PDA

View Full Version : anyone that buys a dodge is retarded

chucked
09-27-2004, 07:59 PM
dodge problems in my family:
my '98 neon - blown head gasket at 50k miles (before i got it), exhaust-header gasket blown 60k miles, sunroof died 63k miles, passenger side power window died at 62k miles, reoccuring check engine light (wont go away cant figure out what the problem is) (bought at 50 k miles)

dad's 2001 intrepid (just over 11k miles on it)- numerous recalls concerning the seat bracketry, ignition problem in cylinder 5 at 5k miles, again at 6k miles, again at 7k miles, cylinder 1 random misfire (or something) at 9 k miles. (bought new)

mom's 99 ram 1500 - numerous brake and rear problems (dont know what, they were covered under warranty) something with the booster and the rear made a horrible noise, but not sure of anything else weve h ad it a year and have put 2k miles on it. (bought 59k miles)

sisters '93 geo prizm (chevy) - timing belt replaces at 129 k miles, other drive belts replaces at 220k miles (bought new)

GO CHEVY!!!!

note: does not include routine maint. (brakes, tires, oil changes, tune ups etc...)

just had to vent, ive been taking apart the sun roof for the past 1.5 hrs to it will be closed for the t.s. coming this way

LsMxRaCeR
09-27-2004, 08:02 PM
your just to hard on stuff

dodge all the way

dirtyboy88
09-27-2004, 08:04 PM
dont get me wrong (im a chevy man) but opions are like arseholes , everyone has them. Its all about how u treat it anyway

09-27-2004, 08:15 PM
dodge > you

i have a 2000 dakota...at 52k....runs strong, havent had a thing wrong with it. but then again...i take care of my stuff. how often do you hear about these problems with all these modles? not often. odds are your doing something wrong...heres a tip for the family, do the opposite of what youve been doing and maybe you can get a car to last a bit longer without having problems:)

FourFiftyFour
09-27-2004, 08:26 PM
i know that one year or so of the dodge rams had horrible trannys....the company my dad works for bought like 25 of them (same model and specs) and 21 of the trannys went bad in a year

SRH
09-27-2004, 08:42 PM
dodge= polaris---junk
ford=honda---reliable
chevy=yamaha---performance
toyota=ktm---sounds about right
nissan=kawi/suzuki--yea

thats how i always associate them lol

Dannys400ex
09-27-2004, 08:57 PM
one word for ya HEMI

spud400ex
09-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LsMxRaCeR
dodge all the way

Originally posted by dirtyboy88
dont get me wrong (im a chevy man) but opions are like arseholes , everyone has them. Its all about how u treat it anyway

hahaha, very true

Quad18star
09-27-2004, 09:08 PM
We used to have an 86 Dodge Ram .... when we sold it to my uncle , it has over 200 000 miles .... he used the truck in his logging company for 4 years afterwards so up until 1998 and retired it because the seats were all torn up .

We now have a 94 dodge Ram with about 250 000 miles on it ..... and it still runs strong . Never had to do any engine work , nor did we have to replace transmissions like everyone says the Dodges are known for .

They've pretty much got me sold on which kind of truck I'm gunna buy . :D

chucked
09-27-2004, 09:10 PM
your just to hard on stuff

WTF run what hard? i run the sunroof hard, and the passenger side window?? (i hardly have passengers) my father is in his 50's and drives 5 miles to work. my mother (also in her 50's) drives it to her horse farm about 20 miles away on sunday's. my sister runs the piss outta that thing 7 days a week. I drive my neon on the highway 95% of the time at 65 mph.

DODGE IS JUNK!!!!!! i think they make the best lookin cars out there but they are just junk.

