PDA

View Full Version : who ran Irazrs this past GNCC?

spincr4hire
09-29-2004, 04:52 AM
...how did they do, give us the scoop.

popo
09-29-2004, 06:32 AM
They hook up better than the razr2 in mud and grass. Really launch you and easy to slide in corners.

Tend to wear out faster because of small lugs.

Shawn H
09-29-2004, 08:39 AM
How much faster?
Like how many races on them?
Thanks popo

ex kid
09-29-2004, 10:02 AM
i heard they work well against berms and in ruts because of the side tread.

beak7707
09-29-2004, 10:40 AM
I saw a set that had been raced one time and had little recreational ride time on them that were wore down bad. I guess they dont wear near as well as the other razrs. I was going to get a set of rears until i saw those. Anybody else having them wear out really fast?

Shawn H
09-29-2004, 10:56 AM
I was leaning towards the Irazor too.

But all I HAVE heard is that they wear down fast and that sucks when ya got tireballs and need to send them out when you change tires cuz I dont have the stuff to install them.

BIGBLOCKBILL
09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I bought the tools to change them myself,cost around $200 for everything. Now I can change them myself anytime I need to. The tools will pay for themselves in two changes.

BSTURDIVANT
09-29-2004, 04:53 PM
That was the third race on mine, im still gonna run them the same way this weekend. After that ill turn them around. The performance of the tires are great, highly recommend them!

Rdogg450
09-29-2004, 07:36 PM
I've got 2 scrambles on my Irazrs and i love them.....

they hook up awesome and although my tread is still pretty good i can see where they probably won't last long due to the softness of the tires.:(

EASTHILL
09-30-2004, 09:39 AM
I have about 3 hours on my rears,still looking race worthy.
I can attest to the increased traction and controll over a razr2.
They seem to clean out much faster and i did not exprerience
the hop i would get with the razr2.
I was told to stay away from the ft. irazr.
;)

KILLAQuad
09-30-2004, 10:58 AM
IMO my I's are wearing just as quickly as the 2's..... i have a prob. with going through tires like crazy anyway.... i have 2 scrambles on my I's and they are better than my 2's after 2 so... IMO they hold up the same... they are however softer and maybe in time they will start to wear quciker.... but not yet....

Flynbryan19
09-30-2004, 11:09 AM
I think that its starting to come down to specialized tires like on dirtbikes. Dirtbike tires come in hard terrain, intermediate, and soft/mud terrian. Dirtbikers have known for a long time know that you don't take a soft terrain tire on hard pack, because you can trash them in one day if you ride hard enough and over rugged enough terrain. I think all the choices we're starting to get in tires is great, but its also requiring us now to think about what type of terrain we'll be using them most in, and choose the appropriate tire for said application. ;)

In other words. Buy tires like the I-razor and Razr2 for soft terrain, and tires like the standard Razrs for hard pack/intermediate.

popo
10-01-2004, 06:30 AM
Here is a couple of pics of mine after two races and about ten hours of riding. The front lug is rounded just a bit.

I am totally sold on them and don't plan on going back to Razr2 rears.

popo
10-01-2004, 06:30 AM

KILLAQuad
10-01-2004, 09:41 AM
you must not have too much tire spin... i ran 2 races on mine and my Side lugs are CHEWED up pretty well... Just like my 2's.... ill see if i can get a pic of mine....;)

Rico
10-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by KILLAQuad
you must not have too much tire spin... i ran 2 races on mine and my Side lugs are CHEWED up pretty well... Just like my 2's.... ill see if i can get a pic of mine....;)

I think he just called popo a slow poke.....:eek:

BOONE450R
10-01-2004, 10:48 AM
thats what i thought to.:blah:

popo
10-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I think he just called popo a slow poke.....:eek:

Based on my results I would have to agree :D

Shawn H
10-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Speaking of results since you brought it up :D

How come 5 races out of all your races ya only did 1 lap? Does your quad break down that often or is it just dumb luck? Just curious

Wish I could make every GNCC:(

Flynbryan19
10-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm

How come 5 races out of all your races ya only did 1 lap? Does your quad break down that often or is it just dumb luck? Just curious

Ouch! :eek:

I don't know if I would've been THAT bold...... :)

popo
10-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm

It's the idiot behind the handle bars fighting muscle cramping, not breathing.

Where working on the issue with the rapid muscle fatigue.

KILLAQuad
10-03-2004, 04:15 PM
THATS NOT WHAT I MENT.........:huh

I just eat tires up bad for some reason and cant figure it out and he said that he had 2 races on his and after one Schramble i ROUNDED mine off like crazy....

Although i havent had any POPOs catch me yet.....:devil:

J/K;)