PDA

View Full Version : Help adaware it just keeps coming back!

cool 300ex
09-28-2004, 05:31 AM
Yeah just a fe wdays ago i went to a site to get buddy icons and i started getting all these pop up ad's then turns out to be adaware. My Mcafee antispyware which i sgood for adaware to deletes it. Then i can come back in about 4 hours and it will be back on there again. I don't know what to do please help.

Pungohboy
09-28-2004, 07:00 AM
The sites with Smileys and buddy Icons are very well known for spyware. I recomend trying adaware and spybot to get rid of all the stuff. The Mcaffee is not doing the job aparently. But you should just be careful where you visit that is the number 1 reason of spyware. Also any peer to peer sharing programs are full of it (Kazza, bearshare....) Good luck on getting rid of all that junk.

Bush0102
09-28-2004, 07:09 AM
the adaware does a really good job. I had my computer 3 days and it found 47 objects to delete. After you run the program its amazing how much that spyware crap slows your computer down. Adaware is free, but im not sure of the website...

hondamxer161
09-28-2004, 09:17 AM
you can get adaware and spybot on download.com

i would reccomend spybot over adaware. pop up blocker is good to have too.

and if you want a browser that is spyware/adware proof go to mozilla.org and download firefox, and then use it all the time instead of IE or netscape.

mike

cool 300ex
09-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by hondamxer161
you can get adaware and spybot on download.com

i would reccomend spybot over adaware. pop up blocker is good to have too.

and if you want a browser that is spyware/adware proof go to mozilla.org and download firefox, and then use it all the time instead of IE or netscape.

mike

Ok hook me up with a linka fte ri get rid of theis adaware i am going to try thme because IE is BS!!!

Regular_Joe
09-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Adware = all the popup / spyware programs
Adaware = program that removes popup / spyware from your computer

Adaware can be found at lavasoft.com I believe. Its very popular and you can't miss it.

Pungohboy
09-29-2004, 06:45 PM
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ Adaware
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html Spyboy
http://www.mozilla.org/ Firefox

I really dont have too much trouble now that I primarly run linux but i use firefox on both linux and windows. Like I said before Do both spybot and adware because I have found that running one the other will usually find something else.

LazeR
09-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Spybot search and destroy is one of the best spyware removers i have used! and i just started using firefox and love it! Very good programs!

hondamxer161
10-01-2004, 09:05 AM
I would just be careful having adaware and spy bot at the same time, as i have heard of conflicts running one when the other is installed, but have not seen this myself.
yeah firefox is the best

mike

Pungohboy
10-01-2004, 09:45 AM
I have yet to have a problem with them both. I used both succesfully in removing over ten thousand different instances of spyware off a friends computer that his daughter had loaded limewire on. It took plenty of time and a few files to be copied from the xp cd to the machine but I got it done with no program problems. I have also used both on other peoples machines with no problems. not saying that it wont happen it could have been other conflicts with software.