PDA

View Full Version : REV BOX Question....

frogburner
09-28-2004, 07:11 PM
In your alls opinion, What do you think the best rev box is for the 400.. MY Project 440 is under way, and with carrillo rod , port&polish, oversized vales, black diamond springs, and wiseco 12.5 :1 piston, I believe it is time to install aftermarket rev-box.. What do you all think.. Also, what should I adjust my valves to with a HOTCAMS Stage 2?? Possible in 2 weeks, I may be able to turn the key and hit the start button..

cals400ex
09-28-2004, 10:13 PM
valve adjustment for stage 2:

.005 intake and .006 exhaust

who did your porting and larger valves? did you go larger on intake and exhaust or just intake?

for rev box, most say the best are gt thunder or TC. i went with the gt thunder because it advances your timing too and it was a bit cheaper. if you want something more, you can get a dyna or msd.

EPDP99
09-28-2004, 10:17 PM
I have the big gun and have been very pleased. Mine also advances cure. with the dyna you can have 4 curves including stock one and change in between them, but kind of pricey.

Rico
09-29-2004, 07:55 AM
GT Thunder hands down.

Laz offers more than just 1 type of CDI, unlike all other companies. Contact him and tell him what your motor setup is and type of racing/riding you do and he'll hook you up with the proper CDI....:cool:

hondarider2006
09-29-2004, 11:55 AM
I have a Magnum rev box, and after they replaced my 1st one that blew out in about 20 minutes, I have had 0 problems with it. Not even cold starts;)

frogburner
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
valve adjustment for stage 2:

.005 intake and .006 exhaust

who did your porting and larger valves? did you go larger on intake and exhaust or just intake?

for rev box, most say the best are gt thunder or TC. i went with the gt thunder because it advances your timing too and it was a bit cheaper. if you want something more, you can get a dyna or msd.

C & D Racing are doing my porting and my valves, I only went bigger on the Intake side, I thought with the stage 2 cam, I would pull with more torque by leaving the stock diameter exhaust and a little larger intake.. I dont know,, Guess I will find out..

cals400ex
09-29-2004, 10:31 PM
i didn't know gt thunder had different boxes. i have one of his and i am really pleased with it so far. i dont know which one i have though since i guess he offers more than one.

quadrider400
09-30-2004, 02:16 AM
I have a BIG GUN and am very happy with it.... Just be sure and stay AWAY from White Bros.... what a POS...... By the time I got my quad started I did not have to warm it up... just have 3 batteries ready.... :eek2:

BIG GUN fixed the problem....:D