View Full Version : Arizona

allmixedup047
09-29-2004, 10:45 AM
well, i might be moving to arizona sooner than i thought. it will be in the pheonix area. im going to MMI down there for about a year and a half. but thats not the important part, i have to find places to ride. so if anyone could help me out here and tell me some good places to ride in arizona it would be greatly appriciated. and what kind of riding is it? the more mx tracks the better, but i will ride anywhere!

thanks, chris

zephead400ex
09-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey Chris, that's cool man! Going to school...someone has to do it:p No, I've finished my Associates, starting on my Bachelors.

Anyway, I have no idea what to tell you about Arizona but one of our buddies is going to school at MMI in June. He is from Winfield and rides and works at Little Sahara. I can probably hook you guys up so you'll both have a riding buddy.

later

400grl
09-29-2004, 11:21 AM
I know a wee bit about AZ, since I have lived here forever!! :) You will love it!! Riding all year around (if you can stand the heat in the summer!) - lots of tracks around, and Glamis is a short 3 hour trip!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!

To save myself alot of typing, just check out www.gomxracing.com - it's AZ's local MX site - there is track info, numbers, pictures and a forum with a quad section that you can find out any info you want on! :)

allmixedup047
09-29-2004, 11:30 AM
oh god yes!!!
and Glamis is a short 3 hour trip!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!

allmixedup047
09-29-2004, 11:35 AM
and i dont think a lot of people understand the heat up here. i think its the most god awfull heat on the planet. down in arizona the heat is a dry heat, so no humidity. up here its like 100% humidity. 90degrees there feels like 70degrees here. and thats no joke. but the heat down there will melt your dashboard in your car from what i hear.:(

AZblaster44
09-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Yep mid-late summer highs of like 115+ are not unheard of.. but ride in the morning then go relax in the a/c or a pool and your good to go! just stay hydrated:)

sharkinthepool
09-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
oh god yes!!!

What was the "oh god yes" for???

Did you just figure out that was corry shooting the reply back!:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

allmixedup047
09-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Did you just figure out that was corry shooting the reply back!

hahaha......no it was the fact that glamis is 3hours away from where im going to be moving to.

but corry is hot!!!:eek:

sharkinthepool
09-30-2004, 05:46 AM
but corry is hot!!!:eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Nuuutt aaaahhhhh!!!

She is not hot! Glamis what? As soon as her name came up I got double vision????:devil: :eek2:

400grl
09-30-2004, 10:29 AM
You guys are great! :) :) ;)

Yeah....the other cool thing about AZ, is that riding in the summer is great - all the tracks have night practice/racing in the summer now......two years ago we had to suck it up and race in the middle of the day.....but now everyone has realized how much we need the cooler night hours to ride........so.....literally.....riding here all year around is totally do-able!

We also have the Cinders, and Glen Helen is only 5 hours away......so if you want to race the ITP series it's do-able! :)

zephead400ex
09-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
We also have the Cinders, and Glen Helen is only 5 hours away......so if you want to race the ITP series it's do-able! :)

:grr:Chris, your a *******:mad: You are leaving us all up here in the flat lands where there is nothing else to do except sit around and play with ourselves and you go off and get to have the option race ITP series!!!! Does you Dan know about this?:D

Just giving ya chit bro:devil:

Bad Habit
09-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Does you Dan know about this?:D

H3ll, I've already started loading up the toy hauler so I can go out there and visit him. I can hear me now "What a coincidence, Glamis just happens to be 3 hours away, and I just happened to bring along the toy hauler and quads." :macho

hondarider2006
09-30-2004, 12:16 PM
When I get done with High school in about a year and a half, I will be going down to AZ to attend UTI. I was pretty much wondering the same thing about riding, and it looks like I got an answer. I already knew about Glamis, and I am looking forward to that:cool: Its gonna be on helluva change going from AK to AZ....Hottest its ever been up here was 104 on the black top this past summer...115+ is gonna kill me:eek:

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
When I get done with High school in about a year and a half, I will be going down to AZ to attend UTI. I was pretty much wondering the same thing about riding, and it looks like I got an answer. I already knew about Glamis, and I am looking forward to that:cool: Its gonna be on helluva change going from AK to AZ....Hottest its ever been up here was 104 on the black top this past summer...115+ is gonna kill me:eek:

thats the same as MMI. just for cars but its the same people you go through.

riding here all year around is totally do-able!

what.:huh, does that go for the ladies as well?

but anyways, preston, if you bring the "juice" you can come and stay as long as you want.

400grl
09-30-2004, 04:05 PM
UTI is an excellent school - my boyfriend graduated from there and was recruited by the Ferrari race team and Porsche.......if you do really good at UTI and take it seriously, you can go wherever you want, pretty much! :)

I'm sure the summers here are FAR more tolerable than any in AK.....we don't even have bugs here! :) Well - not many, anyway!

LTandRaptorider
09-30-2004, 04:25 PM

I'm sure the summers here are FAR more tolerable than any in AK.....we don't even have bugs here! :) Well - not many, anyway!

but you do have them little nasties like rattlesnakes and scorpions! I was in Tucson about 8 years ago to meet my ex's dad for the first time. Hold on while I have another horrible flashback... Oh the humanity! anyways... I didn't see any snakes or scorpions while I was there, but thought it was pretty cool to see all the little chameleons clinging to the side of the house!

flyin#5
09-30-2004, 07:30 PM

ill see ya at uti then. lol. thats where i plan on going also... at the same time.

from what my gf tells me az has some nice places to ride, some nice tracks, and great trails up by prescott.

hondarider2006
10-01-2004, 12:26 AM
UTI is an excellent school - my boyfriend graduated from there and was recruited by the Ferrari race team and Porsche.......if you do really good at UTI and take it seriously, you can go wherever you want, pretty much! :)

Right on! I plan on taking the Ford FACT(I believe that is what it is called) graduate program, and coming back and working at the same place that I am at right now...just as a mechanic, not a shop *****;)

As far as the bugs go....we just have a **** load of mosquitos...and thats about it:(

allmixedup047
10-01-2004, 05:43 PM
allright........im in. just got done with the meeting with the rep. i will start 2-1-05. i will be moving down in january. its gonna kick ***!!!

gojk
10-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Right on! I plan on taking the Ford FACT(I believe that is what it is called) graduate program, and coming back and working at the same place that I am at right now...just as a mechanic, not a shop *****;)

As far as the bugs go....we just have a **** load of mosquitos...and thats about it:(

I can vouch for the mosquitos up there. I went this summer to help on the Taylor Highway Complex fires.

You will enjoy AZ. It is getting to the good times of the year. Dune Season, and the weather is perfect for riding almost all day long. Hit me up if you ever want to make a trip to Glamis. ME and some friends are trying to find a weekend this month to go.