2 pieces of plastic (about 1/8" thick by 1" long) is what connects the mechanism to the cable that goes to the motor, one of them broke. wtf? GOD DAMN ENGINEERS!

chucked
09-27-2004, 09:13 PM
this reminds me of something else. I wish they made cars like they used to. I dont want to have to remove 200 lbs of plastic to change an alternator. I had an '88 s-10, took about 10 mins to replace the alternator, maybe 25 for the water pump. everything is right there.

chucked
09-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SRH
dodge= polaris---junk
ford=honda---reliable
nissan=kawi/suzuki--yea

i like it

chucked
09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
i know that one year or so of the dodge rams had horrible trannys....the company my dad works for bought like 25 of them (same model and specs) and 21 of the trannys went bad in a year

i believe it was '99, but it wasnt the tranny it was the rear, something to do with the anti-slip not working properly????? it started screwin up a week after we got it and that was a year ago. I dont believe it was a big deal, it was in and out in a few hrs.

chucked
09-27-2004, 09:19 PM
I wish honda would make a truck

Quad18star
09-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by chucked
this reminds me of something else. I wish they made cars like they used to. I dont want to have to remove 200 lbs of plastic to change an alternator. I had an '88 s-10, took about 10 mins to replace the alternator, maybe 25 for the water pump. everything is right there.

No word of a lie to you , but when I worked at a gas station / service center , the mechanic was doing work on a car and had the whole right front end of the car apart . I can't remember the car type but it was an import . I asked him what he was doing to the front end , thinking maybe he was doing a drive axle or something and he told me he was changing the alternator ....... 8 hours of labour to change it . I about chit myself when he told me that .

All these new cars with sensors , and wires comming out of every square inch of the motor ..... hell I work on the 340 Cuda I have sitting in the garage and the thing is so simple .... plus I don't have to hook it up to a computer to find out why the damn thing won't start ( if that were to happen ) :blah:

Ralph
09-27-2004, 09:28 PM
i think hondas are more like toyotas, toyotas last for ever.

Ralph
09-27-2004, 09:29 PM
dodge problems in my family:
my '98 neon - blown head gasket at 50k miles (before i got it), exhaust-header gasket blown 60k miles, sunroof died 63k miles, passenger side power window died at 62k miles, reoccuring check engine light (wont go away cant figure out what the problem is) (bought at 50 k miles)

dad's 2001 intrepid (just over 11k miles on it)- numerous recalls concerning the seat bracketry, ignition problem in cylinder 5 at 5k miles, again at 6k miles, again at 7k miles, cylinder 1 random misfire (or something) at 9 k miles. (bought new)

mom's 99 ram 1500 - numerous brake and rear problems (dont know what, they were covered under warranty) something with the booster and the rear made a horrible noise, but not sure of anything else weve h ad it a year and have put 2k miles on it. (bought 59k miles)

Ummm, you bought three so does that make u a retard*3?

chucked
09-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
No word of a lie to you , but when I worked at a gas station / service center , the mechanic was doing work on a car and had the whole right front end of the car apart . I can't remember the car type but it was an import . I asked him what he was doing to the front end , thinking maybe he was doing a drive axle or something and he told me he was changing the alternator ....... 8 hours of labour to change it . I about chit myself when he told me that .

All these new cars with sensors , and wires comming out of every square inch of the motor ..... hell I work on the 340 Cuda I have sitting in the garage and the thing is so simple .... plus I don't have to hook it up to a computer to find out why the damn thing won't start ( if that were to happen ) :blah:

i fear the day my neon's alternator goes up, **** it im gonna sell it when it does. i will have to drop the tie rods, undo the engine brackets and lower the engine onto the ground to get it out. its probably just as hard as changing a transmission

(2K POSTS!!!!)

Quad18star
09-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Gotta love compact cars .

I had a problem with the sunroof on my 99 Sunfire GT early in the spring . The damn thing wouldn't close completly and would leave about a 1 1/2 inch gap . Sure enough the day it screwed up , that night it decided it was gunna rain . I got out there with the Duct tape and fixed that baby up real well . Duct tape fixes everything :devil:

The next day , I pushed the button to close it and it did without a problem ...... I really gotta get rid of this car now . There's a weird sound comming from the front end . Sounds like a wheel bearing is getting chewed up .... YAY for me $400 to change a damn wheel bearing . I already did the one side :grr:

chucked
09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Ummm, you bought three so does that make u a retard*3?

no my father bought the intrepid, my mom's van (dodge) blew up so she got the neon, then i got hit in my s-10 so i had to take the neon and she bought the ram. I cant afford a car payment right now with college and the insane amt of work it has.

