PDA

View Full Version : What Is this For???

Quad18star
09-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Alright while I was sitting around in the garage today , I was looking at the swingarm on my YFZ450 . Anyways , as I was observing it , I noticed a bolt that was screwed into the swingarm .

This bolt is located on the left side ( if you're looking at it from the back) and is right in front of the chain adjustment bolt . So between the chain adjustment and the swingarm linkage if you look at it from the back .

I didn't get to check it out really well because I'm not able to bend down with my cast but I did stretch out enough to feel and it seems as though the bolt goes right through .

Is this bolt for a skid plate hook up? Did I lose something? Or is it just extra weight? ( I'm guessing it serves some purpose) .

theTman
09-28-2004, 02:33 PM
chain slider/guide??:confused:

Quad18star
09-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Don't think thats what its for cuz it's offset from the chain a good 1 1/2 inches .

Anyone???????

Dodge 1 Ton
09-28-2004, 10:22 PM
There are two bolts that hold the factor skid plate on each side. The stock YFZ comes with a two piece skid plate. You are proably seeing the one bolt head. There should be another one hidden by the sprocket.