PDA

View Full Version : getting used to/breaking in new riding boots

turboTony
09-27-2004, 06:54 PM
I just got my new THOR ATV boots in the mail today and they feel like I'm wearing ski boots.
I was thinking of wearing them tomorrow for a stroll through the woods to break them in a little. I can't see how I'm going to be able to shift with these things till they're broken in.
Any tips?

kicken250x
09-27-2004, 07:03 PM
tonight when you take a shower dump soap allllllllll inside them and wear them in the shower, dry them out and walk around the house in them. do this for about a week then ride your *** off. thats what me and my buddies have always done with riding boots, new wake board bindings, hell even new shoes. best way ive found...next best thing...wear them...all the time...

I-7
09-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Just wear them around the house for about an hour and just walk around, bend your knees every now and then. After a good ride they should be broken in..

FourFiftyFour
09-27-2004, 07:08 PM
i wore mine everywhere around the house for about a week straight....... and i stretched them out as much as i could by bending them

theTman
09-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Just wear them around the house for about an hour and just walk around, bend your knees every now and then. After a good ride they should be broken in..

tahts what i did and they were broke in in less than a day

gyt-r450
09-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
tonight when you take a shower dump soap allllllllll inside them and wear them in the shower, dry them out and walk around the house in them. do this for about a week then ride your *** off. thats what me and my buddies have always done with riding boots, new wake board bindings, hell even new shoes. best way ive found...next best thing...wear them...all the time...

that will work for sure:rolleyes:

turboTony
09-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x

:huh lol! I could just imagine the look on my wife's face when I get out of the shower wearing my boots.

allmixedup047
09-28-2004, 12:04 AM
well i have had my alpinestars for about 2 years now and i have broken buckles ridding so hard but i still dont think the damn things are broke in like they should be. but they have saved my ankles countless times!!!

turboTony
09-28-2004, 01:22 AM
If it's not raining too hard tomorrow, I'm going to take a little walk through the trails behind my house. Maybe I'll take the pruning shears with me and get rid of all those damn pricker bushes that scratch my arms all to hell. :devil: