PDA

View Full Version : so confused oil coming out air box and how to adjust shocks

Xowner
09-26-2004, 08:05 PM
well had to get two quads in six foot bed so i put them up on grab bars and straped them down when i get their i get them down 300ex and my 450R 300ex comes down and let it sit for like 5 mins then start it up and start riding the 450R comes down and their is oil in the air box and starts coming out the dam drain in the air box :huh so i pulled the seat and air box lid theirs a little in their so i let it sit for a while check the oils their all in specs so i just added a little to the right side ( when sitting on the bike) came right out the hole and i checked the other side its fine too so i let it sit and it started 2 kick so i rode it then checked it again still fine so i rode it all day no problems

question is why did it come threw the carb and out the air box

also will cheaper brand of gas cause it to back fire?
i think it was the gas b/c it ran good untill i put the lower octance in it ( all i had)

another question is my shocks seam to stiff they dont bottom out i trail ride and jump some stuff nothing huge its just that when i land its hard and its not big jumps what should i do to get going in the right direction on adjusting the shocks?

THANKS ALOT!

rowlrag
09-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Now adays with the dam arabs blowin up there own oil, you'll never no what kinda gas yer gonna get, so my belief is that some gas is formulated with more or less quality ingredients. example, around here we have "reformulated gas" kinda like watered down crap, smells funny and burns different. So yes, bikes will run differenlt on different brands of gas and octane. Find the gas that it runs best on and stick with itAs for the oil comin out the airbox, probly gas run out the carb while stood up and mixed with airfilter oil.

Xowner
09-27-2004, 04:43 PM
come on guys help me with these shocks also were to get the tools to adjust them ?

and no man this was pure oil it looked like

turboTony
09-27-2004, 05:08 PM
ok, so if you want to adjust the shocks:
compression is on top. (too soft will make it bottom out, too hard will be bumpy ride)
Adjust the bottom for rebound. Too soft will make the front end "bouncy". Hard will make it smooth.
You just need a flathead screwdriver to adjust them. Clockwise for hard, counter-clockwise for soft.
Be careful running anything under 91 octane, it'll make your quad knock like hell. (NOT good)