PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Degree Burns

hondaidontknow2
09-26-2004, 09:58 PM
I dont know, if I'm posting this in the right area or not, but too bad, if I'm not.

I just need some information on 3rd Degree Burns.

I've looked on the internet and can't find any information or informative websites concerning 3rd Degree Burns.

Eariler tonight, around 9:00 p.m...a few people that I know... Bryan,Levi,Blake, and Jon were in a really bad vehicle accident tonight around 9:00 p.m.

Bryan...has 57% of his body burned in 3rd degree only

Blake...has 53% of his body burned in 3rd degree only

Levi...has 10% of his body burned in 2nd degree and around 9% of his body burned in 3rd degree.

Jon...has just a few 2nd degree burns on his chest and leg.

Bryan,Blake, and Levi were both lifeflighted to a Childrens Hospital and Burn Center.

Jon was just took to a hospital in an ambulance, and is having burns treated, because they're not too bad.

What I'm asking is, does anyone on this website know of any websites that I could find some information about 3RD Degree Burns.

Someone just help and find a website, because I can't find any.

Martin Blair
09-26-2004, 10:04 PM
i dunno any websites but my dad had 2nd/3rd degree burns on his hand when a cigarrette lighter blew up in his had and according to the doctor

1st: reddish skin, sunburn
2nd: server sun burn, blistering
3rd: burnt threw dermous and epedermous (both skin types) and nerve damaged, basicaaly nerly no skin tissue is let and he cant feel anything in those areas. My dad had 3rd on the upper palm of his hand and they grafted skin from his thigh to it and he still has no feeling.

burns are the worst, long recovey and most hurt like hell. there in my prayers

hondaidontknow2
09-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Thank you HN400exracer for the quick reply and the information.

Thank you

dpizz450
09-26-2004, 11:34 PM
man sorry to hear about that. hope that come out ok. burns suck. i have had about 7 cigarette burns on me. and about 3 or 4 from riding and my leg hittin the pipe or sumthing.

hondaidontknow2
09-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
man sorry to hear about that. hope that come out ok. burns suck. i have had about 7 cigarette burns on me. and about 3 or 4 from riding and my leg hittin the pipe or sumthing.

Thank you YZrida.

It does suck, especially since Bryan is my older brother. But I'm sure they'll all be alright.

They're going to have to enter rehablitation and have skin grafting, but hopefully they'll pull through.

09-27-2004, 09:56 PM
im sorry dude that sounds terrible. all i can say is get well soon?? once again sorry. but i can say that once i had second degree burns and i walked around in just my boxers and drank lots of water. if thats any help

hondaidontknow2
09-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by jakoby69
im sorry dude that sounds terrible. all i can say is get well soon?? once again sorry. but i can say that once i had second degree burns and i walked around in just my boxers and drank lots of water. if thats any help

Yes, it was the worst vehicle accident that I've ever seen.

Thank you jakoby69.

I honestly can't explain how much I appreciate all of your kind words and thoughts :).

Thanks everyone,
Sean.

Slacker
09-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Hey try webmd.net

sharkinthepool
09-28-2004, 05:51 AM
I was a medic for 5yrs on a rural Fire Dept.

These are under the "rule of thumb rule" for the new medical books.
The 1st degree that is posted is pretty much true maybe add some small blistering.

The 2nd degree is a little more severe and caused the most amount of pain!!!

That is because the 3rd degree burns, burn through the muscle layers and into the nerve endings.

A couple of those guys sound like they are in serious shape. Are they at Childrens in Columbus Ohio.

gyt-r450
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
im sry that must sux

I-7
09-28-2004, 01:13 PM
They will be in my thoughts :( . I've had 3rd degree burns but never that serious. When I was younger I was pinned under my bike and the pipe was on my leg for a minute or two and it did some nerve damage. Worst feeling ever. Its a long recovery time and its not fun. Its good to hear that they are alive though :( .