PDA

View Full Version : 250r clutch problem

beak7707
09-28-2004, 11:05 PM
My clutch started to not disengage, so i took the cover off and noticed my basket was chattered. I put a new Hinson basket in and with the cabel fully adjusted on the lever and the motor it still pulls. I change my oil all the time and the other parts in there looked good. Should i look into the 89 clutch update or what should I do?

spliffy
09-29-2004, 07:32 AM
I would put in the 89 clutch update & also buy new fibers & springs & a new cable. Just buy stock fibers & springs, you can get them from ESR or a Honda shop.

beak7707
09-29-2004, 10:26 AM
If the fibers were bad wouldnt it be slipping? I'm running heavy duty springs, should I go back to stock?

spliffy
09-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Yes, but as my own rule... whenever I replace a basket, I replace everything.. deff get the 89 update kit & try going back to stock springs, I don't think the springs should matter...I have stiffer springs in mine & no problems. Mine did the same thing as yours is doing & I took it apart & my basket was grooved real bad & the fibers didn't look all that bad, I replaced everything though & did the update kit & new cable & it was perfect then.

beak7707
09-29-2004, 07:26 PM
I just ordered a 89 update kit so ill be back in there and check everything out. If the fibers were wore out wouldnt the clutch slip, instead of pull all the time?