allmixedup047
09-27-2004, 11:59 PM
hmmmm, my buddies 2000 dodge 1500 is in getting a new trany cause his went out at 60,000miles. the auto trany's suck on the dodges but my uncle has a 97 dakota 5 speed that he drive a tank of gas through everyday and he has haf no problems with it. oh well, GET A FORD!!!

derekhonda
09-28-2004, 01:23 AM
My dodge runs just fine, 105 k miles too, sucky gas mileage, but ill take it over any of the big 3 any day

kwatts400
09-28-2004, 02:34 AM
I wish honda would make a truck

Check Hondas website out. They have a prototype out, it should be out in a few years!

sharkinthepool
09-28-2004, 05:37 AM
Well I do not know what to tell you brother! I think it is all luck on which one you pick out.

I know the trucks had terrible trans problems for a "few" years (auto's) but other than that I have not heard to much about them, except for that neon you got.
I drive 48miles one way to work everyday. I used to have one of those un-stoppable ford f-150's (94) that litterakky had 200,000 miles on it. But gas got so expensive I could not drive it Oh yeah I purchased it with 2,100 on it (replaced the serpentine belt once a year).
Then I got a NEON. Great gas milage (average 40/mpg). But they do have there problems!!! That head gasket my brother is a given on a NEON. Done mine twice now! But for 40/mpg I will keep doing it too!

Don't get me wrong the quad hauler is still sitting at home attached to the 2003 Ranger. With the price of gas right now that is all it gets used for.

My .02 cents.
Good luck man.

popo
09-28-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Dannys400ex
one word for ya HEMI

That's an over rated pos that can't pull like the rest
of the over rated gas trucks that Dodge claims to have.

Drive it for 1 year and loose almost 20% in trade vaule vs Chevy or ford.

Bobbs07
09-28-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
dodge > you

i have a 2000 dakota...at 52k....runs strong, havent had a thing wrong with it. but then again...i take care of my stuff. how often do you hear about these problems with all these modles? not often. odds are your doing something wrong...heres a tip for the family, do the opposite of what youve been doing and maybe you can get a car to last a bit longer without having problems:)

I would hope you wouldnt have problems with something with 52,000 miles:huh

chucked
09-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
Well I do not know what to tell you brother! I think it is all luck on which one you pick out.

I know the trucks had terrible trans problems for a "few" years (auto's) but other than that I have not heard to much about them, except for that neon you got.
I drive 48miles one way to work everyday. I used to have one of those un-stoppable ford f-150's (94) that litterakky had 200,000 miles on it. But gas got so expensive I could not drive it Oh yeah I purchased it with 2,100 on it (replaced the serpentine belt once a year).
Then I got a NEON. Great gas milage (average 40/mpg). But they do have there problems!!! That head gasket my brother is a given on a NEON. Done mine twice now! But for 40/mpg I will keep doing it too!

Don't get me wrong the quad hauler is still sitting at home attached to the 2003 Ranger. With the price of gas right now that is all it gets used for.

My .02 cents.
Good luck man.

40 mpg???? must have been a 5 speed. My neon doesnt have overdrive. so im lucky to get 30

stiffy
09-28-2004, 07:37 AM
You probably just have bad luck. I had a 97 Ram 1500 and it would pull 3 times as much as my friends F-150 and his brothers Suburban. It sucked gas like no other though. Now I have a 2001 Cummins and not even ford or chevy guys can say a bad thing about it Dodge Cummins is just a great truck. Fords are cool too but the ifs chevy sucks.

Dannys400ex
09-28-2004, 08:08 AM
winter is coming up, if you dont like the the dodge go trade it for a chevy,but dont whine when the dodge trucks pass you up in the ditch

Rico
09-28-2004, 08:11 AM
I like the cool lookin smoke that comes outa the exhaust of most dodge vehicles.......:eek2: :eek2:

lil400exman
09-28-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by kwatts400
Check Hondas website out. They have a prototype out, it should be out in a few years!
i was talking to a honda engineer. She designs front ends and she told me that this will be the most reliable and toughest honda built so far. its called the SUT or SLUT:p anyways the front end is very sturdy with heavy bushings of delrin and fully robotic welds on ALL parts unlike the element. She told me not to buy the element. She was telling me they had it back to her over 5 times cause she kept making the car over budget in the desgin of the suspension and steering. She said with all the cut corners she will not even ride in one:eek2: she was pretty kool too.......she knew her shizz!

