PDA

View Full Version : atv's in trouble in maryland!!!!!!!

diangelo#67
09-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Well folks some of you know me, national racer, trail rider all around lover of the sport. Here in carroll co maryland we have a new growth problem. Yuppies moving in that think atv's are a problem=this is the link to the acrobat file that will be discussed at our meetings http://www.ccgov.carr.org/attorney/ordinance/ord04-a.pdf
Atv's were here before the growth problem I don't think we should have to suffer for new-comers.
If you guys could do us here a favor and flood this guy with e-mails about atv rigths I think he could get an under standing
mailto:nridgely@ccg.carr.org
much thanks to everyone

for those of you who live near carroll co maryland these are the meeting dates
http://www.ccgov.carr.org/attorney/ordinance/not04-a.pdf

diangelo#67
09-28-2004, 07:39 PM
just remember that one person can make a difference

sounds corny but I try

not2hi
09-30-2004, 11:02 AM
my son went to the "meeting" in Westminster last night, but it was more of a presentation of information...different stations set up where you could get info on what was going on...he said there were cards you could fill out with your info, if you were a homeowner or a rider and if you were for or against the law. I'm planning on going to the meeting in Mt. Airy on 10/15 just to check it out...i think the actual hearing is going to be held sometime after these initial meetings are over...that's where the real fun begins...and where the masses need to show up.

some interesting points...the decibel limit is set at 65...an electric toothbrush is 60db...

i own 20 acres and with the current law, i am not allowed to ride on my property since its long and narrow (current law says no riding within 300 feet of neighboring property)

Pappy
09-30-2004, 11:08 AM
yet another reason i am ever so glad i moved away from maryland

bigbadktm
09-30-2004, 01:18 PM
man i feel for you guys...here in CA we have to constantly battle to keep riding areas open, due to enviro nazis. we have to keep fighting the good fight, and have to keep poeple informed on the laws and actions being taken against the off-road community.

BTW the decible limit i CA is 96db for most people, and 101db for older and competition bikes...60db is rediculous. that would mean riding an electric wheelchair with a sound box over the motor...lol :D

not2hi
09-30-2004, 01:47 PM
well, of course this is a knee jerk reaction by the county...

the whines of the few affect the masses...

there have been only 7 ATV related noise complaints filed in Carroll County in the year 2004, and i'm sure most of those were filed after this was blasted all over the local newspapers back in the spring.

Insider
09-30-2004, 01:49 PM
arizona rules and maryland stinks

Pappy
09-30-2004, 01:54 PM
i remember seeing a billboard on 140 about carroll county not allowing basic freedoms or something of that nature.

it will become little baltimore in no time. anyone needing some crack:confused:

T.Hopp
09-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Has Carroll Co started shooting the local deer population with birth controll yet. Last month I heard where someone was proposing to do so as a solution to the over population. What an idiot idea! The person whome proposed that needs to be shot w/ birth control so they can't reproduce. In Baltimore Co though, There is a meeting thursday night at a local school that will inform the community of what to expect when they have a two day shotgun hunt in the Gunpowder St Park (Hammerman Area) in January. This is a first ever! Will be interesting! New also is that for archers in Baltimore, there is no bag limit for antlerless deer. Take as many as you want. Cool!

RTSE440
09-30-2004, 04:19 PM
WOW... I live in Baltimore County...about 15-20mins from Carroll C. Please let me know when the actual hearing/ meeting is going to be...I WILL ATTEND. We need the bodies in the room to stand up for our rights.

65 decibles....? ...:huh ....you've got to be kidding. So lawn mowers , weedeaters, leafblowers, and such should also make it on the banned list. This whole thing is ridiculous and needs to be stopped. Let's stop this cancer before it spreads.

diangelo#67, who exactly is the email address for, and what is his position. I would like to make sure I got all the info right, before I send off my mail....thanks

Pappy
09-30-2004, 05:26 PM
i am birth control for the deer in carroll county:devil:

not2hi
10-01-2004, 07:19 AM
this info is from the posting in the local newspaper that the county is required to print...

