PDA

View Full Version : Any riders from Idaho out there???

QuadJunkies
04-10-2002, 10:19 PM
I am a newbie to this forum. I am from Idaho,and Im always looking for new places and people to ride with. Any ideas.... send them my way!!:D

twisted threads
04-12-2002, 04:36 AM
Im not from Idaho but been to the dunes there, they rock! Welcome to the forums!:)

seven
04-12-2002, 09:45 AM
I am from idaho and we go riding almost every weekend.We mostly do mx and run pro quad at the omc track. We also have a shop here that makes a arms,swing arms, steering stems and any quad maintanance that you need. Seven13@mindspring.com

QuadJunkies
04-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Hey seven~ We are very curious where your shop is and the name of it?Im wondering if we may already know you!!:)We havent been out to OMC yet,but would like to. We have such busy schedules we havent had the time to put in the 40 hrs. yet. We like to ride out at pickle butte, and hemmingway or pleasant valley when we dont have a lot of time to ride.We are heading to the dunes in Weiser this wk end.Weather permitting....

QuadJunkies
04-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Hey twisted Threads~ Just wondering... How do you like your "yoshi pipe?"We also have "yoshi" on our 300ex and on our 400ex. We love Yoshi!!! I also the the sound!!!! Overall we feel we made the right choice,dont get me wrong White Brothers is good too, but Yoshi rocks! :)

seven
04-12-2002, 03:35 PM
The shop is called Pro performance racing. I havent been able to ride much this year becouse of knee surgery. SO i have been sidelined for about another 3 months. If it has to do with quad racing i am usually around. I run #32 on a 250r and before that i had a red and white banshee with the #32.We do quad wars, ice races,mx and flat track. righ now we are making anti-vibe chrome-oly steering stems. What day are you going to weiser?

QuadJunkies
04-12-2002, 11:53 PM
Hey Seven~ we are going up on sun. to Weiser sand dunes .I hope it doesnt get nasty that day!:( .We thought you were AOG Motorsports.So you have a 250r huh? We are yet to see one in the Boise area.How long have you been riding quads?We are new to the quad world. I swore i would never get on one, then for X-mas, I decided to buy one for my husband, and he showed me how to ride.... and now im HOOKED!!! :) I only wish I had more time to ride.WE are almost set up for quads for the whole family. We have one on order for our 5 year old for his b-day.We will now have 4 quads,had to buy a 14 ft. atv trailer..so now were set for VACATION!!!Bum deal on the knee man...... Are you out for awhile? Did you do it racing?

twisted threads
04-13-2002, 01:01 AM
Quadjunkies I to love the yoshi system, I had a WB E-series but the yoshi is a better pipe for me and the sound is awsome. I got the T.E.C. end caps also so you can go loud to Quiet in 5 min. The dunes over here you must be under 93db sound level. Have you been to St. Anthony sand dunes??

That does suck about the knee Seven, I was told Tuesday that I need knee surgery and I not to happy about that.:(
I will see how to get out of it some way.

QuadJunkies
04-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Twisted Threads~ no, we havent been to the dunes at St.Anthonys yet.We are going in the middle of june for days.Cant wait!!! We are going to the dunes in Weiser tomorrow.(they are no comparrison). I hear the Weather is going to suck!:( I swear every day off i get ....its crappy.Wewere hold by Honda that the yoshi was well within the sound db. for the dunes, although i have to wonder. They are pretty loud and throaty.I guess we better get more info. on it before we headtoSt. Anthonys.Man that sucks!!!... surgery for you to,huh?My Husband is trying to avoid surgery on his rotary cap.Hope you can get out of it :)

twisted threads
04-18-2002, 03:52 AM
How was your ride? I don't think that there is a sound law at St.Anthonys dunes but with the Yoshi pipe you will be ok. The dunes at St.Antony are the biggest I have ever seen.

And I don't think I will get out of that knee surgery hurts BAD!:(
Trust me im fighting it all I can

QuadJunkies
04-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Twisted Threads.~ Weiser was ride awesome!!! :) Ive been dying to go riding for weeks now.As far as the weather, we hit one bad storm driving up, so we stopped in Payette for awhile, then it was blue skies from there!The only bad part of the day was, WE GOT A FLAT ON OUR TRAILER! and being it was a sun. no one open to fix.SO, we had to leave the quads and trailer at my parents in Fruitland.(that is where we discovered we had a flat).our spare cant pull that much weight. So, the next day we went and bought all new tires and a better spare, and drove back to pick the trailer and quads up.We have our dates for the ST. Anthoy ride.APril 15,16 and 17. Im so excited to go!!! I have to get paddles for my 300 ex and for the kasea 90 of my daughters.Glad to hear there is no sound ordinance in St Anthonys.Hey buy the way... what is t.e.c. end caps?Just curious.About your knee... bad times man... Did you injure it riding?Hang in there :cool:

twisted threads
04-20-2002, 12:07 AM
The T.E.C. end caps are caps that go into the end of the yoshi pipe. There are 3 of them, Loud(stock), Med, and Quiet. I got them from denton racing. And about my knee, no I wasn't riding It just stated bothering me again, bad about 2 months ago. I think I hert it playing to much basketball the last 5 years. It will be a fast surgery will up and running after week of the surgery.

And for St. Anthony dunes have fun it is a blast!! Where are you guys staying at? I heard that there is a new camping spot opening up there that is closer to the BIG dunes. I wish I could go but I dont think me or the wife can get the time off work. Next year hopefully. It is a to long of a drive to go just for a weekend.

QuadJunkies
04-20-2002, 11:03 AM
Twisted Threads~~ We really lucked out on lodging, our neighbor,and freind who is also going, is a mgr. of a few hotels here boise, called up in Rexberg to get us good rates, not only did we get good rates, but we are staying for free :) :) We werent sure how quick the camp grounds fill up, so we decided first trip up, we will stay in Rexberg.Glad to hear your surgery isnt too major, i asy get it over with ,so you can start feelin better soon!! :) Ithink i will do some checking on the t.e.c. caps here in boise too. That would be good to have ,just in case.have you heard how good the Skat Trak edge ll tires are in the sand?I have looked until im blue in the face,and thoguht over all, these were the best? what do you think?Well, maybe next year we could all go up duning.....Oh ,by the way... how much did you pay for the t.e.c. caps???

Hellrazor_55
03-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Exactly were is Weizer. I dont have a quad but i have lots of friends who ride and i am thinking about getting one. Need to know some good spots to ride.

QuadJunkies
03-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Hellrazor_55
Exactly were is Weizer. I dont have a quad but i have lots of friends who ride and i am thinking about getting one. Need to know some good spots to ride. its buy Farewell Bend in Ore side,but you have to go through Weiser Idaho to get there,do you know where Farewell Bend is? If your all from Wash. this is too far to drive to play for a day in.. Its very small dunes here,I would make the trip to Ore coast first if I were you,but St. Anthonys is nice riding up here ...I just dont know if that far a drive for you and your rineds is worth your drive...;)