lil400exman
09-28-2004, 08:53 AM
btw im a toyota man.....landcruiser all the way for me...

as i say,
"Sorry Heep There Is Another"

FJ40 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!:devil:

anyways i wanna pickup a tacoma with TRD and put a mini truck axle under the front. I love my toyotas.......i got a landcruiser FYI;) hadnt been driven for 3 years-put new gas in, chaged oil, put new plugs in, new wires and new battery and she runs like a champ!!!!!

FourFiftyFour
09-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by SRH
dodge= polaris---junk
ford=honda---reliable
nissan=kawi/suzuki--yea

actually toyota doesnt require as much maintanence as the KTM, and KTMs arent as reliable as toyota ;) my tundra hasnt had any problems and weve had several toyotas with 100,000's of thousands of miles on them.....

hehehe but i like orange from KTM so i'll let it slide this time ;)

chucked
09-28-2004, 09:26 AM
winter is coming up, if you dont like the the dodge go trade it for a chevy,but dont whine when the dodge trucks pass you up in the ditch

so dodges are good at driving in ditches?

stiffy
09-28-2004, 09:40 AM
I think he meant when the dodge passes you while your stuck in a ditch?:confused:

sharkinthepool
09-28-2004, 09:47 AM
40 mpg???? must have been a 5 speed. My neon doesnt have overdrive. so im lucky to get 30

Sure is!!! All highway too!

chucked
09-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by stiffy
I think he meant when the dodge passes you while your stuck in a ditch?:confused:

i know im beign a smart ***. I think that chevy handles better then dodge also. My moms truck feels like its riding on marbles, my bosses chevy 2500 drives like a car, very stable.

jja125
09-28-2004, 10:58 AM
my 2001 dodge dakota is a big steaming turd :mad:

i don't want to waste time going through its problems (its already wasted enough of my time), but i will never buy another dodge vehicle again. like popo said look at the trade in values on them. mine isn't worth chit anymore compared to other similar brands/models. there's actually several webpages devoted to how bad dodges suck if you look for them. and there's also a complaint page on the NTSB's webpage so you can look up any similar complaints for any vehicle you might have, look up recalls and pending recalls, etc. for all brands. go there and compare the amount of complaints for dodges vs. toyotas.

not only does dodge's engineering suck, but their customer service is garbage too. i am amazed every time i actually make it to and from a race when i pull my trailer. i think the mountains in WV this weekend killed it though.

01TRX300EX
09-28-2004, 12:34 PM
My 1992 Dakota has 73,000 miles on it and hasn't had any problems yet, nothing beyond basic maintenance anyways, I'd buy a Dodge again, I think they are great trucks in my opinion.

gyt-r450
09-28-2004, 12:40 PM
yeah dodge suck

chucked
09-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 01TRX300EX
My 1992 Dakota has 73,000 miles on it and hasn't had any problems yet, nothing beyond basic maintenance anyways, I'd buy a Dodge again, I think they are great trucks in my opinion.

yea well back in the day cars were made stronger, not as many computers to screw up. Thats not alot of miles for 1992

Rastus
09-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I love my Chevy truck. :) :cool:

LazeR
09-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
i think hondas are more like toyotas, toyotas last for ever.

I couldn't agree with you more

allmixedup047
09-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Dodge Cummins is just a great truck. Fords are cool too but the ifs chevy sucks.
IMO the new cummins suck ***. they are over rated. they cant pull like the powerstrokes or the duramax. the old cummins are alright i guess. you can get the CAT motor in the new dodges though, that would be my pick if i had to get a dodge. but out of the new trucks it would be the 6.0 powerstroke.

09-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Bobbs07
I would hope you wouldnt have problems with something with 52,000 miles:huh the average vehicle wont..but with this kid *****ing saying that dodge blows becuase of a blown headgasket at 50k? chucked you prolly just stomp on the gas too hard too often, but think you dont..becuase its just how your used to driving.

