooner. he told me it would be 2 to 3 weeks as well but now its gonna be 4 to 5 weeks. dont expect 2 to 3 weeks expect 4 to 5 and if they come early suprise yourself.

Ex'r Marlin
04-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Sounds like they are getting backed up. I know they were trying everything they can do to avoid a delay in delivery.

I got mine back in December. Mine came with two metal spacers on each front shock that makes a little noise. Elka recently updated the material to plastic. A couple of my buddies recently recieved their Elkas with this update. Unfortunately, the plastic piece is one "long" piece versus 2 pieces I have. These pieces (spacers) can be removed to set ride height. One spacer is about 3/8" thick and the other is about 1/2" thick. I like the thought of adding or removing the spacers to set ride height a certain riding locations/races. I know you can cut the plastic spacer to what ever dimension you want, but I thought Elka would have them already pre cut.

The only problem I have is that I can't go back to stock shocks..... It is that much of a difference for me. I have done several rides now and several races. Every time I go ride, I enjoy the shocks that much more. It took me 2 rides to get used to. I got the "SSD", which lowered the atv some, got some getting used to. After the 2nd ride, wow! What a huge difference. I'm sure you will like them, especially after you do a couple of rides. I definetly recommend riding them a few times before doing a race.... If possible. I also recommend doing a few rides before you give any feelings or thoughts on them. Again, they are night and day versus your stockers, they get some getting used to..... But the advantage is definetly there!!!

Best wishes PoopOna400ex, and sorry to hear about your delay ESR250R.

cbrown400ex
04-11-2002, 01:11 PM
see my post in suspension advice....

Ordered my shocks exactly two weeks ago and they are coming in today. C&D racing is the way to go. CJ

mrusk
04-11-2002, 02:52 PM
I order front and rear elkas from C and D 3 weeks and 3 days ago. No shocks yet. :(

04-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll be SO HAPPY with them once they are in, that a small delay won't matter to you. I got mine early, but if I had a 2-week delay, no biggie, great stuff and worth the wait, even if a little longer than originally expected.

kabd69667
04-11-2002, 03:57 PM
I got mine in December. It's deffinetly worth the wait. Like exermarlin said, you can take out that silver lookin spacer. Thats what i did to mine. Just hang around a while, you'll love them when they get to you

PoopOna400EX
04-11-2002, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely anxious, but I can wait. My only problem is timing my rear rebuild with the arrival of the fronts. I don't want to run 4 or 5 weeks with my back end sitting down 2" compared to the front. Maybe it wouldn't bother me too much, but seems like it might be awkward.

I'm not sure about C&D, but Jeff treated me well, so I really didn't look anywhere else. Good service is worth more to me, even if I have to wait a bit and pay a little extra. He helped me decide, so I might as well send him the money.

Now if I can just get him to cut me a deal on some AC Pro-Pegs... ;)

PsychoDave
04-11-2002, 05:06 PM
i ordered my elkas 8days ago from c&d raCING AND I GOT THEM TODAY!!!! THEY ARE fat.... I HAD A HE!! OF A TIME MOUNTING THE REZZIES....THE HOSE WAS STIFF.

Ex'r Marlin
04-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Glad to hear you are getting good service with Jeff at the Quad Shop. Good service makes a big difference. I was fortunate to have excellent service with this large investment with Colby at C&D Racing. Sounds like we got some got suppliers out there that want to take care of us!!

I can relate to being anxious, I was there. I personally would send the rear shock as soon as you can, that way if there is any unforseen problem with the rear shock, you won't have a longer delay, my 2 cents. Like Kapd69667 said, and others, it is worth the wait!!:)

Again, I hope all goes well with you, mrusk, and cbrown400ex.

PoopOna400EX
04-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Cool man, thanks for the advice. I'll probably tear that sucker off there this weekend after riding and ship it to them Monday.

~Jason

yellowex01
04-11-2002, 07:47 PM
When I ordered mine from cd racing I had them at my door in 7 days.. Now thats service...

Nausty
04-11-2002, 07:52 PM
WOOHOOO I just got my elka's about 2 hours ago:D my fronts, sent out the rear shock to be converted about 3 or 4 days ago I hope they are here before we go to bussey this weekend.

PoopOna400EX
04-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
WOOHOOO I just got my elka's about 2 hours ago:D my fronts, sent out the rear shock to be converted about 3 or 4 days ago I hope they are here before we go to bussey this weekend.

Cool man, let me know how you like them!

~Jason

racerx573
04-11-2002, 08:06 PM
I've had Elkas on my 250R since August ant I love them. I am going to send my rear to get the Mac Daddy conversion as soon as I have the money!!:D :D