PDA

View Full Version : thumb throttle on sport bike

quadingdude23
09-28-2004, 03:55 PM
i was wondering if you can get a thumb throttle an a race rocket or sport bike. the reason i am asking is because i am not very good at twist throttle and with the thumb throttle i would feel right at home.

derekhonda
09-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Just learn how to ride with a twist, it isnt hard. :rolleyes:

JDiablo
09-28-2004, 04:04 PM
maybe he will feel more comfortable riding with a thumb,i no i sure as hell would,if there is something that can convert it,ill DEF get a streetbike,but i no i will kill myself,to tempting to do stupid stuff

Big400EX
09-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Just learn how to ride with a twist, it isnt hard. :rolleyes:

He was asking if it could be done, not your smartass comment that has no help in this at all.:rolleyes:

Try searching on Ebay buddy, I looked quick but didn't see anything.

derekhonda
09-28-2004, 04:33 PM
If having a thumb throttle was something plausible, and made more sense than having a twist, dont you think the engineers would have designed them with a thumb throttle? hey, my truck, i dont like having to push the pedals with my feet, do you guys know where i can get a voice activated accelerator so all i have to say is "Go"

Jesus you guys are ****ing stupid, learn how to use what they give you, or else stay off of them period...

I-7
09-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Twist throttles are on motorcycles for a reason. It would be very unsafe and akward with a thumb throttle. You just have to get used to it. It is not hard at all.

derekhonda
09-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Twist throttles are on motorcycles for a reason. It would be very unsafe and akward with a thumb throttle. You just have to get used to it. It is not hard at all.

I like you.

Big400EX
09-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Lmao, I dont have a problem with twist throttles in fact there pretty fun. Im just saying that you didn't have to come back with that dumbass comment on how your supposed absoulutely use twists.

Chill...

derekhonda
09-28-2004, 05:23 PM
you are, supposed to absolutely use a twist though, can you imagine taking a 60 mile road trip holding your thumb steady, thats just one of the reasons why it would not be smart.

I-7
09-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Also on bikes it requires you to lean the whole bike into a turn and it is very dangerous leaning and trying to keep steady with a thumb throttle and turn at the same time.... you get the point though ;)

bluebaron
09-28-2004, 05:35 PM
That would be nice.

Did anybody here about that guy in minnesota that got pulled over for a doing 205 mph!!!! on his crotch rocket, just so you know it was a honda:D,

thats just asking for it

Big400EX
09-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by bluebaron
That would be nice.

Did anybody here about that guy in minnesota that got pulled over for a doing 205 mph!!!! on his crotch rocket, just so you know it was a honda:D,

thats just asking for it

Yeah I heard about him. Pretty brave if you ask me =D

JR3
09-28-2004, 06:27 PM
pretty stupid if u ask me puttin others peoples lifes at risk

SSracingNY
09-28-2004, 07:12 PM
i had thumb on my dirt bike for a day. i liked it but for the track i def. like twist better. idk why but i was a lot faster with the twist. ive ridden thumb all my life but like it was said before twist on a bike is put on for a reason. now i know you said street bike. twist isnt hard at all. now if you were a woods guy always turning back and forth then MAYBE thumb would work

09-28-2004, 08:13 PM
i had no expeirence at all on a twist throttle then i installed one and it was an awesome choice took me about a tamk of gas to get used to it and now i love it. they're really fun. it seems like i can jump a lot better wiht it on:macho

Regular_Joe
09-29-2004, 07:00 AM
He was clocked w/ a stopwatch from a airplane. So innacurrate its just plain stupid. He was lucky to even be going 175 if that. RC51s just aren't that fast, and he had no mods. Most Busas aren't even that fast. Obviously he was speeding though. His dad is the local sherrif .... go figure.

sharkinthepool
09-29-2004, 07:11 AM
This took a harsh turn right off the bat!

Early on someone said that if it would have been more plaiable the engineer would have designed it! It is not the idea of the engineer designing it that way it has been done! It is the idea of the D.O.T. letting it get to the market. After testing they found that peoples thumbs cramped up to bad on long rides and caused to much fatigue.

It can be done and probably would not be that bad on a crotch rocket but not a good idea ion a cruiser.

You yourself could probably do it with a little modification to a thumb throttle from a larger sport utility!

Juggalo
09-29-2004, 12:16 PM
i say just use the twist..its not hard to get the hang of and im sure after you try it for a while you'll be glad you didnt ever get a thumb throttle. i have rode my friends rockets before and i dont even wanna think about putting a thumb on there. give it a try and you'll see :)