K_Banger125
09-28-2004, 02:12 PM

i was driving in ditches yesterday with my chevy and didn't get passed by a dodge:eek2:

chucked
09-28-2004, 02:24 PM
the average vehicle wont..but with this kid *****ing saying that dodge blows becuase of a blown headgasket at 50k? chucked you prolly just stomp on the gas too hard too often, but think you dont..becuase its just how your used to driving.

omg u retard!!!! IT WAS BLOWN BEFORE I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!! REREAD WHAT I WROTE!!! moron..... btw it was owned by an old amish lady before my mother bought it..... O YEA! PRE-2000 NEONS ARE NOTORIOUS FOR BLOWING HEAD GASKETS!!!!!

chucked
09-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by K_Banger125
i was driving in ditches yesterday with my chevy and didn't get passed by a dodge:eek2:

hahaha!

SRH
09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
dodge is junk...i like fords the problem with toyota is the resale is so high that i can get like a 99-00 ford for what they want for a 93 yota and i can get ford parts anywhere...i liek there buddy styling and stuff...i just like em, i love the look of the old t 100s i wouldnt mind having one of them:eek2:

but with a dodge you can pretty much count on having some sort of major mehcanical failure, its like they have all these good idea but they dont know how to do it

its like wow this blueish redish color is cool so you take and throw green and blue in a bucket with yellow and stir it up but instead of the cool color u get a bucket of $hit

thats how dodge goes about making vehicles imo

400EXrider#91
09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
one word for ya HEMI

this man right here knows what hes talking about

chucked
09-28-2004, 02:50 PM
my sisters geo is faster then the hemi

400EXrider#91
09-28-2004, 03:04 PM
my sisters geo is faster then the hemi

well my buddy brad is just like "milner", he has a dodge 2500 Hemi and there ain't nothing around here that can't beat it other than a totally built banks ford powerstoke. that thing is a drag racing king. Ford or chevy don't make any other truck other than the SRT-10 and the ford lighting that will touch it. come on we are talking about a 2500. in a 1500 a hemi would flat out hall A S S. END OF STORY

09-28-2004, 03:06 PM
ya, im a totallllllllll moron man like omg! get over yourself man, so YOU have had bad luck along with some other people. its jut like fourwheelers, when rincons were first available to the public, they had a recall on the fron shocks not being touqed down, and had cases of them coming loosei know early raptors were ecuipped with weak axles..z400 has a weak frame..every model of every make will have its flaws, obviously we see things different here so dont bother arguing. when my tranny goes out in my dakota, and when my dads ram 3500 has a "major malfunction" ill get back to you.

SRH
09-28-2004, 03:09 PM
ya, im a totallllllllll moron man like omg! get over yourself man, so YOU have had bad luck along with some other people. its jut like fourwheelers, when rincons were first available to the public, they had a recall on the fron shocks not being touqed down, and had cases of them coming loosei know early raptors were ecuipped with weak axles..z400 has a weak frame..every model of every make will have its flaws, obviously we see things different here so dont bother arguing. when my tranny goes out in my dakota, and when my dads ram 3500 has a "major malfunction" ill get back to you.

true but like i said dodges equivelent in the atv world is polaris...

i dunno about you guys but i dont really car what truck is faster i just need to get from pt a to pt reliability is the most important thing to me

09-28-2004, 03:22 PM
polaris to you, not to me..im not sure what id rate it...but im happy with my dodge, and i know my dad couldnt be happier with his.

chucked
09-28-2004, 03:24 PM
polaris to you, not to me..im not sure what id rate it...but im happy with my dodge, and i know my dad couldnt be happier with his.

must be a dime a dozen

DEAL
09-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Ford is garbage.
We had a 91 aerostar van , 86-f150 and a 90-f150 (which we own now) , the aerostar had about 6 transmissions in it in the time we owned it, tons of air conditioning problems, engine light showing computer problems etc..
86 f-150 .. Junk .. blew up after a month so we junked it.
90 f-150 .. low kilometers .. never driven hard .. has 150 thousand kms on it .. tansmission went .. radiator went .. computer went, and last night I was about to come home after working 16 hours .. put the key in the ignition and the guts stripped out of it so I couldn't get it started.

