PDA

View Full Version : what is the best performing raptor 660 exhaust

450rkydude
09-27-2004, 06:29 PM
my buddy just got a 660 raptor what is the best performing exhaust for it like making the most horsepower all around and sounds good.i was thinking the hmf,yoshi,gytr or lrd what do you think another guy on a raptor has the fmf titanuim 4 can you recomend a pipe that will outperform the fmf.thanks guys.he is only wanting a slip on for now

LTandRaptorider
09-27-2004, 09:30 PM
I put an Alba on mine, been happy with it. Couldn't go wrong with and LRD pipe either.

dodgeram
09-28-2004, 09:12 AM
The CT pipe produced the most hp on the dyno test.

ZSK
09-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Alba is one of the sickest systems out there. A buddy of mine put it on his raptor and had people swearing that he did a piston and cam too. I pulls hard and beats every other piped raptor he's gone against.

Bad Habit
09-28-2004, 08:53 PM
If he's wanting the most HP output, tell him to save his money and get a full system, not just a slip-on. I've rode (and tuned) three Raptors. Two with Yoshi full systems and one with FMF slip on, there is no comparison between the full system and a slip-on. Even though he spent less, the guy with the FMF is pissed that he waisted his money on that slip-on. My vote would be for the Yoshi system after seeing how much it wakes up a stock Raptor. Then, one of the two Yoshi Raptors got a 686 piston, cam, carb...................................oh well, that's another level all together.:devil:

BTW, I've had some time with an Alba pipe on a DS650. It honestly made the bike slower than stock. The jetting was spot on but that pipe choked that big motor down bad. However, that's the only experience I've had with Alba pipes and I've heard many that like them on other bikes.

LTandRaptorider
09-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit

BTW, I've had some time with an Alba pipe on a DS650. It honestly made the bike slower than stock. The jetting was spot on but that pipe choked that big motor down bad. However, that's the only experience I've had with Alba pipes and I've heard many that like them on other bikes.

Good advice on getting the full sytem for the rappy. ;)

And you're right about the Alba pipe choking it. When I first put mine on, they send you one size bigger main jet. So you take the larger stock main, put it in the lean carb, put Alba's main in the rich carb. First time I rode it, I was pissed! It had no low end, didn't rev out worth a damn. A call to Alba was no help. I ended up going 4 sizes bigger from stock on the mains, and one size SMALLER on the pilots! I also put the Pro flo filter kit in. Jetting is of course very important for getting the best performance out of aftermarket pipes and filters... but my Rapppy still wouldn't beat a YFZ with LRD pipe, unless I had another 100 yards to run him down! :o :p

09-29-2004, 08:04 AM
my friend wants a yoshi full system but he cant ever scrap enough money together b/c hes always having to fix things breaking on it...

LTandRaptorider
09-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
my friend wants a yoshi full system but he cant ever scrap enough money together b/c hes always having to fix things breaking on it...

Oh jumbo... just when I thought you were reformed... :blah:

Mine's going on 3 years, only minor maintenance problems. Maybe your friend doesn't know how to take care of it? :confused: Needs a lil extra TLC, and kind words spoken softy to it... :p

10-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Oh jumbo... just when I thought you were reformed... :blah:

:blah: i speak the truth

mersingt
10-03-2004, 04:44 PM
any exhaust after market exhaust is better than stock as long as it flows better and is jetted correctly...and if you team it up with a good filter it will flow better to....

Mango
10-05-2004, 08:40 AM
I got the Yoshirmura Carbon Fiber Pro.
It was pricey, but I think worth it.
I would never invest in a slip on. It just makes you a bit louder.

Slip-on = noise
Full System = power

Mango

440exnacsracer
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Slip-on = noise

depends on what quad your talking about....my predator for example is best with the stock headpipe....hmf had trouble designing a pipe to match the stocker, as for the silencer,...i got a whole 5 hp off my hmf can:D

MY450R
10-08-2004, 07:53 AM
lrd is prolly the best for the rappy.that along with the head pipe will give excellent gains in hp but it still wont beat a 450
just thought i'd throw that in there
what an a-hole hey?

LTandRaptorider
10-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
lrd is prolly the best for the rappy.that along with the head pipe will give excellent gains in hp but it still wont beat a 450
just thought i'd throw that in there
what an a-hole hey?

dammit! you took the words right outta my mouth, took all my fun away!

I don't know about a 450R, but a YFZ spanked my rappy... :(

but on a good note, my LT spanked a 450R!! :D Long live the 2-stroke!

DirtDevilBT
10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
depends on what quad your talking about....my predator for example is best with the stock headpipe....hmf had trouble designing a pipe to match the stocker, as for the silencer,...i got a whole 5 hp off my hmf can:D

The warrior by far has the best header ever. There is no aftermarket pipes for the warrior other than the power bomb and thats just a waste of money. Yamaha normally makes really good headers out of the box.

DELRUS
10-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Go with a Curtis Sparks if you have jet work. It's the Best on the market for the Raptor.

QuadJunkies
10-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Yoshi and CT was the last I read on pipes... I have two buddies with Yoshi and are happy with it...