PDA

View Full Version : Makeing a Quad Street Legal

gotahemi2004
09-27-2004, 04:55 PM
how is it done what is needed?

blondie69
09-27-2004, 05:35 PM
All I know of is u need working signal lights, car tires I believe, and a few other things, not fully sure though...

I-7
09-27-2004, 05:58 PM
It depends on what state you are from

TheFontMaster
09-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Turn signals, brake and headlight, lower it, widen it,(both I don't belive are needed, but would improve handling and safety), Hooiser or other slick tire make shure they are street leagal before you buy them. If it's a 2 stroke quad that your turning street leagal the motor would have to be replaced. I would Sugest putting a street bike motor in whichever quad you decide to use just cause it's cool, and not all quad motors may be leagal for road use.

Hondadudeehhhh
09-27-2004, 06:53 PM
it ownt be a quad anymore, you have to add a single wheel swing arm. It will be a three wheeler

cds
09-28-2004, 10:02 AM
check this out

http://streetlegalatv.com/TRIAL.htm

happy riding,
cd

FourFiftyFour
09-28-2004, 10:06 AM
i think that is so ugly looking...... why do u have to make it into a three wheeler, i wouldnt ever want to do that to a quad, it looks horrible

I-7
09-28-2004, 01:41 PM
I say just buy a motorcycle if you want to ride something on the rode. A lot faster and better looking. :macho

EPDP99
09-28-2004, 11:33 PM
in arizona you need a horn, mirror, headlightsx2, tail and brake light. my buddy did it with razr tires.

cds
09-29-2004, 10:00 AM
<<i think that is so ugly looking...... why do u have to make it into a three wheeler, i wouldnt ever want to do that to a quad, it looks horrible>>

In Ohio, anyhow: 3 wheels = 3 wheel motorcycle.

4 wheels = "car" or "truck" There would be so much red tape to doing this that it would be extremely impractical. You'd basically have to make a street legal dune buggy out of it.

I think it's a cool workaround.

Besides, it probably handles much better on the street with the single rear wheel because you wouldn't have two rear tires on a solid axle scrubbing during turns.

It's not for everybody, but it could extend the "street bike" riding season. Put on some snowmobile gear and ride it to work in the snow and ice.
:)

FourFiftyFour
09-29-2004, 10:17 AM
what is snow and ice? i dont think i have seen any of that around here :p i guess thats why nobody around here would do that to a quad.....no point, we can all ride street bikes, and i still think that the "3 wheeled quad" is UGLY! lol