Chev all the way.

84 caprice classic .. well over 200,000 miles .. one transmission (went before we put it in storage at around 200,000 miles)
97 lesabre - 250,000kms on it .. zero problems.

K_Banger125
09-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 400EXrider#91
well my buddy brad is just like "milner", he has a dodge 2500 Hemi and there ain't nothing around here that can't beat it other than a totally built banks ford powerstoke. that thing is a drag racing king. Ford or chevy don't make any other truck other than the SRT-10 and the ford lighting that will touch it. come on we are talking about a 2500. in a 1500 a hemi would flat out hall A S S. END OF STORY

new hemi- hemisphreical head- poop
old hemi- horsepower- good
IMO the new hemis are just a name they put on them to get more sales...i'd take one tho:D

polabareus
09-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Buying a dodge does not make you retarded. Buying anything mechanical and not expecting to have to have it fixed once in a while, now that's retarded.

I-7
09-28-2004, 04:47 PM
We've had a dodge ram 5.9 for a few months now and are happy with it so far. It has 80k and its holding up well knock on wood! We also have a toyota 4x4 v4 with 280k on it and it is still running pretty strong. They are a great truck but are way too expensive now to buy again!

09-28-2004, 05:04 PM
toyotas 4 life

dirtyboy88
09-28-2004, 05:12 PM
the only reason u like them is b/c u have one

JEREMY BENSON
09-28-2004, 06:34 PM
GET RID OF YOUR HEADACHE, BUY A FORD!!!!!!!

LsMxRaCeR
09-28-2004, 08:13 PM
dodge :devil:

ThyJuGGaLo
09-28-2004, 08:17 PM
in my automotive class we have had:
Dodges
'96 a neon, no reverse lights(wiring), bad O2 sensor, lower control arm bushing

another '00 neon with bad water pump

a '01 durango with a bad radiator

Chevys:
a ??van, bad door handle and running board

i dunno the mileage on any of them

on my '93 Toyota truck at 102k miles, a thermostat

You be the judge

*not counting routine maintance

Brad300EXDuner
09-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Dodge trucks with the cummins are good.

TheWolf
09-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
IMO the new cummins suck ***. they are over rated. they cant pull like the powerstrokes or the duramax. the old cummins are alright i guess. you can get the CAT motor in the new dodges though, that would be my pick if i had to get a dodge. but out of the new trucks it would be the 6.0 powerstroke.

Show me where you can get a CAT engine in a dodge! ...I suppose you think Ford owns Cummins too. :rolleyes: :blah:

bulkdriverlp
09-29-2004, 07:42 PM
the worst 2 dodge cars are the neon and intrepid. the nickname is "intrapment" in a lot of garages. if ya stay away from those 2 dodge are just fine imo

southbeach14
09-29-2004, 07:46 PM
2003 quad cab with 20,00 miles . all of the rotors, calipers, and shoes are bad, it sucks, trading for a chevy

allmixedup047
09-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by TheWolf
Show me where you can get a CAT engine in a dodge! ...I suppose you think Ford owns Cummins too. :rolleyes: :blah:

you can get the cat motors in the fords.....my bad. and the ford motor company bought out cummins and signed an agreement with dodge that they would not use that line of cummings in any of there trucks.ford did not make the cummins motor though. they are just part owner or full owner. one of the two.

just do yourself a favor and take that cummins sign out from under your name. :blah:

batgeek
09-29-2004, 11:23 PM
98 Ram 1500 5.2l V-8, 144K on it, only thing i've had to change were the brake pads.

and i beat the chit outta my trucks....they're freakin trucks for Christ's sake....not a damn car.

now Ford....LOL, i can write a page on the problems my father had with his 89 F-150 and 85 Ranger.

i'll never own a Ford truck.

allmixedup047
09-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
98 Ram 1500 5.2l V-8, 144K on it, only thing i've had to change were the brake pads.

how about oiland tires.:huh

MOFO
09-30-2004, 04:43 AM
how about oiland tires.:huh

boy the avg IQ level sure is falling around here lately...

