PDA

View Full Version : Wait Up Banshee!!!!!!!!

JIMTED79
09-27-2004, 12:41 PM
I HAVE A 400EX WITH A FULL BIG GUN EXHAUST SYSTEM AND A K@N WITH A REV LIMITER. MY BUDDY HAS A BANSHEE WITH TOMMEYS AND A K@N FILTER. IN A DRAG RACE HE WINS BY A LOT. WHAT CAN I DO TO THE 400EX WITH OUT BORING IT TO HELP ME SHORTIN THAT GAP?:eek:

red2004 TRX450R
09-27-2004, 02:18 PM
NOS

theTman
09-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
NOS

:rolleyes:

anyways, you could get a 440 kit or smoething along the lines of that, cam,gearing, etc.

atvracr350
09-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Seriously the only way you are gonna beat a banshee like that is to drag him in loose dirt and make the drag very short like 100 yards or somethin. My brother has a banshee with a plus 4 swingarm, toomey pipes and port and polish. In a short drag on the dirt i can usually stay out in front of him because first banshees don't have much bottom end and second he spins through almost evey gear. And as long as you keep the drag lenghts short you can gear down to like a 14 tooth sprocket and that will make you go faster down low just not on top end. Other than that im with everybody else and just say get nos. lol

Toadz400
09-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Good luck with that...once you pipe a Banshee, it's a whole different machine.

I have a Banshee and a 400EX and my EX will take on my Banshee in a SHORT drag, but that is only because I have a low-end pipe, smaller front sprocket and 18" tires so my gearing is insanely low.

The only way you will be able to beat a Banshee on a normal drag is to get a 416, stage 2 cam, fcr39 carb, port and polish and full exhaust (my friend's set-up and he beats my piped Banshee...on blacktop where I still spin:huh ).

speedy400
09-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Lol I remember that, you had ice screws in your tires though, lol didnt you spin for like 1/2 the strip though? I'm not sure if I'd be able to catch you when you would have traction.-darren

Originally posted by Toadz400
Good luck with that...once you pipe a Banshee, it's a whole different machine.

I have a Banshee and a 400EX and my EX will take on my Banshee in a SHORT drag, but that is only because I have a low-end pipe, smaller front sprocket and 18" tires so my gearing is insanely low.

The only way you will be able to beat a Banshee on a normal drag is to get a 416, stage 2 cam, fcr39 carb, port and polish and full exhaust (my friend's set-up and he beats my piped Banshee...on blacktop where I still spin:huh ).

Toadz400
09-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
Lol I remember that, you had ice screws in your tires though, lol didnt you spin for like 1/2 the strip though? I'm not sure if I'd be able to catch you when you would have traction.-darren

Haha, yea I did a burn out through 5 gears then I got SOME traction in 6th..by that time you were pretty much at the end of the strip.

Once I get some work done on the Banshee (engine wise;) ), we'll have to drag.

fmf400ex03
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
lol get a 465 and do sprockets and run alcohol and your should keep uo or eat that thing or with out boring and all that fansy stuff TURBO should do it and yes they make a set up for it

Toadz400
10-13-2004, 10:42 AM
By the time you put all the money into the 400 to get it able to waste a Banshee, you might as well have just gotten a 450 and piped it out.

fmf400ex03
10-13-2004, 08:31 PM
or u could get an 87-89 banshee(fastest banshees ever made stock imagine what happens when it gets hooked up) and and do that up for lwhat u could get for your quad and eat like 80% of the new 1s. my buddys uncle has 2 and i have seen time and time again he has it bored to a 370 and has boost bottle carb work bottom end work pipes another kid would have the same stuff by the smae companies and the 89 ate it every time they even switched. moral of all this, sorry man you bot the wrong quad sell it 400ex takes all except strait line it aint got the top end banshee stock mid to high 70's depended on the break in 400 60mph give or take, pipe jets filter on a 400ex your lookin at like 60-65mph same thing on a banshee your lookin at like 90+mph if u wanna beet a banshee u need like a streetbike or like a cr500(good luck getting that wide open) top of 6th from what i have heard is like 120+mph

Toadz400
10-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Woa buddy, learn how to use sentences!

I don't believe there is any difference in the 87-89's and the newer ones besides the switch from j-arms to a-arms, nothing engine-wise that I know of. Your buddy's uncle's Banshees are just set up better than the other guy's. His was probably just broken in better and thus runs better which turns up as more power.