DATES FOR WORKSHOPS:
9/29 County offie building, Westminster
10/4 N Carroll Senior Center, Greenmount
10/18 Mt Airy Senior Center, Mt Airy
10/20 Oklahoma Rd Middle, Eldersburg
10/27 Runnymede Elem, Westminster

"The workshops are informal meetings intended to answer questions and receive comments concerning the proposed ordinances. It is important for interested persons to be present so comments can be fully discussed. A public hearing will be scheduled and held no sooner than 14 days after the last workshop is held"

diangelo posted a link to view the Zoning ordinance http://www.ccgov.carr.org/attorney/...nce/ord04-a.pdf but of course is "generic" at best and filled with government-speak

here's a link to the Noise Ordinance http://www.carr.org/ccg/attorney/ordinance/ord04-b.pdf

Neil Ridgely is the Zoning Administrator and is dealing with the Zoning part.

James Slater is Deputy Director for Environment and Resource Protection and is dealing with the Noise ordinance.

diangelo#67
10-01-2004, 09:18 PM
extra tedbets,,
lawnmowers agricultural equiptment is exempt, but says nowhere in the artical about atv's for ag use?

will now be 600 feet circumference to neighboring property

thanks to every one who showed up at the meeting and to those who wrote letters in support, soon there will be a trail in which I will post again to ask for your support
thanks, maryland riders

dirtriderex
10-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Thats how it is for me, my parents moved where I am now because of the forests. within 10 years there is not a forst in sight. People can't just mind their own buisness:grr: . They even banned mountain bikes in the forest preserve b/c of the horse people, When horses cause all the damage. If your going to vote, Kerry would make things even worse for us. So vote Bush:D

Live2Die420420
10-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Yep I live in carrol county as well and i fully intend to go to every meeting they're holding. I went to the first one they had and it was gayer then your imagination will allow. Alos who thinks we can keep our bikes at 65 db? they don't even make a silencer for that. I they're gonna try to make us do something at least make it freakin possibe. Morons. Anyway I was wonderin if anyone around here rides at the Train Track, Hoods mill dump, the rock quary in howard county or the bean field. If so let me no. I go riding every sunday and me and my friends are looking for some more people to go wit.

dirtriderex
10-02-2004, 09:48 PM
420420 huh (4-20-??) Now what could that stand for. LOL:p

diangelo#67
10-03-2004, 02:43 PM
my parents live @the first house on hoodsmill from 97 side. I use to ride there every day but too many new land owners back there now!>..............

Live2Die420420
10-03-2004, 05:36 PM
no, not anymore I ride back their every day now to and haven't got caught yet. Just be carfull and don't stop if someone acts broken down on the tracks. Also wuts your name i might no you. Do you know cris norris and corry norris? or bvrent mercer?

Pappy
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
remeber its maryland, youre going to have to show them there is a negative economic impact if the citizens of carroll county cant ride and purchase parts and quads from businesses in the county.

800,000 atv's were purchased in 2003 with an average price of $5900 in the USA.

make sure to get c&l cycle and ray wilt involved also. (i know they are not in MD but they sell a ton to marylanders)

diangelo#67
10-04-2004, 04:38 PM
live to ride; yeah I know them punks...i'm the house in front of them it's mario

pappy I saw my boys from ellicott city motorsports at the first work shop, that information is going to help lots at the hearings

thanks

Live2Die420420
10-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Wait, you're mario that had the bad ***** raptor. then sold it and got the Z-400? I'm comin ridin sunday u gonna be home? and are you ther house with the bad ***** truck in the driveway? im leavin at 10:00 on sunday

Live2Die420420
10-04-2004, 06:17 PM
pappy do you live near the dump and all that?

not2hi
10-06-2004, 07:14 AM
According to the CC Times on Tuesday, there was a huge turnout at the ATV workshop in Hampstead...and apparently the majority were against the new ordinances...

Neil Ridgley stated that "if it weren't for all the complaints, we wouldn't even be having this discussion" but it was brought up that he had stated in a previous meeting that only 6 or 7 complaints had been filed...he replied "those were only formal complaints, but there were alot more"... LOL, good one Neil! I believe that's called "heresay" and is not admissable as evidence!

My favorite quote (remember i'm a landowner and pay a BOATLOAD of property tax)
"When the county starts paying my property tax, then they can tell me what to do with my property"

This is going to get good...

