PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Saftey Thing

r-exrider0003
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Ok so i think my clutch safty switch (like when i pull in the clutch)is broke, because itll turn over but it wont actually start....any way i need to kno what people do with these to wires when they buy an aftermarket clutch and perch??????i just bought a new kill switch so i dont wanna ruin it .....thanks

chucked
09-28-2004, 03:54 PM
if it was the safety switch in the clutch it wouldnt even turn over

PATTE440
09-30-2004, 11:20 AM
the clutch safety is to keep you from starting the quad in gear with the clutch not pulled in. if its in gear and you dont pull in the clutch it wont turn over. if you wire it out then the quad will crank in gear with clutch out.

r-exrider0003
09-30-2004, 04:10 PM
I know what it is for, i need to know what to do with the 2 wires once i get an after market clutch and perch that dosent have the hook up for these 2 wires......on A previous post some one said to wire them together, and i didnt want to do that with out a few more opinions so i dont mess this up

PATTE440
09-30-2004, 05:28 PM
put them together and tape em up if you dont then you will not be able to start in gear even with clutch pulled in

quadkrazy400ex
10-01-2004, 05:43 PM
its called a neutral safety switch, and when i put on an ez pull clutch lever/perch, i just took the 2 wires comming out of the stock perch and soldered them together and then put some heat shrink over them to keep out the water. if you going to put the wires together, do it right itll help in the long run. by doing this you can start the engine whenever you want to, even with the clutch out and it in gear, (which is bad on the starter):blah:

and also, if its turning over and not starting then you have a different problem because if the neutral safety switch was bad, then it wouldnt even try to start....nothin would happen

are u sure u hooked up the kill switch right? because thats what mine does if i dont have the clip on the killswitch in.

r-exrider0003
10-03-2004, 09:26 AM
And that worked fine????so did you cut the the prongs off and then soder it or just did it like that? Has any one else done this? so would splicing the wires and puting them in a lil electric conecter with electrical tape work?

quadkrazy400ex
10-03-2004, 04:14 PM
just cut off the prongs, strip the wires, twist em together, solder them, use some heatshrink, and forget about it....its not a big deal, took me 5 minutes

as far as electrical tape, i do not recommend it, use something that will block out water, as in liquid electrical tape stuff or heat shrink.