PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Predator?

MXRACER86
09-27-2004, 10:35 PM
I am intrested in the new 2005 predators? Has anybody rode any? If so how do you like them? I am doing motocross and I want a predator. I want a predator because it's different. Everybody and there mothers have the new 450's. So how is the predator for motorcross?

BlueZ440
09-27-2004, 10:54 PM
WAY TO HEAVY.

QuadJunkies
09-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
I am intrested in the new 2005 predators? Has anybody rode any? If so how do you like them? I am doing motocross and I want a predator. I want a predator because it's different. Everybody and there mothers have the new 450's. So how is the predator for motorcross? Have you ever rode one before??? They are a handful on a track, I know of several peeps that the weight doesnt seem to bother them any,you can DEF feel a difference but everyone has there preference onb what feels good to them.... I can give you some info of some riders who race MX who do VERY well on them... If we could do it all over again it would be a YFZ in my Garage :D but thats just us and they didnt have much out when we bought ours. Still all and all, the 05 seems to have some nice changes to it :)

Flynbryan19
09-30-2004, 05:54 AM
Coming from another Pred owner, if your wanting to be different....go with a Cannondale. :( I like my Pred, and I do think its a good quad, but for Mx its just too big and too heavy. If your just interested in getting out there and having a good time, then go for it. But if your really wanting to be competative, and not be at a disadvantage from the get go you really need to have either one of the 450's or a Cannondale.

Good quad, just not a true mx racer.

nemesis
09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
There is a reason everyone is using the 450's for MX and that is because that is what they are meant for.

Try to find someone with a Pred and ride it. If you can handle the weight, ride height and you feel comfortable then get it b/c it has a lot of power. I hated riding the Pred that I rode and it already had shocks, exhaust, cam and rev kit. It was a lot faster than my quad on the pavement but the power band was similar to a banshee so it whould just spin on the dirt. It is one hell of a machine on sand paddles.