Dont worry, I'm sure he is still running the oil from the factory with the original tires @ 144,000 miles... :rolleyes:

jja125
09-30-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by southbeach14
2003 quad cab with 20,00 miles . all of the rotors, calipers, and shoes are bad, it sucks, trading for a chevy

be prepared to change them all at 50k and 70k too. no such thing as just getting new brake pads on the quad cabs apparently. your front end ball joints, etc. will go to chit in about another 20k miles too. actually they are probably going bad right now. i think mine were all gone at about 35k. :mad:

MY450R
09-30-2004, 06:53 AM
when i sold trucks a while ago we would take in a dodge on trade and we wouldn't give them chit for dodges
we actually told customers that they'd be better off selling thier trade outright cause dodges suck

Rdhanded2
09-30-2004, 01:18 PM
1992 Ford F150 300ci inline 6.

Bought at 80,XXX miles from original owner that had done zero work to the truck.

126,XXX miles -new clutch.

176,XXX miles- new front brake pads only.

I can't complain too much about that.

My dad has an 86 with only 80,XXX miles on a 351W. He just drives it to work up the road, and has never had to do a thing to it other than tires. Change the oil and other regular maintenace and these things will run forever.

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
boy the avg IQ level sure is falling around here lately...

Dont worry, I'm sure he is still running the oil from the factory with the original tires @ 144,000 miles... :rolleyes:

it was a joke! just giving the dodge owners chit.;)

TheWolf
09-30-2004, 01:45 PM
you can get the cat motors in the fords.....my bad. and the ford motor company bought out cummins and signed an agreement with dodge that they would not use that line of cummings in any of there trucks.ford did not make the cummins motor though. they are just part owner or full owner. one of the two.

just do yourself a favor and take that cummins sign out from under your name. :blah:

Just part owner or full owner??? so which is it? how about a number 3............. ford does NOT own any part of Cummins!!

here you go, directly from the cummins website.

Does Ford own Cummins?

No, Ford does not own any part of Cummins Inc

http://www.cummins.com/na/pages/en/products/dodgeram/faq/answers.cfm?uuid=000C518F-094B-1E31-850880C4A8F00000

You should do yourself a favor and know what your talking about before you speak.!!

You all need to grow up!! Just because you have had a bad experience with a certain brand of someting does not mean that it's a horrible product. no one and no company has ever made a product and not had troubles with it. there are always lemons in the bunch, no matter what it is! I am sure I could find lots of yamaha people that would say people who buy hondas are retarded, because the one or two that they have ,or had at one point, had problems. would you say they are full of it? you would blow a gasket if someone even mentioned that they had any kind of a problem with their honda. GROW UP

chucked
09-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Just part owner or full owner??? so which is it? how about a number 3............. ford does NOT own any part of Cummins!!

Does Ford own Cummins?

http://www.cummins.com/na/pages/en/products/dodgeram/faq/answers.cfm?uuid=000C518F-094B-1E31-850880C4A8F00000

You should do yourself a favor and know what your talking about before you speak.!!

You all need to grow up!! Just because you have had a bad experience with a certain brand of someting does not mean that it's a horrible product. no one and no company has ever made a product and not had troubles with it. there are always lemons in the bunch, no matter what it is! I am sure I could find lots of yamaha people that would say people who buy hondas are retarded, because the one or two that they have ,or had at one point, had problems. would you say they are full of it? you would blow a gasket if someone even mentioned that they had any kind of a problem with their honda. GROW UP

WELL since I got such an overwhelming response, id say dodge is ****, period.

allmixedup047
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM

Does Ford own Cummins?

ok, settle down there. it was all a bunch of jokes about the dodge thing on my part. i have said it before if you take care of it it should last as long as you want it too. i drive a ford, i have had chevy's and my dad said he would never own a dodge his whole life, but he has one now and he seems to like it. i will buy whatever appeals to me and has a good price tag on it. all of the top three companies put out good stuff, or else they wouldnt sell.

Ford did purchase some of Cummins stock, so in effect they did own Cummins. It was not controlling interest though.

Pappy
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM
ive owned doge, ford and chevy. i even owned a toyota. at some point you will have problems with them all.

chucked, if its your money your willing to spend so all these folks can drive the brand of truck you like then so be it. until then stfu