Pappy
10-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Live2Die420420
pappy do you live near the dump and all that?

nope. i moved out of maryland almost 1 year ago and thank god every day for it.

when we were battling carroll county to get the gun range in at the dump, i remeber one of the homeowners who opposed the range stood up in his $500 suit and very methodically and intelligently stated in so many words that we were all rednecks and didnt need firearms. he stated several times that he had a $450,000 home that ajoined the dump and he would fight tooth and nail to keep the range from becoming a reality. when he was done speaking down at us i politely stood up and asked him if he was so damn smart why in the hell did he buy a $450,000 house located next to a dump:o the crowd all cheered and the dumbass turned about 40 shades of red.

you need to keep your cool in those meetings but dont be afraid to stand up and point out the obvious. a well thought out, fact based blurp form some guy in the crowd can go along way especially if registered votors are added to the end of it:devil:

Live2Die420420
10-06-2004, 01:08 PM
When is the next meeting. I couldn't make it to the first one because i had to work. But i intend to go to every other one. Remember let me know if you want to go over the dump sunday riding.

not2hi
10-06-2004, 01:29 PM
I think all are at 7 pm...

10/18 Mt Airy Senior Center, Mt Airy
10/20 Oklahoma Rd Middle, Eldersburg
10/27 Runnymede Elem, Westminster

Live2Die420420
10-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanx for the time for some odd reason it didnt list the time in the eldersburg eagal today it only had the dates. Anyone goin ridin suday at the dump or am i alone with the same old people again?

gate_keeper_32
10-07-2004, 07:59 PM
I am glad to see others on here from Maryland too! I have a problem finding places to ride as well. I live in Cecil County, Maryland. I grew up in Bedford, Pennsylvania andcould ride for miles and miles and miles all day long and never hit the same road or trail twice. It was nice, just open the garage door, check the oil, gas up and go! But now that I live in this tax infatuated, rat race, he$$ hole of a state Maryland, I cant just "take off and go" any time I want. Luckily I own 5 acres that I can put around on, but its nothing like it was in Pa.

If there are any clubs or places to ride around here, I'd like to know about them.

Live2Die420420
10-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Cicil county eh gate keeper? I think the train tracks run through ceicil county. a matter of fact they almost have to. Ask some people around your house and in the arrea if they know of any trails that take you to the train tracks, The tracks are great because they can take you to many riding spots in maryland. If you find out that their is a trail leading down to the tracks in your area let me know and ill meet you their and you can come riding with my crew sometime.

gate_keeper_32
10-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Live2Die420420
Cicil county eh gate keeper? I think the train tracks run through ceicil county. a matter of fact they almost have to. Ask some people around your house and in the arrea if they know of any trails that take you to the train tracks, The tracks are great because they can take you to many riding spots in maryland. If you find out that their is a trail leading down to the tracks in your area let me know and ill meet you their and you can come riding with my crew sometime.

Sounds good...And I live fairly close to the tracks, in fact if I take the quad to my cousins house, I can get to them in the matter of seconds. I've traveled up and down the track and beleive it or not, there isnt much to choose from as far as places. No worries though, I will find a place. Where are you from exactly? Are you close to cecil county?

Live2Die420420
10-11-2004, 01:47 PM
i LIVE OVER IN SYKESVILLE MARYLAND. i DONT KNOW WHAT DIRECTION YOU TRAVEL DOWN THE TRACK THOUGH. iLL LOOK ON MAP QUEST AND CATCH UP WITH YOU SOON. Well Find a halfway point to meet at and ill see you their.

Seano300ex
10-29-2006, 02:28 PM
I think screw maryland,I'm moving to Pa so I can ride all day-everyday:D

mole97
10-30-2006, 02:01 AM
I would'nt be so quick to say screw this state, I'll just stay where I am. This is happening EVERYWHERE and it may not be in your town right now,but be carefull..I know lots of people here in New York who thought '"OH I'll just buy some property upstate in the middle of nowhere,and all it takes is one assshole to complain,and now you got a fight just to ride on what is supposedly yours:ermm: Situations like this are becoming widespread and these are the times that ALL atv riders(racers.woods riders) have to stick together and if possable sign these petitions,go to meetings. These tree huggers are not gonna just go away,so unless something is done ,go buy atv v.s. mx ,but keep the volume down so noone complains!!!

not2hi
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
you realize this thread is over 2 years old?

that law got passed a long time ago and there wasn't a dang thing we could do about it...

Seano300ex
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I was just joking guys, Pa would be nice tho

exrider008
10-30-2006, 02:33 PM
a 2 year old post...AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mole97
10-31-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by not2hi
you realize this thread is over 2 years old?

that law got passed a long time ago and there wasn't a dang thing we could do about it... :rolleyes: OOPS. Hate when I do that:ermm: :uhoh: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: